Do You Support The Castle Doctrine? - Page 3

View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts On The Castle Doctrine?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do You Support The Castle Doctrine?

102 73.91%
  • Do You Oppose The Castle Doctrine?

1 0.72%
  • Do You Agree The Second Amendment IS Your Castle Doctrine?

73 52.90%
  • Do You Feel You Must Retreat Before DLP (Defense of Life, Property)?

1 0.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do You Support The Castle Doctrine?

This is a discussion on Do You Support The Castle Doctrine? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by melloyello There private property and they have the right to deny RKBA, so Boycott them all. NRA-ILA ...

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    There private property and they have the right to deny RKBA, so Boycott them all.
    NRA-ILA :: National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

I haven't bought or worn a pair of Levis for over 20 years.
    I don't buy Sara Lee, Earthgrains, Sprint, Hallmark, or Ben & Jerrys
    According to the current convoluted Second Amendment Infringements in place, they have a right to deny RKBA...

Hopefully, one of these days some fricking genius will figure out just WTF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means...

Till then will have to keep firing Politicians until we get a group that fricking listens to WE THE PEOPLE...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Can you say "throw-down piece"?
    Dead men tell no lies...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I suppose I am just ignorant or something but I don't understand how the Castle Doctrine and 2A are related. One says that you have the right to bear arms but it doesn't say that you have the right to kill people. CD says you have the right to defend yourself in your home whith whatever means you have available. It doesn't say you have you use a gun. It says you can use a gun, knife, baseball bat or bare hands.

BTW - Does arms in 2A only mean guns? What about knives, swords, bayonets and flamethrowers. Are they arms?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I suppose I am just ignorant or something but I don't understand how the Castle Doctrine and 2A are related. One says that you have the right to bear arms but it doesn't say that you have the right to kill people. CD says you have the right to defend yourself in your home whith whatever means you have available. It doesn't say you have you use a gun. It says you can use a gun, knife, baseball bat or bare hands.

BTW - Does arms in 2A only mean guns? What about knives, swords, bayonets and flamethrowers. Are they arms?
    Hmmm...a thoughtful question. My ND permit now lists weapon type as "firearm and dangerous weapon" which "allows" me to carry anything I want concealed (nunchuks, machete, knives, etc.). Didn't use to say that, just said "firearm" or something (don't quite remember the exact wording). I'm gonna assume, tho, until I'm educated otherwise (and oh, I will be, I'm sure), that the "arms" in RKBA meant weapons which could be fired. I'm inferring this from the writings of the founding fathers surrounding the 2A, which denotes the right to self-defense and to throw off a tyrannical government, which I'm assuming you would need more than pitchforks to do effectively. But what the hell do I know?

Good point about the relationship between 2A and CD. Will it make a difference if I shoot somebody or just beat 'em to death with a baseball bat? Or (this could be entertaining), just feed 'em to the Rottweiler?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post

Now we are getting somewhere!

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

The Castle Doctrine in my view is ambiguous with 2a...

Its Superfluous...

2a = bat, firearm, bazooka, f-14 tomcat... whatever...

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson, Letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

Disambiguate the Second Amendment Should Be The Mantra...

By Eliminating the 20,000 and counting ambiguous laws making the unambiguous Second Amendment Ambiguous...

Time To Take A Stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere!

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

The Castle Doctrine in my view is ambiguous with 2a...

Its Superfluous...

2a = bat, firearm, bazooka, f-14 tomcat... whatever...

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson, Letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

Disambiguate the Second Amendment Should Be The Mantra...

Time To Take A Stand...

I consider myself educated!

In my home, in my vehicle, or any place that I come under direct physical attack. If they die as a result of the injury I inflict while defending myself, that's the result of their decision to assault me.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Better Judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Better Judged by 12 than carried by 6...
    The gun is but another tool. The best weapon any man can have is the will to survive and the intelect to make it happen.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast