SPLC Names NBPP Chairman to Radical RIGHT Activist List - Plus More Idiocy
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By BluesStringer
  • 4 Post By BluesStringer
  • 2 Post By S&W645

SPLC Names NBPP Chairman to Radical RIGHT Activist List - Plus More Idiocy

This is a discussion on SPLC Names NBPP Chairman to Radical RIGHT Activist List - Plus More Idiocy within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; SPLC Names New Black Panther Malik Zulu Shabazz to Its ‘Radical Right’ Activist List (Along With Frank Gaffney & David ...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Posts
    5,084

    Default SPLC Names NBPP Chairman to Radical RIGHT Activist List - Plus More Idiocy

    SPLC Names New Black Panther Malik Zulu Shabazz to Its ‘Radical Right’ Activist List (Along With Frank Gaffney & David Barton!)




    The Blaze has told you before about New Black Panther leader Malik Zulu Shabazz (who has recently talked about hating white people) and his radical ideology. Now, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has placed the black separatist leader on its list of “30 New Activists Heading Up the Radical Right.”

    Read that again and take it all in.

    While it may be startling to some that Shabazz is being considered right-leaning, the shock doesn’t end there: SPLC added some other familiar names to its “radical” list that are sure to cause even more confusion.

    Historian David Barton, American Center for Security Policy founder Frank Gaffney and blogger Palema Geller also made the list. While the former is dubbed “anti-gay” on the SPLC web site, the latter two are given the label “anti-Muslim.” Now, it goes without saying that most people would see stark differences between Shabazz and the other names mentioned in this post — specifically when it comes to ideology, rhetoric and action.

    Somehow, though, these conservatives have been denigrated to the same level as Shabazz and other radicals like former KKK member David Duke (he’s also on the list). Let’s continue by taking a look at a portion of the profile the SPLC created for Shabazz:

    Although he’s sometimes identified in the mainstream media as a mere “legal adviser” or “community organizer,” Malik Shabazz is a racist black nationalist with a long, well-documented history of violently anti-Semitic remarks and accusations about the inherent evil of white people. He is also particularly skilled at orchestrating provocative protests. Ousted from the Nation of Islam after he became an embarrassment even to that hard-line group, Shabazz went on to take up the leadership of the New Black Panther Party.
    Historian David Barton

    Now, let’s explore the profiles setup for Barton, Gaffney and Geller. Here’s a portion of the write-up assembled for Barton:
    Named by Time in 2005 as one of the nation’s “25 Most Influential Evangelicals,” David Barton is a self-styled “historian” who has acted as a key bridge between the mainstream political right and radical-right religious ideology.

    Barton, the founder and leader of WallBuilders, is best known for claiming that America was founded as a Christian nation and wrote a book entitled The Myth of Separation. He says the founding fathers intended only Christians to hold office, citing early documents to back that falsehood. Barton has no training as a historian beyond a bachelor’s in religious education from Oral Roberts University.
    Gaffney’s profile delves into his allegedly “paranoid” take on Islam:

    For most Americans, the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) evokes thoughts of a dark time in this country’s history. But Frank Gaffney Jr., the anti-Muslim movement’s most paranoid propagandist, is not most Americans. In 2011, he called on Congress to revive HUAC — this time around, to root out the Islamist operatives who, he claims, are well on their way to replacing America’s democracy with a totalitarian, Shariah-based caliphate.
    And, finally, here’s Geller’s overview:

    Pamela Geller is the anti-Muslim movement’s most visible and flamboyant figurehead. She’s relentlessly shrill and coarse in her broad-brush denunciations of Islam and makes preposterous claims, such as that President Obama is the “love child” of Malcolm X. She makes no pretense of being learned in Islamic studies, leaving the argumentative heavy lifting to her Stop Islamization of America partner Robert Spencer. Geller has mingled comfortably with European racists and fascists, spoken favorably of South African racists, defended Serbian war criminal Radovan Karadzic and denied the existence of Serbian concentration camps. She has taken a strong pro-Israel stance to the point of being sharply critical of Jewish liberals.
    Do you think these three people should be categorized together?

    See the full list of SPLC “radicals” here – and tell us what you think in the comments section.
    Notice that SPLC doesn't provide a single link for the things Barton, Gaffney and Geller "say" that they attribute to them. This is the worst kind of yellow "journalism." The Southern Poverty Law Center has lost all credibility as having any objectivity in their "reporting" at all.

    Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    ...And the reason that we should care what these retards think is...?
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Posts
    5,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    ...And the reason that we should care what these retards think is...?
    Really? Maybe because every time they speak, another law-abiding conservative Christian, like David Barton, ends up on an Eric Holder or Janet Napolitano or TSA watch list?

    Just on the surface though, are you comfortable with being associated with Mallik Shabazz by the SPLC? Assuming that you consider yourself conservative, or "right-wing," which I think you do. It goes much deeper than surface considerations though....

    My user name is in one of SPLC's "right-wing extremist" reports that went directly to Holder's office. The forum from which I was quoted was a target of "Righthaven," the leftist-backed .org that harassed websites for "copyright violations" for simply linking to articles or blogs protected by intellectual property rights. Late last year or earlier this year, Righthaven lost a class action lawsuit brought by hundreds of sites, one of which was the aforementioned one that I was (and am) a member of. Since Righthaven's demise (they completely disbanded after losing the lawsuit), the owners of several of the class-action sites have released their IP tracking archives, and were able to show that SPLC, Righthaven and DOJ have been connected for the three years that Righthaven was using its harassment campaign to silence right-wing blogs, sites and forums. The forum I was on had to take the drastic step of completely banning any quotes from mainstream sources such as the NY Times, WAPO, Time, Newsweek and on and on and on, as well as forbidding linking to them. The harassment from Righthaven almost succeeded in closing that, and other, forums down, most of them being owned by individuals, not corporate entities that could or might be inclined to defend against it.

    Every conservative in the country should be concerned about what the SPLC is doing, because if you've ever said anything more controversial than, "I think I'll vote for someone other than Obama," they're likely *doing it* to you. You can't defend yourself against an enemy about which you know nothing.

    Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

  4. #4
    S&W645's Avatar
    S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    4,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    ...And the reason that we should care what these retards think is...?
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    I see your point. I just get tired playing Wack-A-Mole with these microcephalic retards.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Posts
    5,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I see your point. I just get tired playing Wack-A-Mole with these microcephalic retards.
    When they have the direct ear of the Usurper in Chief and the Fast & Furious Attorney General, it's a bit more significant than children's games. They didn't earn those Marxist's ears by being "retards," they earned them by being a reliable part of the counter-intelligence and propaganda arm of the progressive movement. We dismiss them at our own peril.

    Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Really? Maybe because every time they speak, another law-abiding conservative Christian, like David Barton, ends up on an Eric Holder or Janet Napolitano or TSA watch list?

    Just on the surface though, are you comfortable with being associated with Mallik Shabazz by the SPLC? Assuming that you consider yourself conservative, or "right-wing," which I think you do. It goes much deeper than surface considerations though....

    My user name is in one of SPLC's "right-wing extremist" reports that went directly to Holder's office. The forum from which I was quoted was a target of "Righthaven," the leftist-backed .org that harassed websites for "copyright violations" for simply linking to articles or blogs protected by intellectual property rights. Late last year or earlier this year, Righthaven lost a class action lawsuit brought by hundreds of sites, one of which was the aforementioned one that I was (and am) a member of. Since Righthaven's demise (they completely disbanded after losing the lawsuit), the owners of several of the class-action sites have released their IP tracking archives, and were able to show that SPLC, Righthaven and DOJ have been connected for the three years that Righthaven was using its harassment campaign to silence right-wing blogs, sites and forums. The forum I was on had to take the drastic step of completely banning any quotes from mainstream sources such as the NY Times, WAPO, Time, Newsweek and on and on and on, as well as forbidding linking to them. The harassment from Righthaven almost succeeded in closing that, and other, forums down, most of them being owned by individuals, not corporate entities that could or might be inclined to defend against it.

    Every conservative in the country should be concerned about what the SPLC is doing, because if you've ever said anything more controversial than, "I think I'll vote for someone other than Obama," they're likely *doing it* to you. You can't defend yourself against an enemy about which you know nothing.

    Blues

    Blues: I was just at this website and found it an interesting read about Righthaven. Looks like they had their chimes dinged!



    Welcome to Righthaven Lawsuits

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Posts
    5,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Blues: I was just at this website and found it an interesting read about Righthaven. Looks like they had their chimes dinged!



    Welcome to Righthaven Lawsuits
    Thanks Grunt. Hadn't seen that particular site before. Getting ready to head out for work, but I should have some time to peruse it here shortly. Took a brief glance at it. Looks like there's tons of info there. Thanks again.

    Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •