America is a Christian Nation - Page 2
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree519Likes

America is a Christian Nation

This is a discussion on America is a Christian Nation within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; If this is a "christian nation" and founded as such, why were jews fighting in the Revolutionary War? And by ...

If this is a "christian nation" and founded as such, why were jews fighting in the Revolutionary War? And by the way, kindly remember that Jesus (I hope you realize that is not his real name) was born a jew and his name, most likely, was Joshua,or yoshua; Jesus was the greek name given to him in the transliteration of the bible texts--so kindly remember there would be no "christianity" without a jewish religion in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    If this is a "christian nation" and founded as such, why were jews fighting in the Revolutionary War? And by the way, kindly remember that Jesus (I hope you realize that is not his real name) was born a jew and his name, most likely, was Joshua,or yoshua; Jesus was the greek name given to him in the transliteration of the bible texts--so kindly remember there would be no "christianity" without a jewish religion in the first place.
    The Hebrew people were the chosen ones, the pathway you might say to bring the Messiah into the world so yes Jesus was a Jew. The Old Testament law given to the children of Israel was a foreshadow of the redemption that would be offered to all the world, Jew and Gentile alike through Jesus Christ. So yes, although the majority of the founding fathers were of a Christian faith the proper term is we were founded on Judao/Christian principals.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

A lot of people fought in our Revolutionary War, not all were Christian. It was a war of independence and freedom for all who fought. Your absolutely correct about no Christianity without the Jewish Religion in the first place. Romans 11:11-26
    The World Isn't Falling Apart, It's Falling Into Place

All you need to know to answer this question is contained in the early documents in American history, especially the state constitutions. Interestingly, several states had oaths of office in the first hundred years swearing a Christian allegiance. It is the fact that America started as a Christian nation that we have freedom of religion. You don't see this in other nations with other religions. Just ask what your Christian rights are in Saudi for instance.

If we are arguing today whether America is a Christian nation, I would vote that it is actually much more pagan than Christian at this time. The remnant is the only aspect that keeps the full wrath of God off of this country at this time. Yet even the remnant will one day not be enough to prevent the wrath that is surely to come.

So, yes, we absolutely started as a Christian nation but in just two generations, from my mother to my children, it is now openly in rebellion against godliness.

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

I suggest the "trollers" go visit the musuem at Ellis Island, in New York City.
    You will see just some of the nations, customs, religions that came here.
    Even today people are coming in legally, and illegally from all over the world, who are not of the christian faith.
    In america there are public houses of worship of every kind.
    You are even allowed to worship on your own, in private.
    The natives who were here first had their own religion.
    America is a land of many nations, races, colors, and creeds.
    Just because you say it is true, does not make it so.
    Christian religion has had a major infulence, however it is not the alpha, and the omega, when it comes to the law.
    Show me where it say's America is a Christian Nation.

I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Thank you guys for thoughtful and proper comments and replies on an interesting subject. From a now-closed thread, I was getting to the point where I really wondered what happened to many of you who always had positive comments on a host of gun-related and non-gun-related subjects--this particular thread has proven to be a refreshing air of responsibile and interesting exchange of thoughts and comments.

Debray is offline Chuck White
    Blog Entries

“One Nation Under God with Liberty and Justice for all“
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I suggest the "trollers" go visit the musuem at Ellis Island, in New York City.
    You will see just some of the nations, customs, religions that came here.
    Even today people are coming in legally, and illegally from all over the world, who are not of the christian faith.
    In america there are public houses of worship of every kind.
    You are even allowed to worship on your own, in private.
    The natives who were here first had their own religion.
    America is a land of many nations, races, colors, and creeds.
    Just because you say it is true, does not make it so.
    Christian religion has had a major infulence, however it is not the alpha, and the omega, when it comes to the law.
    Show me where it say's America is a Christian Nation.

I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Are you really as dumb as you act? Have you not read any of the early writings of our founders. Or do you just prefer lies to admitting the truth? Will Rogers said once that "everyone is ignorant only on different subjects. You are obviously ignorant on American History which may be the result of the public school system. What is sad is you have no desire to do anything about your ignorance. I also have to wonder why you see fit to spend so much effort in being a first class jerk. I realize that not everyone is a Christian or ever will be but you sir seem to be on a mission to see just how big an ass you can make out of yourself. I am not sure what causes you tho be the way you are but why do you not just grow up and come off the pity party.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

bigrebnc1861 is offline Banned

The word Christian means to be Christlike. America has stepped away from it's Christian values that it was built upon.
    The year is 1774 the first appointed Congressional chaplain is Jacob Duche
    And in 1789 The House chose William Lynn, a Presbyterian minister from Philadelphia, as its first chaplain, and the Senate picked Samuel Provoost, Episcopal bishop from New York. It wasn't until the mid 1900's that a non Christian was appoint as a Congressional Chaplain.

The constitutionality of the chaplains’ prayers was upheld in 1983 by the Supreme
    Court (Marsh v. Chambers, 463 U.S. 783) on the grounds of precedent and tradition. The
    Court cited the practice going back to the Continental Congress in 1774 and noted that the
    custom “is deeply embedded in the history and tradition of this country” from colonial
    times and the founding of the republic. Further, the Court held that the use of prayer “has
    become part of the fabric of our society,” coexisting with “the principles of
    disestablishment and religious freedom.”

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Are you really as dumb as you act? Have you not read any of the early writings of our founders. Or do you just prefer lies to admitting the truth? Will Rogers said once that "everyone is ignorant only on different subjects. You are obviously ignorant on American History which may be the result of the public school system. What is sad is you have no desire to do anything about your ignorance. I also have to wonder why you see fit to spend so much effort in being a first class jerk. I realize that not everyone is a Christian or ever will be but you sir seem to be on a mission to see just how big an ass you can make out of yourself. I am not sure what causes you tho be the way you are but why do you not just grow up and come off the pity party.
    Preach, Preacher!!

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast