Romney's own birther issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Romney's own birther issue...

This is a discussion on Romney's own birther issue... within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Romney's birth certificate evokes his father's controversy - Yahoo! News wow...real life is better than fiction. time to pull out ...

Default Romney's own birther issue...

Romney's birth certificate evokes his father's controversy - Yahoo! News

wow...real life is better than fiction. time to pull out the popcorn.

At one point, the Congressional Research Service - an arm of the Library of Congress that is supposed to provide authoritative but impartial research for elected members - advised that its analysts agreed with George Romney, according to a congressional source.

In a paper in November aimed at clarifying presidential eligibility, the Congressional Research Service declared that the practical, legal meaning of "natural born citizen" would "most likely include" not only anyone born on U.S. soil but anyone born overseas of at least one parent who was a U.S. citizen.

and yes i note that it will be construed that while George Romney was born in Mexico, both his parents were "proven" US citizens. just pointing out the funny birther stuff as OvenMitt gets ready to raise money with Trump.

interesting
    unfortunately it appears he may be our next prez
    even though i think ron paul has most votes of em all
    gun control is being able to hit your target

i voted for Paul in the primary in SC, but that's not going to happen. between these two it's a difference of a few shades of color. aside from that, not much difference besides which party they are pandering to.

Nightmare45 is online now NRA LIFE MEMBER

Problem is also that Obama through his own words in recorded speeches, print and documents has made statements that cloud his birth home.

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    Romney's birth certificate evokes his father's controversy - Yahoo! News

wow...real life is better than fiction. time to pull out the popcorn.

and yes i note that it will be construed that while George Romney was born in Mexico, both his parents were "proven" US citizens. just pointing out the funny birther stuff as OvenMitt gets ready to raise money with Trump.
    The "birthers" better pipe down. At least Hawaii was always a territory. Mexico never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Problem is also that Obama through his own words in recorded speeches, print and documents has made statements that cloud his birth home.
    so cloud is wrong, but documented proof of being born in another country is OK? the whole birther movement is that both parents must be natural born citizens (both US citizens and born in the US). If that applies to one, it should apply to the other.

hell, the founding fathers were not natural born citizens by the birthers definition.

Nightmare45 is online now NRA LIFE MEMBER

First of all I am not a birther by any definition, all folks should comply with US LAW. Obama has a history of shall we say LYING. Again you might want to back check his own words in video comments and books. In speech to Veterans he mentioned not only his birth dad but his step dad fought with the US in WWII, math does not work one, if I remember this right, would have been 5 the other maybe 9, could be HARVARD does not teach math well. Fact is the Truth will always out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    First of all I am not a birther by any definition, all folks should comply with US LAW. Obama has a history of shall we say LYING. Again you might want to back check his own words in video comments and books. In speech to Veterans he mentioned not only his birth dad but his step dad fought with the US in WWII, math does not work one, if I remember this right, would have been 5 the other maybe 9, could be HARVARD does not teach math will law. Fact is the Truth will always out.
    I agree, that math wouldnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    so cloud is wrong, but documented proof of being born in another country is OK? the whole birther movement is that both parents must be natural born citizens (both US citizens and born in the US). If that applies to one, it should apply to the other.

hell, the founding fathers were not natural born citizens by the birthers definition.
    I've probably been tagged as the biggest birther on the boards, and I'll say this about that: I would have no problem at all with completely vetting and establishing Romney's eligibility status. Not only no problem with it, I highly recommend it.

The fact is though that Article II eligibility standards mean nothing anymore. Courts have said unequivocally that there is a difference between a 14th Amendment citizen and an Article II natural born citizen as it applies to eligibility to be President, but they have neglected, on purpose or out of abject cowardice I would imagine, to define exactly what those differences are. They have dismissed every case brought trying to find the truth of the matter, not on the grounds of precedence, but on the grounds in every case that the plaintiff had no standing to question Obama's status in court. It is still an unanswered question. You don't answer a question by dismissing it out of hand. You either hear the case and decide it on the merits, or cite precedent and/or existing statutes and laws as the reason for the dismissals.

It makes no difference whatsoever whether Obama is reelected with his questionable eligibility status, or if Romney gets elected with his. This video should explain why I feel this way so strongly, but hey, if Romney's eligibility needs to be thoroughly investigated, bring it on, and let's finally decide what the Article II eleigibility requirements are supposed to really mean while we're at it. It could be that both these usurpers would be found to be ineligible, and I would get a turbo-boost of optimism for this country if that happened.

I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    The "birthers" better pipe down. At least Hawaii was always a territory. Mexico never was.
    Hawaii at the time of 0's birth also allowed births to be registered after the fact/out of the state births. That in itself was enough for some parts of Hawaii's gov't to not accept their own paperwork.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast