GOP wins Congressional seat from Obama's "*birth*" district in Hawaii - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GOP wins Congressional seat from Obama's "*birth*" district in Hawaii

This is a discussion on GOP wins Congressional seat from Obama's "*birth*" district in Hawaii within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Charles Cooper As of May 15, the number of likely voters who want Democrats to control Congress ...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    As of May 15, the number of likely voters who want Democrats to control Congress after this fall's election is 5% to 6% more than the number of those who want Republicans to control Congress.

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK..._POLITICAL.pdf
    Maybe you should look at some of the more independent polls. Such as:

Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports

http://www.democracycorps.com/wp-con...10fq4.web_.pdf

Generic Ballot for Congress

Republicans still lead and it seems to be demonstrated at each election that has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    As of May 15, the number of likely voters who want Democrats to control Congress after this fall's election is 5% to 6% more than the number of those who want Republicans to control Congress.

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK..._POLITICAL.pdf
    I guess that just goes to show you can't fix stupid.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    lovin' it... keep on rollin'!
    Scarecrow, your comment immediately brought to mind the song Rawhide: "Rolling, rolling, keep them doggies rolling, rawhide." Yeehaw. We're all gonna round those PROGRESSIVE congressmen/women up and put 'em out to pasture.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    This one is a bitter sweet win. Unfortunately his term will only be until the Nov election. Djou won the seat in a heavily Dem area because two Dem's ran against him. He won with 39% of the vote. The two dems split the rest. If he had only run against one he probably would have lost. I hope he can make a name for himself before the Nov election unfortunately time is going to be against him.
    It all depends on which one ran against him. The 2nd place finisher "Hanabusa" was said to be the underdog and party leaders on the national level were encouraging her to drop out. Had it been a Djou vs. Hanabusa, it would have been a fairly close race. The local union leaders did some pretty questionable stuff so their membership base would be able to cast their vote for "their" candidate.

OTOH, if it was Case vs. Djou, I firmly believe that Djou would have still won, due to the lack of union endorsement, as well as endorsement from Sen. Inouye and our senile senator, Sen. Akaka.

I'm glad that Djou won, as our mayor "Gufi" Hanneman stated "Come November it will be Representative Djou running for office. There's still a lot of work to be done. I hope he can hold on to the seat come November.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12