November election and the Supreme Court
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

November election and the Supreme Court

This is a discussion on November election and the Supreme Court within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; This is not a swipe at anyone...I just got this a while ago and I side with this person who ...

Default November election and the Supreme Court

This is not a swipe at anyone...I just got this a while ago and I side with this person who sent it to me...

Yes, a very serious threat to our society and recall that FDR tried to “pack” the Supreme Court. Oba is more threating than FDR who was the most dangerous President that I lived through, … until the current “Messiah”.

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election….

"…..if Mitt wins the nomination, as seems very likely, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1. Justice Scalia just turned 78

2. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year

3. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August

4. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this: Supreme Court Justices Eric Holder and Hillary Rodham Clinton".
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Damn scary! You're right though...when you cast your vote, like it friggin matters; think of the repercussions of that vote and the power that the person you are voting in can wield in selecting cabinet, staff, and federal positions. Educate yourself thoroughly and don't throw that vote away as an uneducated voter.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

I'm glad you put this up, because it should be something you consider when choosing a candidate for President. I don't have a clue who Mr. Romney would put on the Supreme Court, but I have a pretty good idea who the current occupier in chief would select. So, if Obama wins re-election by so mischance, no one besides Ginsberg and Stevens gets to retire. They are already so liberal it's discouraging, and Obama would only replace them with equally liberal judges. SOrry judges, if he stays, you stay.

i voted mcain in 08 only because of the supreme court and we got sotomeyer and kagen. We cannot have any more of that, which is why I will vote Romney

Scary, really, really scary.

[QUOTE=Tucker's Mom;319073]This is not a swipe at anyone...I just got this a while ago and I side with this person who sent it to me...

Don't apologize--you are absolutely right. More of these liberal pieces of garbage like the two idiots he has gotten onto the court will set this country back and maybe doom it forever. Congress can stall the President since they control the purse strings--they cannot stall the Supreme Court.

seems to me media is promoting romney and any time the media promotes candidates i know they not the candidates who will stand by the american citizens but rather just another crown corporate a$$ ki$$er
    whilst the media downplays ron paul
    he is the best for protecting the american citizens and our constitution as it gets
    i urge all you romney or bomney voters to take a look at ron paul google him if you don't know who he is and what he stands for and i like his voting record too which shows you clearly his platform
    on internet polls he wins all around hands down as well the majority of military are backing him as well ....the media won't tell you the real numbers .......be aware do your homework
    ok i'm off my soap box now but if you need links i will find them for you and post them
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    seems to me media is promoting romney and any time the media promotes candidates i know they not the candidates who will stand by the american citizens but rather just another crown corporate a$$ ki$$er
    whilst the media downplays ron paul
    he is the best for protecting the american citizens and our constitution as it gets
    i urge all you romney or bomney voters to take a look at ron paul google him if you don't know who he is and what he stands for and i like his voting record too which shows you clearly his platform
    on internet polls he wins all around hands down as well the majority of military are backing him as well ....the media won't tell you the real numbers .......be aware do your homework
    ok i'm off my soap box now but if you need links i will find them for you and post them
    The media is completely in the tank for Obama, I don't know how you can believe they are for Romney. The reason they ignore Paul is that he is not an electable candidate. It is truly a shame because I do agree with most of his positions, unfortunately he inevitably ends up at some point stepping completely out of reality and goes into another planet where he looses most folks.

As far as the original context of the post, while I understand the temptation of voting for someone like Paul, keep in mind that it truly is a wasted vote in an election that is going to be very close and will have a tremendous impact on the future of the Republic. We all have to take a deep breath and use our vote responsibly to ensure we vote for what unfortunately becomes the lesser of the evils, and there is no biggest threat to the country and our way of life than Obama.

If we don't get this rag head wannabe out of office, we will have a liberal supreme court.....
    When liberals run out of other people's right to infridge upon, how many will give up theirs?

We REALLY CAN'T HAVE ANY MORE OF " BARRY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VOTE!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast