What Obamacare means for military retirees
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Obamacare means for military retirees

This is a discussion on What Obamacare means for military retirees within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Heads up for military retirees This is true. It is on pages 77, 172, 218, and 434. You have to ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation What Obamacare means for military retirees

Heads up for military retirees

This is true. It is on pages 77, 172, 218, and 434. You have to dig to see the charges.

We (retirees) would lose the Medicare for life benefit and would have to pay. We would lose TRICARE as a total care package. We would not be allowed to keep TRICARE so when Obama stands and says if you like what you have you can keep it, he lies.

This is a "Heads Up" on a battle we are facing now and down the road with the new Administration. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has already drafted proposed legislation that would basically reduce our TRICARE for Life benefits to a system whereby we pay deductibles and co-pays up to $6,301 the first year for you and your spouse, with future years being indexed to increase with inflation. What can we do? The article below, obtained from an Air Force Association and written by BG Bob Clements, best describes what we can do. Please read it and check the links for CBO language and do what Bob says-Send this email to every Military Retiree you know and write and email your Congressman often. For those of you that might have voted for "Change", you should do it more than often!

TRICARE FOR LIFE'S FUTURE....

TRICARE For Life was instituted to correct the broken promise that military retirees would receive free healthcare coverage for life and it covers the Medicare co-pay. Now a heavy assault has begun on Veterans'/Retirees' benefits to pay for other programs our President promised during the campaign. And it is a high priority of his administration. The one item of most interest to Retired Military is in Article 189. If approved by Congress the first assault wave would hit in 11 and would hit hard. It would initiate cost sharing to require retirees to pay the first $525 of medical cost and 50% of the next $4,725 for a first year cost of $2,888 per person. It would be indexed to increase with inflation. A reason given for this action (for Google Page Ranking effect) is "overuse" by Retirees.

For those of you who are covered by TFL you will want to pay attention (Below) to what BG Bob Clements has surfaced about the future of TFL. In any case, on page 189 of the Congressional Budget Office report, see the note below on how to get to that spot, there is a strong recommendation to eventually eliminate the program as it is too expensive. Just another move to slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives to the defense of our country.

Strongly recommend that you contact your elected officials and register your strong opposition to the elimination of the TFL program. Heads-up from BG Bob Clements, USAF Ret (P38 Bob)

The following has been added to the Congressional Budget Office Web Site Congressional Budget Office - Home Page a. Budget, Options, Volume 1: Health Care ( http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=992...cfm?index=9925

For those who have never opened one of these web sites from OMB :

1. double click on the above URL
    2. click on PDF
    3. click on the binoculars
    4. do a search for TFL
    Now here it is folks and I will guarantee if you sit around on your behind and do nothing about it as they bring these options forward this coming year, you will lose one of the best healthcare benefits that the Medicare eligible retired military have. It is short of the promises made that we fought so hard for back in the late 90s and early 00s but it is still the best healthcare program that anyone in the United States has, bar none.

People who are professionals always look for the channel of least resistance when it comes to cutting money out of the Federal and DOD budget. I can tell you this straight on, military retirees are one of those channels of least resistance noted for sitting around, doing nothing, and waiting for ole Joe to do it for them. You had better wake up. Your medical benefits are prime target. If you lose them, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Let me repeat that ... you have nobody to blame but yourself.

The way to secure your benefits is to write to your members of Congress and to keep writing and writing and writing. ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH!! Keep repeating the above statement until you are blue in the face.

Now I'm going to make one more statement to all of you younger people out there who are not yet eligible for TRICARE for Life. HEALTH CARE WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME THE DOMINATING FACTOR IN YOUR LIFE. Remember that . . . . it will impact you big time with the utmost in cruelty unless you are fortunate enough to die from a heart attack or get run over by a truck.

The service organizations will put up a fight, but, they will need your help and can't do it by themselves. I hope this makes it clear as to what you can expect if you do nothing.

To show you how stupid these professionals can be at times just read the data on the noted sites closely. You will see that in spite of the MTFs (Military Treatment Facility) need to get patients back to keep their doctors busy and the hospitals from going to clinic status, these people from OMB would employ a means to keep retirees from using MTF facilities by charging them a fee for services. How dumb can you get.

Even if you are an Obama fan, and believe that changeth cometh, TFL option from OMB will not go away. They need the money they spend on you for other programs for people who produce nothing but votes to keep their boss in office. If you know of anyone who is Retired Military, please forward this on to them. Bob

Remember- TFL is an "Earned Benefit" that's been granted by a previous Congress.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

In other words we are more f*cked then we are now...

Been fighting for my own service related disability(s) compensation since 07...
    Devout Muslim faith related injuries...

Not withstanding, out of pocket care that I could not/can not wait for red tape on...

We thank you for your service, & sacrifice now taking a fricking number, fill out this 6 inch stack of paper work; and if you live long enough to get it approved, we will be more than happy to discuss reimbursement for your out of pocket expenses in the mean time...

Does anybody actually believe that the Government can do anything better than the private sector? And if so what do you have to base that on?

E.G.:
    http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/hom...sItCovered.jsp
    Covered Services
    TRICARE covers most inpatient and outpatient care that is medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care are not covered at all...
    Some services or treatments require prior authorization. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs are dependent on your eligibility as a TRICARE beneficiary and may vary...

Thanks for your support...
    I love you...
    Checks in the mail...
    Last edited by lukem; 11-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I must have way too much time on my hands, I have been reading parts of the HRBS 3962 and just can not believe what is in that "Document" . Yet people line up in grooves to support it, frustrating.....
    Semper Fi

I'm not buying health insurance as a retired Veteran. I'm not paying a fine if I don't. So they think they can lock me up? Don't get stupid!

Obama andsome of his followers may think of him as a god,but what he tears down in his 4 years will take all of us a longtime.
    I came across the NRA by accident.I was reading n article about their constant fight over the second amendment and the trouble they helped people clear up.
    I joined the NRA and became one of the Founding FATHERS OF THE SECOND AMENDMENTT TASK FORCE.
    If Obama is beat in 2012 My personal thought is for him to refuse to give up the WhiteHouse. The second Amendment and our military may be all we can count on to stay free. I may be getting in trouble up to my ears by writing an article like this out in the open.But if you dont stand for freedom we may wake up with a dictator one morning..
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I must have way too much time on my hands, I have been reading parts of the HRBS 3962 and just can not believe what is in that "Document" . Yet people line up in grooves to support it, frustrating.....
    People are lining up in support of Obamacare because they haven't read what's in it and are "trusting" Dear Leader to tell them the truth...thus the term "sheeple". Yes, it is extremely frustrating, but you can't lead the sheeple to the fine print and you'll never convince them that the negatives apply to them. Of course, when it's too late, they'll find out...but probably wiill blame Ronald Reagan for it.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Thanks for joining the NRA! Obama needs to be stopped before he destroys America.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC Stu View Post
    I'm not buying health insurance as a retired Veteran. I'm not paying a fine if I don't. So they think they can lock me up? Don't get stupid!
    Its in the bill, and the IRS is the Gestapo Enforcement of ObamaCare if it gets through the Senate and back to the House... we know the Usurper will sign anything they put in front of him...

Tell Your Senators - NoBamaCare:
    U.S. Senate: Senators Home

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Its in the bill, and the IRS is the Gestapo Enforcement of ObamaCare if it gets through the Senate and back to the House... we know the Usurper will sign anything they put in front of him...

Tell Your Senators - NoBamaCare:
    U.S. Senate: Senators Home
    I hope they don't try to force this on us. If they want a really pi$$ed off Army Retiree to deal with, come on out!

This really pisses me off. I'm not a veteran but I believe you deserve everything. If I had my way you would be set up for life. Lifetime health benefits is the least our government should do. You and your families deserve so much for the sacrifices made on our behalf. My son served in Afganistan so I have an idea of what servicemen and their families go through. It's a sad thing to think our government would even consider this manuver. Health benefits should be a given. I will be writing my reps. on your behalf.
    God bless you from one American who's proud of our military. The Best on the planet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast