Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations

This is a discussion on Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations By Eric Zimmermann - 06/23/10 12:48 PM ET Pelosi asks ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations

By Eric Zimmermann - 06/23/10 12:48 PM ET
    Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is asking supporters for contributions to help prevent the "subpoenas and investigations" that would result from a GOP majority.

In a fundraising letter for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Pelosi says if Republicans take back the House, they'll initiate "endless investigations against President Obama" and "bring back the days of Ken Starr and the politics of personal destruction."

"Remember a Republican-controlled Congress that devoted more time to subpoenas and investigations than to solving our country's problems?" Pelosi asks. "There is far too much at stake for our country now to allow it to happen again."

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the ranking member of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, has shown himself willing and eager to be a thorn in the side of the Obama administration on everything from the BP oil spill to the Joe Sestak job offer. Few doubt that he would use a chairmanship to ramp up those efforts.

Seizing on Pelosi's letter, Issa said Pelosi was effectively seeking "immunity" for the Obama administration.

"Obviously, Speaker Pelosi believes that a Democratic Congress should give this administration immunity from legitimate questions and appropriate accountability," Issa said. "Her statements are indicative of the desperate state her Majority is in and if the best case she can make is to caution the American people against the dangers of conducting legitimate and vigorous oversight, she is welcome to make that case."
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I would donate money to send her on a one way trip to the moon.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I would donate money to send her on a one way trip to the moon.
    +1 Where can I send MY check, HK?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

How much does her swanky new pad cost? I don't think she needs anyone else's money to insulate her from the consequences of her actions. She's already got more than enough.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

The most transparent and highest integrity Congress in History . . . indeed.

Ektarr says: "Love isn't what you say...'Love' is what you do!"

. . . this also applies to other things.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

wolfhunter Guest

It seems she KNOWS she needs to be hiding something.

mojo Guest

I pray everyday that these people are exposed for exactly what they are!!!!!!!!! the worst kind of criminals.

Criminals, how could you say such a thing. These people are pure as the wind driven snow. Just ask them. They only care about the well being of the little people. Don't they?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation That's BP...Jeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Criminals, how could you say such a thing. These people are pure as the wind driven snow. Just ask them. They only care about the well being of the little people. Don't they?
    BP cares about the little people...before the big yacht race...bet it went faster on a greased hull...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

twogunwilly is offline American

I'm sure the investigations will reveal constant donkey punching among all the liberal/progressives that's why they think and act the way they do!
    (don't google-fu that if your offend-able)