DOJ Liar in Fast & Furious Investigation Gets Golden Parachute, No Silver Handcuffs
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By BluesStringer
  • 4 Post By SR40c
  • 1 Post By Tucker's Mom
  • 2 Post By fstroupe
  • 1 Post By glocknload

DOJ Liar in Fast & Furious Investigation Gets Golden Parachute, No Silver Handcuffs

This is a discussion on DOJ Liar in Fast & Furious Investigation Gets Golden Parachute, No Silver Handcuffs within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Lie to Congress, walk away unscathed, and become Dean of the University of Baltimore School of Law. Ain't this a ...

Default DOJ Liar in Fast & Furious Investigation Gets Golden Parachute, No Silver Handcuffs

Lie to Congress, walk away unscathed, and become Dean of the University of Baltimore School of Law. Ain't this a great country though? Only in America, only in America....

Official Resigns | Fast and Furious | Virgin Islands | The Daily Caller

U.S. Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich plans to resign his position soon, as two different scandals rage on in which he has provided allegedly misleading information to Congress.

Weich, who has served as Attorney General Eric Holder’s emissary in congressional communications, will become the next dean of the University of Baltimore School of Law in July, according to the National Law Journal.

The DOJ official is the same Holder deputy who falsely told Congress that neither the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives nor any part of the Department of Justice ever allowed illicit firearms to “walk” across the U.S.-Mexico border — even as contrary facts emerged from the investigation into Operation Fast and Furious.

On Feb. 4, 2011, Weich wrote to Congress that the idea that “ATF ‘sanctioned’ or otherwise knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons to a straw purchaser who then transported them into Mexico … is false.”

“ATF makes every effort to interdict weapons that have been purchased illegally and prevent their transportation to Mexico,” Weich added in that letter.

The DOJ has since retracted Weich’s letter but has not held anyone accountable for providing that misinformation to Congress, or for Operation Fast and Furious itself.
    There's a bit more at the link about F&F, but the same Eric Holder knob-polisher is embroiled in another controversy with lying to Congress too, and that is covered at the link also.

I found out about this from an internet acquaintance who runs a blog. I particularly liked his take, so I'm going to reprint it here instead of tweaking it and calling it my "own." I don't know his real name or I'd give him credit, but for the record, this is not my own writing:

The One Percent - New Dean for Baltimore U School of Law

Shout-out to Ronald Weich, new dean for Baltimore U. Law School! Ron Welch will leave the Justice Department in July for the Ivory Towers. Now we know Baltimore Law is even lower than TSA.

Ironically, U. of Baltimore's Pres. Bogomolny comments, "During this time of considerable transition in legal education and the legal profession, it is important to have leadership with integrity and vision. Ron Weich embodies those qualities. I look forward to working with him, and I know our students, faculty, staff and alumni will be energized by his arrival."

President Bogomolny must have attended a seminar to learn how to catch falling Fed.gov excrement while sounding so erudite. Plus, Baltimore U. is definitely getting some serious Obamarama payola to provide a soft landing zone for Ronald's Golden Parachute. I bet that the B. U. Search Committee didn't talk to the family of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry about their new law school dean.

Who was Brian Terry? Brian, a decorated veteran and U.S. Border Patrol agent, was murdered by drug cartel members a year ago. Investigators discovered Terry's murderers were armed with guns purchased in US stores. This didn't surprise the BATF, the federale LEO's tasked with enforcing gun laws. When these guns were sold, concerned gun shop owners contacted the BATF because the buyers were suspicious. BATF knew the buyers were bad but instructed the stores to allow the sales.

Thousands of US guns were sold, then taken across the border into drug cartel service with BATF approval. These facts are known because the gun shop owners' tape-recorded the BATF, documented the approvals, video-tapped the buyers and BATF agents have confessed. This official, wide-spread BATF gun-running program was called "Operation Fast and Furious" and it is being investigated right now by the Congressional Issa Committee.

Nixon lied but nobody died. Besides Agents Brian Terry, Jaime Zapata (ICE) and countless Mexican citizens we'll never know the body count from BATF guns. Baltimore U's new law school dean helped cover up BATF's crime of arming the murderers. I guess it's not perjury unless you're indicted and convicted. So, the fact that the new B U Law School Dean signed a letter submitted under oath to the Issa Committee stating that the BATF never allowed thousands of guns to be walked into cartel service is not that bad. We've learned that it depends on what your definition of "is" is, right?

Now you know how the REAL ONE Percent takes care of it's own. It's been about a year since Agent Brian Terry was murdered. Atty. General Eric Waco Holder won't even apologize to Agent Terry's widow and family but lying coverup Ron (the Weasel) Weich, who "embodies" "leadership with integrity and vision" gets to be Dean of Baltimore University Law School. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be lawyers.

Here's a message to the protesters planning their May Day, "There IS a One Percent, and you can find him in the White House."
    I would like to remind everyone that the House is currently run by Republicans, and Issa's committee that is investigating F&F is likewise, yet even in the face of proven obstruction and lying to them, this hack bureaucrat won't face a second's worth of justice for betraying The People's Justice Department.

Every single day, within every single major controversy that arises in our government, Republicans prove over and over that they are just as ineffective at protecting our rights as Democrats are effective at incrementally stealing them. At some point, don't we need to ask ourselves as a nation whose side any of them are on? To me, it is a reasonable conclusion that they're all on the same side; the side of unlimited government power, the side of corruption and graft, and the side of the ever-closing end-goal of globalist government, or New World Order, or whatever the popular name for it is today. Clearly, national sovereignty as codified into law within the Constitution, is the last thing on their collective mind. When that sovereignty and the laws that protect it and give it meaning are abandoned, what is left in its place? I guess I can't definitively answer that question, but I can say that this isn't the United States of America anymore.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

( ) Democrat

( ) Republican

(X) Pissed Off!

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

What else can you expect of the ilks of the master impostor-in-chief? He had promoted even those that were part of the Fast and Furious, it is no surprise he promoted this one too, he hoped to a discrete part of the system. Hopefully there will come a time when the master will have no place to hide, no place to run. He'll be found out too ... I wonder who his Bagdad Bob is going to be....????
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

The Republican party is far from being conservative, and elected Republicans in Washington have probably never been much more than 1/3 conservative. We have to take the party before we can hope to take back our country.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

The true "one-percenters" are the elitists--the far left progressives; not the corporations. IMO
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.