Are we on the cusp of a national crisis?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Are we on the cusp of a national crisis?

This is a discussion on Are we on the cusp of a national crisis? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Please look around you. We have news every day that shows our nicety-nice world is coming unraveled at the seems. ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation Are we on the cusp of a national crisis?

Please look around you.

We have news every day that shows our nicety-nice world is coming unraveled at the seems.

In the wake of the George Zimmerman/Travon Martin affair we now have major media and the highest government officials interjecting themselves into the picture BEFORE a fair and impartial trial can be carried out per constitutional mandate.

We are seeing groups of knuckleheads from both side of this coin attack innocent people for no other reason than for "REVENGE" or "PAYBACK". I am referring to the atrocities in Arizona as well as the atrocities that have happened in Mobile, Cleveland and Virginia Beach/Norfolk.

I believe that the media and the Government have allowed this situation to spin completely out of control. The news media has been caught lying and fanning the flames of racial tensions. The Office of the President has also similarly interjected sentiments that have fanned the flames of racial tension.

Now we see folks trying to profit from the losses of others by attempting to trademark the name of the deceased and by making tee-shirts and bumper stickers that by their very design fan the flames some more.

The problem with all of this is that not one single media outlet or government agency is trying to make any move towards the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The general public for the most part only knows what is being shoveled to them by the media and the clock is ticking.

Ask any person that has lived through any of the crap from the 60's and 70's and they will tell you first hand that none of this is correct.

NOW...let's look at a bigger picture.

The very laws and freedoms that we as Americans cherish are being challenged due to the inability of the media to report news without twisting it to fit an agenda.

The folks who are crying loudest and most often are far and removed from this situation but still feel the need be heard concerning an event between two individuals that needs to be decided in the courts and not in the media.

All of this is serving to unhinge the rule of law and make a concerted effort to push it off the foundations of truth and justice.

If this is not settled with the public being allowed access to the truth...theory, conjecture, and emotion will rule the day and justice will not be served; for either side of the coin.

That fact alone could go a long way towards inciting national riots and racial discord.

So I ask very simply, Are we on the cusp of a National Crisis?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    <snip>.....

In a word, yes.

However, I would relate the causes and/or indicators you refer to a little differently. I believe strongly that Zimmerman's is a political prosecution, and standing alone, that is a horrible thing to happen in a supposedly "free" country. But I don't see that as an indicator of a coming national crisis, but rather as a symptom of the crisis that this country is in the ending stages of, not on the cusp of. In the bigger scheme of things, the Zimmerman/Martin case is fairly insignificant. It simply came at a convenient time for opportunistic progressives, leftists, anarchists and Marxists to use it to foment chaos, so yeah, it may be what some of the more incapable-of-thinking-for-themselves, lemming-like rioters view as their "inspiration" to engage in the chaos. But to the pushers of the dishonest memes of racism, guns-are-dangerous-and-a-blight-on-our-otherwise-peaceful-and-safe-society, if it wasn't Zimmerman/Martin, it would be some other manufactured "outrage" that they'd use to rally people to violence. Lovers of big, all-encompassing government need chaos in the streets to overcome the obstacles to big, all-encompassing government that the Constitution puts in front of them. When law-abiding citizens can't feel safe in their own homes and communities, they will not only accept big-government intervention, but if the chaos is severe enough and sustained for long enough periods of time, they will demand it, thus voluntarily relinquishing more of their own freedoms for a sense of security, false though it may be.

Please don't get me wrong, festus. I'm not disparaging your well-reasoned and well-stated post. We don't disagree here at all. I just think we're well past being on the cusp of anything. Most all of us can envision widespread violence being triggered by this manufactured national controversy, which says to me that the groundwork for the breakdown of a moral and law-abiding society was laid many years, even several decades, before anyone ever heard the name of Trayvon Martin.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Well thought of response to a well written and thought of post, both of you. Different way of putting an argument (?) I also think that these atrocities, coming on the heels of the most important election for us is the stage in which the liberals and their media is using to divide us. So we must be strong in our resolve to be together and think together to find a solution to keep this country intact instead of bowing and just doing nothing but talk. When it actually happens that this administration really declared martial law before the election, what now? How do we go about resisting their efforts? Do we go out on the limb and march with our guns and rifles in the street and fight them? Just the many thoughts I have on my mind right now...we need a leader not a talker...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Agree with all of you... What amazes me is the staggering number of people in this country that are totally oblivious to the fact that there is a problem, let alone as to how far that problem has progressed.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Near half the folks in this country are the problem, Travon's name was trademarked by his parents. With that said, the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" still works wonders.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by festus:308014
    I believe that the media and the Government have allowed this situation to spin completely out of control. The news media has been caught lying and fanning the flames of racial tensions. The Office of the President has also similarly interjected sentiments that have fanned the flames of racial tension.

The very laws and freedoms that we as Americans cherish are being challenged due to the inability of the media to report news without twisting it to fit an agenda.

These are the parts I wanted to focus on, because it seems in your mind and others, the problems are stemming from the the media and government [by doing or not doing something]. There will always be someone or something that is trying to take away the rights of another individual. That is human history...and it revolves in circles forever. If there wasn't mass media, or government, it would be something else.

For me, the media and the government haven't allowed this to happen. We the People have allowed this to happen. The media is a business, they have their own agenda, but that doesn't change the fact so many American's are choosing to lay down and give up their rights. It's appalling how many people on this site feel it's not worth going to jail or dying for each and every one of our rights that's being infringed upon. The government isn't there to hold our hands through everything, we as a country have lost our self sufficiency.

The real question is, are WE going to allow the national crisis? Do you feel our freedom and constitution are worth dying or going to jail for?

But, to answer your simple questions: No. I do not believe we the collective are on the cusp of a National Crisis. Those of us who wish freedom reign free, are on a cusp of a crisis. The majority of America is ready and willing to give up everything, and they will be happy with it. I do not see this country collapsing in my life time, maybe in my unborn child's lifetime...so, the next real question would be, what are WE going to do to save our children's or grand-children's freedom? (The answer for me, does not involve government intervention or mass media)
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was stationed in the Philippines for a few months when that country collapsed under the Marcoses. I joined the folks in the streets. Many considered it serious ... some considered it just fun to be in. But the people won. It was scary to say the least, ultra scary...

On the other hand, the people of Australia, the ones I had been around with for so long are so different...very placid, very ... I can't find the words in my mind right now, but it is like they accept everything handed to them, like they have no voice at all. Then a few weeks before election comes, this is when they start talking to others about the state of the country yet not many are willing to do anything apart from at the polls. The result? high cost of living, socialized medicines, doctors...everyone has a Medicare from the time a child is born. Their income tax is 65% of their annual salary...last time I looked or was told by my eldest son. What if one day there won't be any more voting polls?

I am not criticising the whole of Australia, I still love that country but on certain issues we are discussing here, the attitude of the people on participating in the governing of their country is atrocious if that is the right word...

But is this the kind of life we want in this country? -- the government taking more than what you are earning? I am sorry....but what can we do but vote on election day? One day our rights will be peeled of more and more from under our noses while we sleep at night via executive orders...one day we won't have a country anymore -- we'd belong to the One Nation Under Allah...

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US? when we had allowed God to be taken away from us?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

We may be on the cusp of something but what, we won't know until it happens. We already know that this admin will run a false flag operation. ( Fast and Furious ) What will be their next? I'd say we will find out about 2 weeks before the November elections.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Excellent posts down the thread.

But yes, this has been going on for quite some time as Blues said. Take for example, the man voted for decades as the "most trusted man in America", Walter Cronkite. After he retired, he admitted that he was very much a liberal. So we can consider the liberal bias in the media starting back long before even when I realized it, in the 1984 election. How can that be? Quite simply, the bias is not only what is said, it also what is not said, or not reported on at all.

Think of the men who decided what news Americans received in the past 50 or so years, considering the majority of Americans received their national news from the evening newscasts.

NBC: Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, John Chancellor, Tom Brokaw, Roger Mudd, Brian Williams
    CBS: Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, Connie Chung, Bob Shieffer, Katie Couric, Scott Pelley
    ABC: Peter Jennings, Bob Young, Frank Reynolds, Howard K Smith, Harry Reasoner, Barbara Walters, Charles Gibson, Dianne Sawyer (and a number of others who were only there for a few months or less)

So, for my lifetime, the majority of the news seen by Americans has been controlled by 20 or so people. Since most people favor one network news over another, that could be as few as five people. Over 50 years! And how many of those people ended up being fairly hardcore liberals? Nearly all, and we just don't know about the rest.

The network news outlets enjoyed absolutely no real competition other than their two competitors until the early 80s, when CNN came along, and they were no real competition. And though they deny it, they claim not to worry about any of the "alternative media" (Fox News, AM radio, and internet).

So in 2008, they pretty much just stopped hiding their bias. Not only the commentators, but the anchors and reporters too. Today, if you watch, what is found in MediaMatters, RightOn, or The Huffington Post today, will be on AP or Reuters tomorrow, and the network news the next day. So half the time they don't even investigate, they just regurgitate the hate-filled drivel generated by the left-wing hate machine.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Don't leave out the education system in this country. Our children are being indoctrinate to a liberal ideology. We don't have a two party political system these days. We have one party with two different names, one more liberal than the other, make no mistake they are both liberal. It's time for the many to take our political system away from the few that control it. The election box, both local and national, is our battle field. The time has come to get off the bench and get in the game.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast