Why Clinton and Obama have ducked the gun control issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Clinton and Obama have ducked the gun control issue

This is a discussion on Why Clinton and Obama have ducked the gun control issue within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; I personally feel they realize voicing an opinion in favor of gun control is not in their best political interest. ...

Default Why Clinton and Obama have ducked the gun control issue

I personally feel they realize voicing an opinion in favor of gun control is not in their best political interest. Notice I said voicing. I think if either manage to get elected they will do whatever they can to bring the amount of gun control to levels unseen before in this nation.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/31563.html
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Kind of like the old wolf in sheep's clothing, if elected to office the sheep skin comes off and the teeth gets bared, and they will try to rip the 2nd amendment out of existence.
    An armed society is a polite society.

1+

Note the quote on my post seems to fit.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

I think you are right. They are keeping a low profile on this issue right now. Just wait tell after they are elected and see what they do.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

agreed.. that's what scares me. I've seen video where clinton said "I don't want your guns". but don't believe her for a second. what is said and what is done are 2 different things. politics is legalized lying. the government has too much power... what happened to by the people and for the people?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

What we need is someone to start asking tough questions! Once the two candidates are selected and they have their debates, the 2nd amendment/gun control should be one of the first questions asked.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Not to worry, no member of the liberal press will ask that question. They want to disarm us as bad as any other liberal.They will not let a defenderof the RKBA ask a question like that, the truth about them may come out.

I agree.

I expect no serious debate on this issue from ANY candidate! Even if they did they will say and do anything to get elected. They know all they have to do is talk the talk NO ONE actually WALKS the WALK to put it another way.

I still feel burned by someones speach a few years back, " Read my lips no new taxes!" Oh yeah that was great! You know we should be able to impeach them for lying when they do ***** like that!

That is precisely the reason they will duck, dodge, recant, mis-speak etc. In other words lie like a dog to get elected. They have no one to punish them when the do. You would think they should at least get dinged for commiting purgery. Nope! A free pass that's what they get.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

I gotta say, although it grieves me to say it, that McCain's not a hellova lot better. He's already talking about forming some sort of International consortium: "...we must also lead by attracting others to our cause, by demonstrating once again the virtues of freedom and democracy, by defending the rules of international civilized society and by creating the new international institutions necessary to advance the peace and freedoms we cherish."

Has he not been paying attention to the enormous successes of the United Nations and the World Peace they've wrought? [/sarcasm]

He also said, “I believe we should close Guantanamo and work with our allies to forge a new international understanding on the disposition of dangerous detainees under our control”, although it's pretty much accepted that closing Gitmo and bringing the detainees into this country immedialtely gives them Rights under the Constitution and access to our court system...which, of course, has demonstrated its own ability to keep us safe from harm. And, P.S.: who says we want ANYONE from the "International community" telling us what to do in this country?? Doesn't American Soveriegnty mean anything anymore? We shouldn't be letting them tell us what we need to change...we should be the beacon that shines to show them what they're doing wrong and how to do it right!

While he pays lip-service to the 2nd Amendment, I don't have confidence that his integrity of conviction will keep him from caving under Liberal pressure. After all, he says he wants to "reach across the aisle" to effect compromise. That sort of compromise can be described as "Let's compromise...you give up what you want."

It may be that in November, while I wouldn't vote for a Democrat, I might also not be able to bring myself to cast a vote for the "Republicen", either.
    Last edited by Ektarr; 03-29-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Well said Ektarr. We are having to work with the lesser of evils this time.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast