Veterans Disarmament Act is coming true - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Veterans Disarmament Act is coming true

This is a discussion on Veterans Disarmament Act is coming true within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; I cooled down and removed my post....

I cooled down and removed my post.
    Last edited by Red Hat; 02-24-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Bohemian.......

Sir, everyone has their own opinion on everything, as it should be. Just consider this..........

I want no more firearms laws, and would prefer that most current laws be repealed. Having said that (honestly), in the weeks after the WVa shootings, public opinion, and the media's knee-jerk reaction to those shootings, could have resulted in legislation that would have decimated the 2nd Amendment. I don't care who does the reacting, but any thoughtless, knee-jerk diatribe on any subject is usually mis-informed, mis-directed, and mis-understood. It's my opinion that had the NRA NOT stepped up and contributed to HR 2640, things could have been much worse. I hate to see anyone's 2n Amendment rights diminished, but I don't want mentally deficient, or legally adjudicated mental patients, running around with firearms. Do you?

I'm very close to this issue, as I AM a combat vet, I DO have PTSD, but I HAVE read ALL of the legislation, and I'm not concerned about it.
    Last edited by Jay; 02-24-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Thank you Jay for your post. It's exactly how I feel about this Act now. Actually it is beneficial to some that have lost their 2A rights and will restore them. Before this Act they had no recourse to restore their rights. Being a NRA Life Member for over 30 years I knew in the back of my mind that they were not going to compromise my rights. This whole thing was started when GOA renamed it the "Veterans Disarmament Act" and everyone blindly took up the cause. I have to admit that I was stooped also. I will from now on question and research anything that the GOA puts out. To me it seems they were trying a power grab for NRA members. I recommend that anything that the GOA publishes be throughly researched before posting as truth.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Bohemian.......

Sir, everyone has their own opinion on everything, as it should be. Just consider this..........

I want no more firearms laws, and would prefer that most current laws be repealed. Having said that (honestly), in the weeks after the WVa shootings, public opinion, and the media's knee-jerk reaction to those shootings, could have resulted in legislation that would have decimated the 2nd Amendment. I don't care who does the reacting, but any thoughtless, knee-jerk diatribe on any subject is usually mis-informed, mis-directed, and mis-understood. It's my opinion that had the NRA NOT stepped up and contributed to HR 2640, things could have been much worse. I hate to see anyone's 2n Amendment rights diminished, but I don't want mentally deficient, or legally adjudicated mental patients, running around with firearms. Do you?

I'm very close to this issue, as I AM a combat vet, I DO have PTSD, but I HAVE read ALL of the legislation, and I'm not concerned about it.

I too am a multi-tour, multi-decade combat vet and a fellow marine and you and the rest of us whom value our second amendment rights should also be worried about this abysmal piece of legislation and how it came to be law...

Q&A On The Veterans Disarmament Act
    -- How the new law will affect you and where we go from here:

http://www.gunowners.org/a010808.htm

best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I too am a multi-tour, multi-decade combat vet and a fellow marine and you and the rest of us whom value our second amendment rights should also be worried about this abysmal piece of legislation and how it came to be law...

Q&A On The Veterans Disarmament Act
    -- How the new law will affect you and where we go from here:

best regards.
    I'm a 22 year Air Force retiree and 100% VA disabled with a R-1 rating. I'm the local DAV Chapter Commander and I'm the Chapter Service Officer. I deal with Veterans with all kinds of problems every day. The reason I started this thread was because I believed what the GOA had put out and I care about what Vets have to go through. GOA had me totally negative about this Act. I've since come to realize that the GOA lied about what this bill was about. Please research it yourself and don't rely on the GOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I'm a 22 year Air Force retiree and 100% VA disabled with a R-1 rating. I'm the local DAV Chapter Commander and I'm the Chapter Service Officer. I deal with Veterans with all kinds of problems every day. The reason I started this thread was because I believed what the GOA had put out and I care about what Vets have to go through. GOA had me totally negative about this Act. I've since come to realize that the GOA lied about what this bill was about. Please research it yourself and don't rely on the GOA.

Respectfully, the GOA lied about nothing...

Please provide chapter and verse of one single thing the GOA lied about...

I am a life time member of the NRA as well and I am not happy with how they handled this one at all!

All of the GOA's concerns are legitimate...

The GOA is on our side...

And they (and their attorneys) understand a Second Amendment Infringement when they see it...

The GOA was not alone in this assessment, and this bloody abomination known as the veterans disarmament act; was passed in both the house and senate without a recorded vote!

http://www.gunowners.org/netb.htm

That's easy! Take the GOA brief on their so called The Veterans Disarmament Act and try to find anything that they said was in the ACT. Find anywhere that says that PTSD was a disqualifier. You can't and the only way they could was to make it up. That I call a Lie or if that is too harsh lets say self-gratifying misinformation..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123