Your Church is Next - Page 4
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Your Church is Next

This is a discussion on Your Church is Next within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by eagleeyes old grunt i understand more of the bible and christianity than most christians do i'm well ...

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    old grunt
    i understand more of the bible and christianity than most christians do i'm well read and studied of christianity and many other religions and pagan mythologies
    jesus christ may be your lord god and saviour but as for me i put none others gods before me

i don't come to a gun rights forum to talk religion or politics much as everyone has their own conditioned ideologies of right wrong moral immoral etc etc and i simply don't need a lecture on what i should believe what god someone thinks i should bow to
    i trust my own higest conscious awareness the god i put none others before
    the bible condemns alot of things as well condones alot of things
    as do i in my own heart mind and soul and i'm going with my own heart mind and soul as that is the trinity within us all

jesus was but an example of our own divinity and so much more.... ugh see why i don't want to discuss religion because i can write a book once i get started on the topic
    rotflmao
    peace
    gays and women who don't want to be mothers are not my enemy nor do i consider them sinners going to hell or criminals who should be stoned to death or locked up or burned at a stake........
    eagleeyes: First, let me say this, you have come to the Political part of this site. If you would read, you would know that this section is open to the discussion of anything we want to bring up. Religion is a good example. I dare say, if you would read back among the many posts under "Politics" you will find a variety of subjects which are of interest to people and religion is a favored topic with some.

As for your understanding of the Bible, it would seem you either don't understand what you have read or, you have chosen to not believe what is written. As for writing a book on the subject, it seems you are quite deficient in Christian belief to even write a short memo, much less a book. I am not trying to put you down but, from what you have just written, you don't seem to understand what the Bible says to us about the lives we should lead. Read about homosexuality being an abomination before God. Your opinion on the subject is irrelevant, God has spoken. Your opinion on the murder of babies is also irrelevant. God has there again spoken. You said that "Jesus was but an example of our own divinity." When did you become divine? The divinity belongs to Jesus. Only through Him can we become sons of God and that through His redemptive sacrifice on the cross. I would encourage you to really study the Bible and see what God has intended for us to be. Don't try to go by your personal opinion about things God has revealed to us. Go with Him and don't let your own thoughts blind you to His truths.

you follow institutionalized belief systems which is a barrier to self realization
    i'm called 'eagle eyes' for good reason and live up to that name
    heheh
    perhaps you should learn the difference between a baby and a fetus and the stages of development?
    it's nobody business if a woman chooses not to be a mother but the woman herself how about rights of the already born? why make a woman suffer the rest of her life because she choose to abort a pregnancy?
    why send your kids to someone elses war?
    many things we are conditioned to believe is good which is actually more damaging to society as a whole than they could ever imagine on many levels
    not all women feel 'unlucky' to be pregnant and those who feel good about it should by all means carry on and give birth i wish all the best
    however a woman who got pregnant not by choice but chance and doesn't want to have a child nor bear it shouldn't be forced to do so that is my opinion and i'm sticking to it
    i've never aborted but i can see why many do and have good reason to do so
    and it's none of my business what other consenting adults do in their bedrooms nor should it be anyone elses but those participating
    it's none of the governments business either or the church leaders or schools or employers either imo
    some folks claim they want freedom and rights yet want to deny others of their rights to control their own affairs and lives
    do you remember being in your mothers womb?
    what is the crime in two homos having sex i'd rather see em doing that than killing each other over whose god is the greatest
    wait! no actually i don't want to see either! lolz
    although i've seen way too much as it is
    gun control is being able to hit your target

eagleeyes: Old son, I don't care if you are called eagleeyes or any other name, you have missed the whole point and this "self realization" crap you are trying to spread is indicative, to me, of spiritual blindnes. I think I am reasonably well up on the definition of a fetus and baby and all the stages of development. I learned that in college and I also learned that a fetus is not just a mass of gelatinous material in the mother's womb. Find yourself a Developmental Psychology book and read up on the subject. Now, if you want to present an argument, at least study up on what you want to present and try not to foist some inane argument on us which you clearly don't understand yourself. I think you are trying to evade the teachings of the Bible but, believe me, you will one day come to the realization that what we have been trying to say is true. I hope you can come to that understanding soon.

it's ok to have different ideologies and understandings so long they not causing one to fear hate or disrespect another
    you don't know what i know so why even try to go there?? i'm not looking to argue and i certainly wouldn't argue with a pregnant woman who wants to get an abortion or argue to a **** saying he or she shouldn't have gay sex either
    i've studied the bible for decades as well as other religious texts all have plenty of good teachings in them for sure
    however i feel many don't understand the bible to the depths i do which isn't really none of my business either and i find it pointless to argue whose interpretation is the correct one what works for you may not work for others and this i know so that is way i'm not one to try and convince others what they should or shouldn't believe or do

i certainly don't want to argue about what cults interpretation of it is the true one either i don't agree with the dogma and indoctrinations of institutionalized religious cults never have never will

here is a link to a vid i'm watching you may enjoy i am about half way through it and i think the speaker is right on target where he speaks i wonder if it makes sense to you like it does to me??
    gun control is being able to hit your target

This argument is the same old crap. "You bible thumpers shouldn't impose your anti abortion beliefs on others". And while this is being said the liberal progressives have pushed the idea of abortion on our children through the schools and social media. They say don't push you religion on us while they are filing lawsuits to remove all and any trace of its existence from our buildings and monuments. They preach tolerance but are the most intolerant when it comes to anyone who might believe in God.

The fact is we don't live in a void. If they make you feel like you're imposing your religion on them it is only because they are actively engaged in eradicating your beliefs and replacing with theirs. A person who does not believe in God does not believe in nothing and they are not satisfied to just leave you in peace. You can look at all the lawsuits brought by atheist groups and see the truth in that. There is no live and let live when it comes to this. It is out and out spiritual warfare and there are only two sides in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    eagleeyes: First, let me say this, you have come to the Political part of this site. If you would read, you would know that this section is open to the discussion of anything we want to bring up. Religion is a good example. I dare say, if you would read back among the many posts under "Politics" you will find a variety of subjects which are of interest to people and religion is a favored topic with some.

As for your understanding of the Bible, it would seem you either don't understand what you have read or, you have chosen to not believe what is written. As for writing a book on the subject, it seems you are quite deficient in Christian belief to even write a short memo, much less a book. I am not trying to put you down but, from what you have just written, you don't seem to understand what the Bible says to us about the lives we should lead. Read about homosexuality being an abomination before God. Your opinion on the subject is irrelevant, God has spoken. Your opinion on the murder of babies is also irrelevant. God has there again spoken. You said that "Jesus was but an example of our own divinity." When did you become divine? The divinity belongs to Jesus. Only through Him can we become sons of God and that through His redemptive sacrifice on the cross. I would encourage you to really study the Bible and see what God has intended for us to be. Don't try to go by your personal opinion about things God has revealed to us. Go with Him and don't let your own thoughts blind you to His truths.
    Didn't we already cover this in another thread. The word Homosexuality is never mentioned in the bible.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkules77 View Post
    Didn't we already cover this in another thread. The word Homosexuality is never mentioned in the bible.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    Turkles: You miss one main point. Neither I nor anyone else has judged these people. We have pointed out, however, that it is indeed in the Bible and will come under God's judgement, not ours. Just to enlighten you about homosexuality being mentioned in the Bible, I would refer you to the following passages: Gen. 19:5-8; Lev. 18: 22-23; Lev. 20:13; Rom. 1:26-27; I Cor. 6:9; I Tim. 1:9-10; Jude:7. Read those passages and then tell me that homosexuality is not mentioned in the Bible.

Homosexuality is a private act performed between two consenting people but the Bible condemns such practices and, in the end, God will be the judge, not me or anyone else on here. What you were trying to quote was from Matthew 7:1-2, "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." We can point out, however, that the Bible plainly says it is a sin and if you disagree with that, take it up with God. After all, he wrote the book. If you condone homosexuality, that is your decision as well as it is for the rest of us to not condone it. In answer to your question about this being covered on another thread, yes, it has. And the same answers were presented against the perversion. If it comes up again, you will get the same answers again and, most likely, from the same people. We are not trying to be antagonistic toward anyone but we will defend the Bible and it's teachings as well as we can. If one takes offense at what we say, don't get off on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by caper View Post
    This argument is the same old crap. "You bible thumpers shouldn't impose your anti abortion beliefs on others". And while this is being said the liberal progressives have pushed the idea of abortion on our children through the schools and social media. They say don't push you religion on us while they are filing lawsuits to remove all and any trace of its existence from our buildings and monuments. They preach tolerance but are the most intolerant when it comes to anyone who might believe in God.

The fact is we don't live in a void. If they make you feel like you're imposing your religion on them it is only because they are actively engaged in eradicating your beliefs and replacing with theirs. A person who does not believe in God does not believe in nothing and they are not satisfied to just leave you in peace. You can look at all the lawsuits brought by atheist groups and see the truth in that. There is no live and let live when it comes to this. It is out and out spiritual warfare and there are only two sides in the fight.

caper: You are correct. It absolutely is spiritual warfare and fulfillment of Bible prophecy. I only wish that people would see what is happening before their eyes and turn away from the sins of this world while there is still time. Unfortunately, people are blinded to the truth and reluctant to turn to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Turkles: You miss one main point. Neither I nor anyone else has judged these people. We have pointed out, however, that it is indeed in the Bible and will come under God's judgement, not ours. Just to enlighten you about homosexuality being mentioned in the Bible, I would refer you to the following passages: Gen. 19:5-8; Lev. 18: 22-23; Lev. 20:13; Rom. 1:26-27; I Cor. 6:9; I Tim. 1:9-10; Jude:7. Read those passages and then tell me that homosexuality is not mentioned in the Bible.

Homosexuality is a private act performed between two consenting people but the Bible condemns such practices and, in the end, God will be the judge, not me or anyone else on here. What you were trying to quote was from Matthew 7:1-2, "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." We can point out, however, that the Bible plainly says it is a sin and if you disagree with that, take it up with God. After all, he wrote the book. If you condone homosexuality, that is your decision as well as it is for the rest of us to not condone it. In answer to your question about this being covered on another thread, yes, it has. And the same answers were presented against the perversion. If it comes up again, you will get the same answers again and, most likely, from the same people. We are not trying to be antagonistic toward anyone but we will defend the Bible and it's teachings as well as we can. If one takes offense at what we say, don't get off on the subject.
    "Like grunt said, if you read and study the Bible you won't have to ask such foolish questions. Those were the laws that governed the Jews in the Old Testament. None pertain to Christians."

So which is it? The Old Testament only pertains to Christians when it fits your own personal views?

eagleeyes: Nope. The video doesn't do a thing for me. If this is part of your journey to the truth, don't forget to take your toothbrush. That might be a long trip. I have found my truth in Jesus Christ and didn't even have to leave home to do so. Quit watching the video and read the Bible. There is the only truth you need. The Bible says in Mark 10:14-15, all you have to do. It is so simple and, maybe that simplicity makes it difficult for people to grasp. Hope you find your way.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast