Shockingly true news story from NPR!!!

Shockingly true news story from NPR!!!

This is a discussion on Shockingly true news story from NPR!!! within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; House Republican Leader John Boehner has said that his party will repeal the new health care law if the GOP ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation Shockingly true news story from NPR!!!

House Republican Leader John Boehner has said that his party will repeal the new health care law if the GOP gains a congressional majority in November.
    Boehner: GOP Will Repeal Health Care Law : NPR
    "I think that we need to repeal the health care law and replace it with common-sense steps that will lower the cost of health insurance in America," Boehner (R-OH) tells NPR's Steve Inskeep.

Boehner and the Republicans are hoping for a repeat of 1994, when the GOP swept the midterm elections. He says the party is engaging with the public to develop the agenda it will enact if it secures a majority in November.

The party that controls the White House typically loses House seats during midterm elections, and Democrats are bracing for losses: 37 governorships, 36 Senate seats and the entire 435-member House are at stake.

Boehner says he's optimistic about his party's prospects, citing public anger over spending and debt. He says he believes "at least 100 seats" are in play.

"If [Republican Sen.] Scott Brown can win in Massachusetts, there isn't a seat in America the Republicans can't win," Boehner says. "What we're seeing every day is the playing field widen, widen beyond anything we've seen around here during my 20 years."

But Republicans face criticism that much of their time in the minority has been spent opposing Democratic proposals. Boehner rejects that charge, saying his party offered ideas on the stimulus bill, the budget and health care.

"If you look over the course of the last 16 months, every time we've had to oppose our Democrat colleagues, we've offered what we thought was a better solution," he says.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

mojo Guest

If the republicans/conservatives pull their heads out of their arses they will be able to get it done. This monstrosity should have never been allowed to pass and those liberals like Stupac should be sent a strong message....YOU"RE OUTTA HERE!!!!!! I would imagine that almost everyone can agree that there are things in our health care system that need to be addressed, this bill was not the way to take care of those issues. This was about power, period.

I hope enough voters go to the poles and vote conservatives into office. The more progressives/liberals fired the better. Party affiliation doesn't matter.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I hope enough voters go to the poles and vote conservatives into office. The more progressives/liberals fired the better. Party affiliation doesn't matter.
    I have hope because some of my liberal friends are really ticked off at their liberal leaders. The rest are too pig headed to change their minds.

GOD IS ALIVE AND VERY ACTIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I hope enough voters go to the poles and vote conservatives into office. The more progressives/liberals fired the better. "Party affiliation doesn't matter."
    You hit the nail on the head with the last part of your statement.
    Doesn't matter if they have a D or a R behind their name, a politician is a politition is a polititian.

handgonnetoter Guest

MAYBE with the loss my party suffered in 06' and 08', they will get back to some sort of conservative values. Regan might have had some problems, but I sure as hell miss his way of running the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    MAYBE with the loss my party suffered in 06' and 08', they will get back to some sort of conservative values. Regan might have had some problems, but I sure as hell miss his way of running the White House.
    The '10 election, and probably the '12 as well, will be good years for Republicans. Unfortunately, the only way to keep the people from losing again is to take party control away from the established party 'hacks' and choose candidates who support Constitutional values.

I honestly don't see that happening, so I believe the situation in our nation will continue to deteriorate -- a bit more slowly if the Republicans are in control or at the current breakneck pace if the Democrats keep power.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

They will need enough votes to override a presidential veto and they will need to put forth a better plan that is nowhere near as confusing to read as that 2400 page monstrosity.
    There will also be twice as many accusations as usual against the Republican party trying to take away "your" healthcare, but this time, they really will be doing it!