She says that she is 'having so much sex' that she can't afford birth control ?!? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree48Likes

She says that she is 'having so much sex' that she can't afford birth control ?!?

This is a discussion on She says that she is 'having so much sex' that she can't afford birth control ?!? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol Yes, there are womens health reasons for taking the pill. In most of these ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Yes, there are womens health reasons for taking the pill. In most of these cases, insurance covers the cost of the pill (not always). That was not Ms. Sandra Fluke argument, for her the pill was for birth control. Birth control is not a medical condition. Pregnancy is a medical condition, preventing pregnancy is not a medical condition. Getting pregnant is a responsiblity of 2 people, not an insurance plan.
    Fluke’s prepared testimony included details of fellow female students at Georgetown University who’d been denied contraceptive coverage because of the university’s Catholic affiliation. Fluke said that one of her friends experienced complications stemming from ovarian cysts that could have been treated with birth control pills, and doctors were forced to remove her ovary.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    Fluke’s prepared testimony included details of fellow female students at Georgetown University who’d been denied contraceptive coverage because of the university’s Catholic affiliation. Fluke said that one of her friends experienced complications stemming from ovarian cysts that could have been treated with birth control pills, and doctors were forced to remove her ovary.
    I did make mention of the medical reasons for using the pill, and I am all for treating womens medical conditions. We should question Georgetowns coverage for medical reasons. Ms. Fluke`s personal reason for the pill was birth control, not a medical condition, a personal responsibility between 2 people. Hydrocodone helps relieve pain for people with a medical condition. Can I claim entitlement to Hydrocodone to just get high, not a medical condition. If I were a college student could I claim that by not providing free Hydrocodone, it would "impede my academic success"?
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Blog Entries

Remember Rowe vs Wade? This young woman is opening a can of worms. I don't want an ins. co. someday telling my grandchildren that they can only have one child and the feds backing it up with a second or third child will not be allowed education as is the case in some countries. Beware America.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Her parents should have been given free birth control!
    Retroactively?
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234