The White side of the story of African Americans - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree144Likes

The White side of the story of African Americans

This is a discussion on The White side of the story of African Americans within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Alduane: Hold on. I was around when the ERA was passed. It passed because of Republicans holding the Dems' feet ...

Alduane:

Hold on. I was around when the ERA was passed. It passed because of Republicans holding the Dems' feet to the fire. It would not have passed without Republicans. You can't change history no matter how many times you misrepresent it.
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Alduane:

Hold on. I was around when the ERA was passed. It passed because of Republicans holding the Dems' feet to the fire. It would not have passed without Republicans. You can't change history no matter how many times you misrepresent it.
    Sorry Jim, you can change history. All it takes is control by a special interest group (NEA) teaching our youth their version of history over and over without question. Next thing you know history has been made politically correct and the truth be damned.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Spanish Trail is offline Spanish Trail
    Blog Entries

The only thing I don't like about Buchanan's letter to President Obama is the disclaimer at the end that he's "not a racist." We shouldn't have to qualify truth. Buchanan's numbers regarding crime are accurate but only a snapshot of the whole story which includes the incredible race disproportion in prisons - the cost to law abiding taxpayers, and the never-ending campaigns to throw more money and giveaways from the rest of the races onto one race which clearly has failed, decade after decade. Be released from white guilt. If you haven't harmed a person in the name of race you're good to go - speak the whole truth and often and stop qualifying truth with disclaimers. Super-sensitivity is a phenomenon of political correctness and mitigates the effect of straight truth. White Guilt is just another manipulative tool used by some for power and money - and it's been very effective.
    Last edited by Spanish Trail; 03-05-2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: sp

cmhbob is offline Sig fault.

Spanish Trail, the bit at the end was not from Buchanan. His words end at "40 trillion tax dollars ago." I posted the link to his original post. The OP is not the full text.

I wish when people post emails like this, they'd use the "Quote" function, but for many people, the editing functions and icons don't appear.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Blog Entries

Hi G-Gunny; One thing I've learned over the years is unwilling minds make many excuses. All my best.

Spanish Trail is offline Spanish Trail
    Blog Entries

My bad, hadn't had my coffee yet, thanks.

I caught the show "Who do you think you are" last week with Reba McIntire and her search for her family tree. I thought it was interesting that she was first upset that one of her g-g-g-g-grandfathers owned slaves then became even more upset when she learned that his grandfather had come to America as an indentured servant at nine-years-old. She wondered how could a parent possibly "sell" his son into indentured servitude. It was a happy ending but it broght out how 300 years ago things that we condemn so much now were absolute necessities back then and not everyone had such wonderful childhoods. Indentured servitude and slavery were a way of life and progress for many people, even many slaves. If you read some of the unbiased history from our early years as a country you find some not so pleasant stories that many people want to bury but will put a different light on such things a slavery, race and Indian tribes. have you ever wondered why some Indian tribes have trouble getting recognized?

A link to the show with Reba. It was quite and interesting show to me at least.

Who Do You Think You Are - NBC Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234