DC Door to Door Searches
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DC Door to Door Searches

This is a discussion on DC Door to Door Searches within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; http://www.nbc4.com/news/15688264/detail.html WASHINGTON -- A crackdown on guns is under way in the District. Police are asking residents to submit to ...

Default DC Door to Door Searches

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15688264/detail.html

WASHINGTON -- A crackdown on guns is under way in the District. Police are asking residents to submit to voluntary searches in exchange for amnesty under the District's gun ban.

The program is starting in the Washington Highlands neighborhood of southeast Washington on Monday and will later expand to other neighborhoods.

Officers will go door to door asking residents for permission to search their homes.

Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said the "safe homes initiative" is aimed at residents who want to cooperate with police. She gave the example of parents or grandparents who know or suspect their children have guns in the home.

If weapons are recovered, they will be tested and destroyed if they are not found to be linked to any other crimes

Go to the link and watch the broadcast, and read the comments.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Yeah, but the big question is "do you get a nice new pair of Nikes if they find something".

This is disturbing. I guess they are afraid they are going to loose the supreme court case and are doing everything they can now to get all guns off the street. My question is, the article says the guns will be destroyed if they have ever been linked to crimes, what are they going to do with all the rest of the guns they confiscate?
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Default guns

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    This is disturbing. I guess they are afraid they are going to loose the supreme court case and are doing everything they can now to get all guns off the street. My question is, the article says the guns will be destroyed if they have ever been linked to crimes, what are they going to do with all the rest of the guns they confiscate?

I am sure some of the better ones will end up in the chief or some local buracrats collection.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

land of the free, home of the brave.... sounding less and less free to me.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

And if you say no thanks do they then have gorunds to go and get a warrant? Or do they just pull you over everytime they see you and check your license and registration? I think someone should be challenging this as an illegal search it doesn't sound right to me. Of course they get around that by saying it was voluntary, yeah right!
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Default Gun search

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    And if you say no thanks do they then have gorunds to go and get a warrant? Or do they just pull you over everytime they see you and check your license and registration? I think someone should be challenging this as an illegal search it doesn't sound right to me. Of course they get around that by saying it was voluntary, yeah right!

The following article is several years old and is about what happened in New Orleans but I think it is approate here.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...nfiscation.htm
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

xd.40 is offline XD.40

I was watching Fox 5 (in the DC area) the other night and they were talking about this. The ACLU is actually urging residents to not let the police in! This totally confuses me! Are they for gun rights, or against them?

This disgusting turn of events in D C, reeks of communism. We are losing our civil liberities. Once a nation of the free, we are heading toward a nation of oppression.
    An armed society is a polite society.

"Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said the "safe homes initiative" is aimed at residents who want to cooperate with police. She gave the example of parents or grandparents who know or suspect their children have guns in the home."

Ok two issues with this statement.

1. "Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said the "safe homes initiative"..." Hate to tell them but my house and its occupants are safe BECAUSE I DO have a gun in the house.

2. "parents or grandparents who know or suspect their children have guns in the home." Shouldn't the parents/grandparents be taking care of this? Guess that's the bigger issue, police are raising the kids and not the parents! I would have had my butt handed to me after a good beating if I had ever brought an illegal gun into the house. No cops needed there.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast