NEWMAX SAYS JEB BUSH GREATEST THREATto OBAMA IN 2012
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NEWMAX SAYS JEB BUSH GREATEST THREATto OBAMA IN 2012

This is a discussion on NEWMAX SAYS JEB BUSH GREATEST THREATto OBAMA IN 2012 within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; 1. Strategist: Jeb Bush Biggest Threat to Obama in 2012 http://news.newsmax.com/?ZKCRaxn77OH...6tuX16QbzbJU1Z Leading Democratic strategist Simon Rosenberg remains confident about President ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation NEWMAX SAYS JEB BUSH GREATEST THREATto OBAMA IN 2012

1. Strategist: Jeb Bush Biggest Threat to Obama in 2012
    http://news.newsmax.com/?ZKCRaxn77OH...6tuX16QbzbJU1Z
    Leading Democratic strategist Simon Rosenberg remains confident about President Barack Obama’s chances for re-election in 2012, but admits there is one potential Republican candidate who scares him: former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

Sinking poll numbers and policy setbacks “have done little to dissuade” the rosy predictions of Rosenberg, who has said Obama’s election gave Democrats a chance for a 30-to-40-year era of dominance, Sam Stein notes on the Huffington Post website, adding, “There’s only one thing that makes Rosenberg nervous: another Bush.”

At a recent lunch at the headquarters of the New Democrat Network, a non-profit group founded by Rosenberg, the former Bill Clinton adviser said, "Jeb is married to a Latina, is fluent in Spanish, speaks on Univision as a commentator — his Spanish is that good.

"And if you look at the electoral map in 2012, you have to assume that Obama is going to have a very hard time in holding North Carolina and Virginia. The industrial Midwest, where the auto decline has been huge, has weakened Obama's numbers . . . a great deal. So Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Wisconsin become a bit more wobbly.

“So if you're Barack Obama, the firewall is the Latin belt from Florida to southwestern California. And there is only one Republican who can break through that firewall. And it is Jeb."

Following the George W. Bush presidency, the vast majority of voters yearn for someone other than a Bush, said Democratic strategist Donna Brazille. But she acknowledged: “Jeb has the talent, the experience, and the ability to rebuild the GOP’s tent.”

And longtime Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg told Stein: "I believe Jeb Bush could run. He is more of a genuine conservative than [Mitt] Romney. Bush is a big hangover, but not impossible."

Bush was elected governor in 1998 and served two terms during a period of great economic growth in Florida, keeping taxes low and holding down spending. He won high praise for handling natural disasters — six major hurricanes struck Florida’s coastlines during his tenure — and he also spearheaded reforms that have led to improvements in the state’s education system.

Today, Bush is in private business and works with several charities and foundations. But he has not kept out of the public eye, becoming a vocal critic of the Obama administration. He told Newsmax in an exclusive interview that the administration is charting a “dangerous course” as it pushes for a dramatic expansion of government that “imperils our future.”

Longtime Republican consultant John Feehery told Stein: “I think that Bushism is still alive. There is, however, an anti-Bushism in the party associated with the Rand Paul crowd. They don't like neocons and government. And Sarah Palin could be seen as part of that group.

“What people like about Jeb Bush is that he is smart and conservative and well-liked by the base . . . If there is going to be a Bush revival, Jeb is going to be the leader of that revival.”
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

IMHO we sure don't need another Clinton, Bush or Kennedy to run for any office. The Founding Fathers did not establish a dynasty or Kingdom.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    IMHO we sure don't need another Clinton, Bush or Kennedy to run for any office. The Founding Fathers did not establish a dynasty or Kingdom.
    Political dynasties breed corruption, greed, and graft.
    The longs of Louisiana, King Daley I, and Daley II of Chicgoland come to mind.
    Enough of this crap.

Just say NO.

Why throw him out in-judiciously? Let's look at his record, not his name. Logical, right?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Why throw him out in-judiciously? Let's look at his record, not his name. Logical, right?
    I respect Jeb. His record is one that I would be hard pressed to find much fault with. It worries me when the voters tend to look more at the families of "professional" political families then at those that don't quite fit in with the elitists. Lets see if we can find someone to run that has the ability to govern and the yet "no" desire to do so except the desire to serve for 8 years. Got to love Washington, he went back to the FARM.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Cool Well......

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Using the same logic, the American born brother of Osama bin Laden should qualify for the same consideration, but I don't realistically see that happening.

I realize that Jeb is his own man, but for me, two Bush's in the same family have been two too many.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

mojo Guest

I'm not sure the country is going to respond that positivly to a Bush this soon; personally I was thinking a little bit further out when Jebs son is ready!!!
    At this point I dont think it is a matter of wether he is qualified or not, it's just the name in the here and now and the MSM would make that "the issue" and I think be succesful in crippling him on the name alone.

there has been either a bush or a clinton in the white house for the past what, almost 30 years? might be something to that. the white house is not a thrown to pass down... for now at least.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I'm not sure the country is going to respond that positivly to a Bush this soon; personally I was thinking a little bit further out when Jebs son is ready!!!
    At this point I dont think it is a matter of wether he is qualified or not, it's just the name in the here and now and the MSM would make that "the issue" and I think be succesful in crippling him on the name alone.
    At this point, his treatment by the MSM might be my only reason to not consider him. Here's the twisted logic (Man, I love politics...not): If the MSM is painting the picture that B. Hussein is scared of him, that prompts the call for Jeb to run, and the MSM then skewers him, based on his name alone, just like some are already doing, and the Demonrats stay in power. The reality here is the we must consider the MSM as a political arm of the Dem Party.

Other than that, I don't care about dynasties, I care about who the best person would be to champion this country back to the Constitutional Republic it was meant to be. I'm not saying it's Jeb, but throwing someone out of consideration because of their family name, seems rather short-sighted to me.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I'll never vote for another Bush, unless there is no other option (i.e. to keep someone like Obama out). I see them as I did McCain, the worse choice of last election's Republican field.

After spending so many decades watching my former once proud state of California get invaded by foreign nationals from south of the border, I detest the Bush family's coddling of illegals and their open border philosophy. Jeb feels the same way as George did, makes him a poor choice in my book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast