Michael Moore at Occupy Denver
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Michael Moore at Occupy Denver

This is a discussion on Michael Moore at Occupy Denver within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; I heard Michael Moore on the Rachel Maddow Show today say that he told the crowd at Occupy Denver that ...

Default Michael Moore at Occupy Denver

I heard Michael Moore on the Rachel Maddow Show today say that he told the crowd at Occupy Denver that if they see anyone committing violence that they should assume that those committing such violence are either undercover cops or Homeland Security people. Maddow added that those in charge are always inciting violence to justify counter actions. Yeh, right.
    Charlie

Sounds about normal for these folks. However, you made a couple of mistakes. One, you watched the show; second, you listened to Michael Moore. All of you should know better than to make these kind of mistakes!

I wonder if the "99%" realize moore is filthy stinking capitalist rich. Same as every other celebrity supporting the movement. Presidential wave from the back of a blacked out limo.

Can you explain, What this occupy is all about. Why are they Camping out? What are the reasons they are doing this? I apolojize for getting off the Subject a little,

But just a little curious.

There is no uniform goal of occupy. Signs that I see have to deal with capitalism being bad and that the wealth should be shared.

So far, they have only made 1 demand. For their student loans to be forgiven. Who is surprised at that? And who is surprised if Obama actually tries to do just that, with an end around on congress? Anything to get votes and stay in power.

For the "students", a lot of it is the realization that the old "Get a college education and the world and life is just a bowl of cherries thereafter" standard line is only true if you "position" yourself with an educational set of credentials that are in demand. Degrees in "Women's Studies", "Art Appreciation", (and my fave! LOL!) "Sports Management" are not particularly useful in our high tech society.

Strange thing, though, the courses that just might get you a decent job, even in these times, are under populated with students. Why is that? Because they are HARD! (They don't refer to some of them as the "Hard Sciences" for nothing you know.)

So while we have a great shortage of Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, Mathameticians, Physicists, Chemists (... and the salaries keep going up to "draw attention" to the career fields), there is a plethora of Lawyers and "Teachers" and "Social Studies" majors.

Now I wonder which "career fields" are an easier course of study?

Then, of course, there is the realization that they have "borrowed money" to the extreme to "ready" themselves for those big bucks jobs (as "promised"), and have discovered a bit too late that they have "readied" themselves for nothing. In particular big buck jobs.

..... and it's not "FAY-AIRE"! No it isn't, nor is life. Nobody ever told you that? Astonishing! Best one can do is to play the cards that you are dealt the best you can. Most of us can't stack the deck and the best way to screw up your life is to tell the Gods your plans. LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:240969
    For the "students", a lot of it is the realization that the old "Get a college education and the world and life is just a bowl of cherries thereafter" standard line is only true if you "position" yourself with an educational set of credentials that are in demand. Degrees in "Women's Studies", "Art Appreciation", (and my fave! LOL!) "Sports Management" are not particularly useful in our high tech society.

Strange thing, though, the courses that just might get you a decent job, even in these times, are under populated with students. Why is that? Because they are HARD! (They don't refer to some of them as the "Hard Sciences" for nothing you know.)

So while we have a great shortage of Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, Mathameticians, Physicists, Chemists (... and the salaries keep going up to "draw attention" to the career fields), there is a plethora of Lawyers and "Teachers" and "Social Studies" majors.

Now I wonder which "career fields" are an easier course of study?

Then, of course, there is the realization that they have "borrowed money" to the extreme to "ready" themselves for those big bucks jobs (as "promised"), and have discovered a bit too late that they have "readied" themselves for nothing. In particular big buck jobs.

..... and it's not "FAY-AIRE"! No it isn't, nor is life. Nobody ever told you that? Astonishing! Best one can do is to play the cards that you are dealt the best you can. Ya can't stack the deck and the best way to screw up your life is to tell the God's your plans. LOL!

GG
    Im a political science major with a minor in early American history. I chose this field knowing it has poor future employment opportunity. Its a love of subject type deal for me and I WILL pay back all my loans. After all, I signed a contract to receive something at a price I agreed to, just as all the ows folks did. They weren't tricked, just didn't read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Im a political science major with a minor in early American history. I chose this field knowing it has poor future employment opportunity. Its a love of subject type deal for me and I WILL pay back all my loans. After all, I signed a contract to receive something at a price I agreed to, just as all the ows folks did. They weren't tricked, just didn't read the fine print.
    Non of this matters. These poor students were screwed by the rich capitalist republicans. But not to worry the all caring democrats are here to take care of you. Those greedy rich capitalist will pay.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    .... and that is the "choice" you deliberately took. You also have noted the pros and cons of that choice. I see nothing wrong with your determination. Except to note that one of those "choices" that has to be made early on is to determine if one is going to study to become knowledgeable in something one LIKES or something that might earn them enough money to indulge in "other interests" as an aside. Many don't take that into consideration.

I hope your convictions pay off for you. I do note that you have the "honor" to pay off your loans, and the determination. I suspect you will be least likely to turn into a whiner as time goes by. It's called "Chutzpah"! (An exagerated way of saying maturity and guts.)

I like that in a fellow human!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast