Please read the dang bill before you vote 2074 pages of crap

Please read the dang bill before you vote 2074 pages of crap

This is a discussion on Please read the dang bill before you vote 2074 pages of crap within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Senate bill weighs in at 2,074 pages In the Battle of the Health Bills, the Senate wins out, bulk-wise – ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation Please read the dang bill before you vote 2074 pages of crap

Senate bill weighs in at 2,074 pages
    In the Battle of the Health Bills, the Senate wins out, bulk-wise – weighing in at 2,074 pages.
    Senate bill weighs in at 2,074 pages - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com
    The House health reform bill was a mere 1,990 pages when introduced.

That means the Senate bill -- like the one in the House -- runs more pages than War and Peace, and has nearly five times as many words as the Torah.

The table of contents alone is 14 pages.

“Read the bill!” was a rallying cry of some health reform opponents over the summer. And if Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) gets his way, senators will get a chance to hear every word of it. He’s threatening to the read the legislation from start to finish, which by some estimates could take as long as 48 hours.

Posted by Carrie Budoff Brown 07:21 PM
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I hope he makes it. We all know that the only way most of the bureaucrats will every here what is in the bill is if someone reads it to them because most of them will not read any of it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Term limits.

That's all I'm saying.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Troubling, I do not see anything published yet. I have not got too far into the HRBS3962, and we are going to add this on...

I do not see how any Senator or staff is going to get through this in it's entirety in any short period at all.

Please let us know if anybody sees a posting of this ----- thing.
    Semper Fi

No way they're gonna read it...

Term limits (would love to see 'em, obviously) ain't gonna happen, either.

If this isn't a "tyrannical" gov't, then I don't know what is...short of "them" coming for the guns. And you know that would happen TOMORROW if "they" had anything to say about it...

Our recourse? I don't know...I'll vote, but the system's corrupt...

Term Limits is long over due. (Unless, of course, your the Mayor of NYC)
    We here in Michigan have a couple classic examples of long over due in Dingle and Conyers.

I usually take Wikipedia with a grain of salt, but for what we are talking about, it's a start.
    List of members of the United States Congress by longevity of service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by ricbak; 11-19-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Phat Fingers...
    Semper Fi