Are we on the cusp of a national crisis? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Are we on the cusp of a national crisis?

This is a discussion on Are we on the cusp of a national crisis? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Oldgrunt Mom: I have always found you to be a delightful lady whose comments I have always ...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Mom: I have always found you to be a delightful lady whose comments I have always enjoyed reading but.......now you have done it! We had enough to worry about in the upcoming election without someone articulating the possibility of an economic crash which could possibly stop the election. The economic crash I can survive. My wife and I both can afford the loss of a few pounds and slim rations BUT, I can not stomach the thought of that Muslim continuing in office through default!!! We can always tend a garden, fish and eat rabbits and squirrels to get by. I was raised that way. Regardless of how bad everything else gets, the thought of Obama staying in office is so abhorrant to me that all else would be a cake walk. Might even kick some of the illegals out of the way and head south to Central America. I studied Spanish in Language School years ago so maybe I can brush up on it real fast! I sure hope the fellow that wrote that article is wrong. Thanks for the headache! LOL.
    I am the same with you OG...I always have a garden to tend...and we used to have pigs in the farm, chickens, ducks, etc. I have not been raised to eat rabbits nor squirrels though. I hope to God he is wrong too but at times like this, somehow if there is smoke, there is no fire?...was he just trying to catch our attention, but for what reason? I like to rationalize things that I read but sometimes like any other human beings I jump the gun too. All we can do is be prepared. Canning, preserving, gardening, my husband and I can survive and so will our animals. The kids can live with us too if worst comes to worst. I have 47 roses in my garden right now along with some spring/summer vegetables. Somehow we will survive all these...Good luck to us, OG...and everyone here who shares our sentiments. Lest we forget we still have The Creator in our hearts, mind and soul to take care of us because WE BELIEVE.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

About a year ago I sat down with my finance guy to have a talk about my investments. And through our talk we hit upon this same subject, In his words this all comes down to the all MIGHTY DOLLAR!! . Yep advertising, you can't sell if your not watching. Shame,this must be the "NEW "yellow dog journalism that we are facing in this country of ours, and know one really seems to really get it.
    I just came back from vacation , but had a chance to talk and listen to people at the resort that we were at,and found alot of people don't like what they are seeing going on right now which made me feel a whole lot better( you can't get that feeling from the media) I don't like MITT and have said so in other post's, but I think alot of people have had enough! of this and will vote this guy out the door.
    As for the shooting in FL, watch what the M.E. has to say about the shooting, that in it self will tell you what was really going on and who was doing what.
    All I hope for is that we can get this turned around.

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post

A huge problem is that not only has the country turned away from God, so has much of the American Church turned away from the Gospel and from God. .
    Very true. The Bible makes it very clear that in these Last Days the greatest sign of the church (Laodicean church) would be APOSTASY. One of the great characteristics of these Last Days is described in the New Testament as deception, or delusion, on a grand unprecedented scale. The Lord warned that the deception that is coming will be so convincing that even the very elect, that is, those that truly know Him, stand in danger of being carried away in the deception. (Matthew 24:24) The vast majority of "so called" Christian churches have totally failed to prepare their congregations for these Last Days we're presently living. I say this with a heavy heart that the ignorance and self-deception of these churches failing to teach Bible prophesy & the Book of Revelation will result in the loss of countless millions of lives of those who are Left Behind. It's pathetic that Christians in their ignorance project a foolish mindset equal to that of secular society. Every time I hear a Christian say that all we have to do is vote BO out of office and we'll have a chance of taking our nation back for our children, grandchildren, and future generations, just makes me cringe.

One third (1/3) of Gods word (the Bible) is prophesy. Prophesy put there to prepare us, not scare us. Jesus made it crystal clear that we are presently living in the Last Generation. If this generation (1948-2018 or 19) passes away and the world hasn't gone through the 7 years of the Tribulation to include the 2nd coming of Christ, then the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32 are false and Jesus is a liar. God has His TIMETABLE/CALENDAR and Israel is His TIMEPIECE, nothing could be more clear. Every prophesy in the Bible pertaining to Israel is visible in our daily current events and the stage is set. Every prophesy pertaining to our present world's economic & political conditions being in great perplexity leading to the New Word Order/One World Government is undeniable and imminent, regardless of any U.S.elections taking place. I've simply presented the basics here, the tip of the iceberg. I'm not trying to win any popularity contest, I only hope that Christians wake up and warn their families and friends with the truth, before it's too late. Peace.

~ Because They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done ~

I had a PM exchange with one of the guys here in which I kind of joked that I found Jesus on the internet. I say "kind of joked" because it's actually true, though it does sound funny. But over the last several years my main stomping grounds on the web has been a forum that I found while looking for Patriot forums. Though it is that also, it's heavily populated by extremely well-versed Christians, one of whom made many posts similar to the one above this one where he spoke with such conviction that it was impossible to pass over as if it meant nothing. I've never been "anti" religious, I just never had any education or instruction in Scripture. I started reaching out to this one poster and asking questions, a lot of which I really didn't expect to get answers which I could accept as "truth." That never happened though. Like Ringo, my Scriptural mentor always cited the parts of the Bible that informed his answers, and when read in context to whatever we were discussing, the truth was undeniable. Eventually we started talking on the phone. He has never treated me like a "project," but rather as a brother whose well-being he is genuinely concerned about. The guy is a bit younger than I am, but he's the brother that knows our Father best, and he guides me towards that end knowing that if I know, trust and have faith in our Father, everything else will take care of itself.

Five years ago I would've cringed at the thought of "having" to study the Bible. Now I crave it. I LOVE reading it, or listening to it being read. Even the hard stuff like what Ringo posts about quite often is comforting to me now. The more I know, the more I want to know more. So thanks Ringo. Your posts are very popular at the BluesStringer's household!

Those who said it before I got around to it are absolutely right; this country can only be saved to the extent that its citizens and institutions incorporate God back into our daily lives. He opened my eyes, and believe me, that is a miracle in and of itself! In Him, all things are possible, even this country's restoration. But He won't force Himself on us. He has to be invited.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Just a thought, not to dispute Ringo's post, he could be spot on. The Bible, although inspired by God, was written by humans. It was also interpreted into many other languages by humans. It was written in parables which are ofter misunderstood and it's easily take out of context. Every generation since the time of Jesus believed the world would end in their life time. imagine how the people in Europe felt during the time of the black plague. Or the people living in Nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's or Stalin's Soviet Union. Jesus stated the end will come like a thief in the night, be vigilant. For no one but God knows when that time will be. I know Th Book of Revelations was written to inform us as to what must happen before the end. Does anyone really know what time frame it entails. Are we talking hours, days, years, generations, centuries... Jesus also warned us to be aware of false profits. There is a reason that not even Christians can agree on how the Bible should be interpreted or how we should worship the Lord. Just some food for thought.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Please look around you.
    We have news every day that shows our nicety-nice world is coming unraveled at the seems.
    In the wake of the George Zimmerman/Travon Martin affair we now have major media and the highest government officials interjecting themselves into the picture BEFORE a fair and impartial trial can be carried out per constitutional mandate.
    We are seeing groups of knuckleheads from both side of this coin attack innocent people for no other reason than for "REVENGE" or "PAYBACK". I am referring to the atrocities in Arizona as well as the atrocities that have happened in Mobile, Cleveland and Virginia Beach/Norfolk.
    I believe that the media and the Government have allowed this situation to spin completely out of control. The news media has been caught lying and fanning the flames of racial tensions. The Office of the President has also similarly interjected sentiments that have fanned the flames of racial tension.
    Now we see folks trying to profit from the losses of others by attempting to trademark the name of the deceased and by making tee-shirts and bumper stickers that by their very design fan the flames some more.
    The problem with all of this is that not one single media outlet or government agency is trying to make any move towards the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    The general public for the most part only knows what is being shoveled to them by the media and the clock is ticking.
    Ask any person that has lived through any of the crap from the 60's and 70's and they will tell you first hand that none of this is correct.
    NOW...let's look at a bigger picture.
    The very laws and freedoms that we as Americans cherish are being challenged due to the inability of the media to report news without twisting it to fit an agenda.
    The folks who are crying loudest and most often are far and removed from this situation but still feel the need be heard concerning an event between two individuals that needs to be decided in the courts and not in the media.
    All of this is serving to unhinge the rule of law and make a concerted effort to push it off the foundations of truth and justice.
    If this is not settled with the public being allowed access to the truth...theory, conjecture, and emotion will rule the day and justice will not be served; for either side of the coin.
    That fact alone could go a long way towards inciting national riots and racial discord.
    So I ask very simply, Are we on the cusp of a National Crisis?
    The short answer is "Yes".

The longer prophetic answers can be found within the New Testament as another enlightened forum member has previously pointed out,

2 Timothy 3:1-5,
    But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.
    Have nothing to do with such people.

Also relevant is this quote from Yeshua (Jesus Christ);

Matthew 12:25,
    Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand".
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I am the same with you OG...I always have a garden to tend...and we used to have pigs in the farm, chickens, ducks, etc. I have not been raised to eat rabbits nor squirrels though. I hope to God he is wrong too but at times like this, somehow if there is smoke, there is no fire?...was he just trying to catch our attention, but for what reason? I like to rationalize things that I read but sometimes like any other human beings I jump the gun too. All we can do is be prepared. Canning, preserving, gardening, my husband and I can survive and so will our animals. The kids can live with us too if worst comes to worst. I have 47 roses in my garden right now along with some spring/summer vegetables. Somehow we will survive all these...Good luck to us, OG...and everyone here who shares our sentiments. Lest we forget we still have The Creator in our hearts, mind and soul to take care of us because WE BELIEVE.
    I do hope you kept those squirrel recipes I sent you.
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I had a PM exchange with one of the guys here in which I kind of joked that I found Jesus on the internet. I say "kind of joked" because it's actually true, though it does sound funny. Blues
    Nothing funny here Blues. I love the internet, because it makes my main passion, research of everything, so much more possible and convenient. It has kept my brain from turning into mush. IMO, it has surpassed the television in its importance in communication, probably has equaled radio, and may even eventually equal the printing press. And I believed all of these things before your statement.

You are the first person I have personally seen admit to finding Jesus Christ from the internet, but if you have, many thousands of other people have or will, if not millions.

So it may even surpass the printing press!

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Just a thought, not to dispute Ringo's post, he could be spot on. The Bible, although inspired by God, was written by humans. It was also interpreted into many other languages by humans. It was written in parables which are ofter misunderstood and it's easily take out of context. Every generation since the time of Jesus believed the world would end in their life time. imagine how the people in Europe felt during the time of the black plague. Or the people living in Nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's or Stalin's Soviet Union. Jesus stated the end will come like a thief in the night, be vigilant. For no one but God knows when that time will be. I know Th Book of Revelations was written to inform us as to what must happen before the end. Does anyone really know what time frame it entails. Are we talking hours, days, years, generations, centuries... Jesus also warned us to be aware of false profits. There is a reason that not even Christians can agree on how the Bible should be interpreted or how we should worship the Lord. Just some food for thought.
    I made a similar remark in the past day or two (maybe even in this thread, too lazy to look back lol). Not as detailed, but I was thinking the same thing.

I am not necessarily of a mind that this is the end of times. It might be, and I am preparing myself spiritually for it, have been for well over a decade. I do agree with Ringo, churches are not pushing Biblical prophesy, and even mine may not be. But we are taught the Gospel without the current liberal spin, and are warned that the end could come at any time.

There are people out there that put me off a little (AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RINGO!!!). There are people like Ringo that truly believe that this is the end of times, and again, it very well may be. There are also people out there that WANT this to be the end of times, that go beyond the obvious signs and are trying to make their own signs. I personally know a few of these. Some of them pretend to know God's schedule. Enough on that.

Something more related to fuhr's post than to the thread itself, sometimes I think that maybe the scripture was not intended to be translated from the original Classical Hebrew and Koine Greek. (Just something I threw out mostly to fuhr, not intended to debate it here) By the same token, the parables and stories are open to interpretation....which makes them mean different things for different people. Not that they are changed, but that maybe not understood exactly as Christ intended.

For example....anyone ever felt of a fig leaf? I'm sure that the possibly 10 million Hebrews that Moses was teaching got a good laugh when they were told that Adam and Eve covered their privates with fig leaves. (fig leaves are kind of sticky and fuzzy, and the sap from the fig tree is a skin irritant) My point being that there likely is more to the story than face value.

Anyone ever heard the story of Nimrod and the city of Babel as explained by someone who understands and has a conversational knowledge of Classical Hebrew? It means something totally different than you thought.

I'M NOT SAYING THE BIBLE IS WRONG!!! I'M SAYING THAT MAYBE WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OF AN UNDERSTANDING OF IT!!
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I had a PM exchange with one of the guys here in which I kind of joked that I found Jesus on the internet. I say "kind of joked" because it's actually true, though it does sound funny. But over the last several years my main stomping grounds on the web has been a forum that I found while looking for Patriot forums. Though it is that also, it's heavily populated by extremely well-versed Christians, one of whom made many posts similar to the one above this one where he spoke with such conviction that it was impossible to pass over as if it meant nothing. I've never been "anti" religious, I just never had any education or instruction in Scripture. I started reaching out to this one poster and asking questions, a lot of which I really didn't expect to get answers which I could accept as "truth." That never happened though. Like Ringo, my Scriptural mentor always cited the parts of the Bible that informed his answers, and when read in context to whatever we were discussing, the truth was undeniable. Eventually we started talking on the phone. He has never treated me like a "project," but rather as a brother whose well-being he is genuinely concerned about. The guy is a bit younger than I am, but he's the brother that knows our Father best, and he guides me towards that end knowing that if I know, trust and have faith in our Father, everything else will take care of itself.

Five years ago I would've cringed at the thought of "having" to study the Bible. Now I crave it. I LOVE reading it, or listening to it being read. Even the hard stuff like what Ringo posts about quite often is comforting to me now. The more I know, the more I want to know more. So thanks Ringo. Your posts are very popular at the BluesStringer's household!

Those who said it before I got around to it are absolutely right; this country can only be saved to the extent that its citizens and institutions incorporate God back into our daily lives. He opened my eyes, and believe me, that is a miracle in and of itself! In Him, all things are possible, even this country's restoration. But He won't force Himself on us. He has to be invited.

Blues
    Blues,
    Thanks for sharing how you came to "KNOW" God and His love and direction for each one of us. And since salvation is a 'gift', it has to be accepted. It cannot be received by force. Your sharing will be a help to others that need to KNOW HIM.

I too, came to realize that GOD IS REAL! one night back in 1982 while reading prophecy (Ezekiel). Things written many, many years ago had clearly come to pass and I knew the truth when I read it.

Ringo is right on when he posted this:: One third (1/3) of Gods word (the Bible) is prophesy. Prophesy put there to prepare us, not scare us. Jesus made it crystal clear that we are presently living in the Last Generation. If this generation (1948-2018 or 19) passes away and the world hasn't gone through the 7 years of the Tribulation to include the 2nd coming of Christ, then the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32 are false and Jesus is a liar. God has His TIMETABLE/CALENDAR and Israel is His TIMEPIECE, nothing could be more clear. Every prophesy in the Bible pertaining to Israel is visible in our daily current events and the stage is set. Every prophesy pertaining to our present world's economic & political conditions being in great perplexity leading to the New Word Order/One World Government is undeniable and imminent, regardless of any U.S.elections taking place. I've simply presented the basics here, the tip of the iceberg. I'm not trying to win any popularity contest, I only hope that Christians wake up and warn their families and friends with the truth, before it's too late. Peace.

The ONLY hope we have (as an individual or nation) is to have a change of heart and and turn to God and His Son and His Word and let His Spirit guide us. This is the ONLY 'hope & change' that is true and living.
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Every time I hear a Christian say that all we have to do is vote BO out of office and we'll have a chance of taking our nation back for our children, grandchildren, and future generations, just makes me cringe.
    I kind of read past this line. I agree so fully.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast