Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By Oldgrunt
  • 3 Post By fuhr52
  • 6 Post By Oldgrunt
  • 1 Post By Tucker's Mom
  • 4 Post By dcselby1
  • 2 Post By fstroupe

Voter Rolls

This is a discussion on Voter Rolls within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Could this be the reason the Democrats don't want voter ID bills enacted? Top News Florida says 180,000 non-citizens may ...

Default Voter Rolls

Could this be the reason the Democrats don't want voter ID bills enacted?

Top News
    Florida says 180,000 non-citizens may be on voter rolls
    Fri, May 11 17:02 PM EDT
    By Kevin Gray

MIAMI (Reuters) - Florida election authorities are examining about 180,000 people who they say may not be U.S. citizens but are registered to vote in the state, an official said on Friday.

State officials are updating Florida's voter rolls ahead of the U.S. presidential election in November. Florida is home to a large Latino population and is expected to be a critical swing state in the contest between Democratic President Barack Obama and presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

Florida's Division of Elections said it is checking the citizenship of voters by comparing its databases with those of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, which keeps track of whether a licensed driver is also a U.S. citizen.

Similar efforts have been carried out by state authorities in Colorado and New Mexico, which also have large Latino communities.

"We're going to vet a list of 180,000 people to try to come up with a real number," said Chris Cate, a spokesman for Florida's Division of Elections. "We don't want to jump to conclusions without a thorough investigation."

Officials in Florida have so far identified more than 2,600 potential voters who may not be U.S. citizens and sent their information to local election authorities, Cate said.

Drivers in Florida are required to show proof of their legal status when they get a driver's license or renew an old one.

Cate said cross-referencing voter rolls with the highway department information could help better determine whether voters are U.S. citizens, but he added the information was sometimes incomplete.

"Their last contact with the highway department may have been four or five years ago and they could have had the chance to become a citizen since then," he said.

Potential non-citizen voters are notified by mail and given 30 days to respond.

Nearly 1,600 of the voters identified up until now reside in Miami-Dade County, Florida's most populous county, which includes the city of Miami.

Cate said some Florida officials have asked the Obama administration to grant the state access to databases maintained by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to help determine who is a citizen.

"We've been requesting access, but have so far been denied," he said.
    (Editing by Eric Beech)

What makes you think that democrats want a fare legal election. What have you been smokin'. The dead have been voting in every election for years in Chicago. It's yet to be stopped.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    What makes you think that democrats want a fare legal election. What have you been smokin'. The dead have been voting in every election for years in Chicago. It's yet to be stopped.
    fuhr: I know the dead vote every election down here. Who would ever want to deprive them of that right? Some nasty old conservative?

Fuhr and OG...this has been going on for zonk years. The Dems just don't want legal votes...they also want illegal voters and they are paid to vote for them (Dems). Maybe it is a two way street -- perhaps some bought Republicans also want the corruption that exists right now. There are only a few real conservatives in this country. It's just that with the Democrats, these procedures are "normal" to them to the point that they do not consider it wrong anymore. It is happening in many countries around the world, it had happened in many countries around the world too. The level of corruption is/has been so rampant as what is also happening here. You can be sure that the incumbents will try their best to block these states that considers voters ID/Driver's Licenses to be shown before one goes to vote. At this stage, all we want is for that illegal immigrant to be ousted out of office then Plan 2 can be implemented.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    fuhr: I know the dead vote every election down here. Who would ever want to deprive them of that right? Some nasty old conservative?
    Well, we certainly don't want "poor" or uneducated people to have to identify themselves when voting. It would be such a hassle for them to obtain some type of state I.D. Interestingly, the other day I read that the Social Security Administration will cease sending paper checks in future. The VA already sends disability directly to your account. So, for those people who do NOT have Bank accounts, they will send some type of "debit" card. I will bet money that people won't have any problem identifying themselves to use these cards!
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Well, we certainly don't want "poor" or uneducated people to have to identify themselves when voting. It would be such a hassle for them to obtain some type of state I.D. Interestingly, the other day I read that the Social Security Administration will cease sending paper checks in future. The VA already sends disability directly to your account. So, for those people who do NOT have Bank accounts, they will send some type of "debit" card. I will bet money that people won't have any problem identifying themselves to use these cards!
    "Food Stamps" have been on debit type cards for several years now.

Walgreens made me show an ID when I bought my quarterly six-pack of beer a couple of weeks ago. My goatee is solid white, and my hair is at the point of being more salt than pepper.

So I guess the poor folk won't be buying their beer at Walgreens since they can't afford the ID.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh