Ron Paul put his foot in his mouth, again, last night. - Page 15
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Ron Paul put his foot in his mouth, again, last night.

This is a discussion on Ron Paul put his foot in his mouth, again, last night. within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by billt If you're going to quote me, do it in context. Answer the entire question I asked ...

bigrebnc1861 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    If you're going to quote me, do it in context. Answer the entire question I asked you before you chopped it up in some half baked attempt support your foolish point of few. Forget Rush Limbaugh, try applying common sense. That appears to be a commodity in very short supply when discussing Iran with Ron Paul junkies.

If Muslim terrorists do not hesitate to strap explosives on to their bodies, go into a building, or get on a bus and blow themselves up in order to kill you, why would you think if they got their hands on a nuclear weapon, they wouldn't use it?

Ron Paul says it is because, "it is not in their best interest". If that is the case, please explain to me how blowing themselves up is in their best interest?
    I quoted you and it was in context. Common sense is something you don't have if you can support Romney yet not support obama.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    If Muslim terrorists do not hesitate to strap explosives on to their bodies, go into a building, or get on a bus and blow themselves up in order to kill you, why would you think if they got their hands on a nuclear weapon, they wouldn't use it?

Ron Paul says it is because, "it is not in their best interest". If that is the case, please explain to me how blowing themselves up is in their best interest?
    You're talking about two different acts, and inferring erroneously that one follows the other. Iran as a government knows it is not in their best interest. Iran's individual citizens do not have access to nuclear material. Did you read the material I presented? If not, then you won't view this material either.
    Rick Steves message is that the Iranian people are just like you and me. They put their pants on one leg at a time; send their children off to school with a hug and a kiss, and generally want a prosperous and happy life. The government is to blame for all the evils in the world; they generate the propaganda; they start senseless wars; they seek to make themselves all powerful at your expense. Why don't you address your energy towards improving things? The more you argue against Ron Paul's message, the less your argument makes sense. I put one point in bold for it pertains to Romney. Money is power, and good ole' windsock Romney will continue to milk the poor and defenseless to advance his wealth. He is as corrupt as Gingrich or Obama. Ron Paul is incorruptible!
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by ccolli0326 View Post
    It isn't our job to baby sit the world. Let the rest of the world do what they do and let's worry about restoring our country. Pull our CIA out of these countries and stop these covert wars we are waging and then no one will have a reason to be angry with us.
    Not even remotely true, though I really wish it was that simple. If you keep track of world events you'll find people in countries that hate us even though we've had absolutely no involvement with them. You'll also find the extremists regularly attacking countries that do not have the CIA and that are not involved with their home countries. If you really think our isolation would cause them to start liking us, you're living in a dream world. Their hatred is based on ideology, and where we are or are not physically does not change ideology.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    You convinced enough to quote a post but have it link to another post that wasn't even made to you? Got it.
    You've never seen two posts quoted at the same time before I guess, even when the text of both of them was right in front of you. Got it.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You've never seen two posts quoted at the same time before I guess, even when the text of both of them was right in front of you. Got it.
    DO NOT QUOTE A DAMN POST OF MINE AS IF I POSTED THE WHOLE DAMN REPLY TOO YOU. You appear dishonest when you do it.

DO NOT QUOTE A DAMN POST OF MINE AS IF I POSTED THE WHOLE DAMN REPLY TOO YOU. You appear dishonest when you do it.
    That is pure BS and illogical.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    That is pure BS and illogical.
    I don't give a **** WHAT YOU THINK DO NOT DO IT ANY Fing more.

Unlike Chicken Hawks and Draft Dodgers, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Jon Huntsman...

Ron Paul actually served in the military and is a Vietnam Veteran...

...It doesn’t take a doctorate in foreign relations to understand that U.S. policy has forged a tangled mess of contradictory alliances and obligations, and created a much more dangerous world. I’ve gradually come to accept that military intervention in foreign affairs typically causes more damage than good and that the whole concept rests on morally dubious grounds. Who am I to point a gun at another man’s head and demand he practice “democracy”?

During the 2008 presidential campaign, I bought into the conventional wisdom on Ron Paul. He was pretty good on domestic policy, but a “nut-job” when it comes to foreign policy. But as I’ve really listened to what he says, as opposed to the media spin, and studied the world I live in today, I find he makes much more sense. Do I agree with him 100 percent? No. But I can no longer simply discount his foreign policy as quackery.

I hear this mantra all the time today. “I like that Ron Paul feller, except for his foreign policy.” I’m not even sure many who say that really understand his foreign policy positions. In fact, they line up pretty closely with stated positions of another president revered by most Americans – George Washington.

Read The Rest At:
    “I love George Washington. Except for his Foreign Policy.” – Tenth Amendment Center

Have A Problem With Ron Paul's Foreign Policy? ...
    Ron Paul's Foreign Policy Views Explained in 13 Minutes:

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I don't give a **** WHAT YOU THINK DO NOT DO IT ANY Fing more.
    ... pilii iiliq
    Charlie

I'm not sure who peed in your corn flakes but if you care to go back and read post 123 you'll see that you indeed quoted only my post and responded to only my post, so yes, the whole reply was to me.

But we're getting off track here. This thread isn't supposed to be about you and me, or anyone else here for that matter. It's supposed to be about the presidential election, specifically Ron Paul if we stick with what was originally posted. I have no interest in a personal battle with you and I couldn't care less what you think of me. You can blather away all you want. My commentary was mainly on the behavior of some of Paul's followers, and you were simply an example. The only thing directed at you personally was to call you on the ridiculous assertions you were making about the candidates being the same, the illogical nature of such comments you apparently refuse to acknowledge out of some misguided sense of stubborness, which just makes them look even more ridiculous. You seem incapable of seeing how negatively that reflects on you, and by extension, Mr. Paul, and that's the blind, illogical Don Quixote attitude of many of his followers that baffles myself and many others. You merely provided the perfect example, and judging by these most recent posts you are apparently fully prepared to continue doing so.

I have nothing against Mr. Paul. As I stated earlier, he is very right on a great many topics and I very much understand the attraction to him. He has also brought many topics to the forefront of debate that desperately needed to be addressed, and I think he deserves acolades for that if for nothing else. I may not think he is the right man for the job but I harbor no ill feelings toward the man, certainly none that would justify some of the vile attacks I have witnessed from his followers in discussions like this. If you truly want to help Ron Paul, you need to learn to either curb your tongue or shut your mouth, because you, and many others like you, do nothing but turn other people off to him with behavior like this. This may seem like a personal thing to you but this is very much public. More than 400 people have read this thread in the three days since I last talked about it being viewed by people. That's one heckuva lot more people than are posting here, so you are making a public impression and you are representing your candidate. You aren't making a good impression by attacking others who couldn't care less what you think of them, especially when you attack with totally illogical arguments. You can help your candidate or hurt him. It's your choice. It doesn't really matter to me. All your attacks do to me is make me laugh. Make a better choice.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast