An open letter to fans of Ron Paul - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree70Likes

An open letter to fans of Ron Paul

This is a discussion on An open letter to fans of Ron Paul within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; '''if you need a leader, you're not ready for freedom. ''' exactly!...

'''if you need a leader, you're not ready for freedom. '''
    exactly!
    gun control is being able to hit your target

wish I could take credit for it Eagle, lol...

quote stolen from Adam Kokesh

it don't matter who first said it ..what matters is that kind of truth be heard! so i thank you for posting it as i'm certain many wise sages and crones have said the same and or similar throughout the ages
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Oh, really? Well, he is NOT the incoming President any more. If you heard him during the 2008 campaign, you would know that he said, "I will cut the deficit in half during my first term." Instead, he has increased the deficit by about a factor of four.
    Actually Obama has been very sly on this. A deficit is the amount you spend over budget. He has never been able to pass a budget under his watch... therefore he could never have a deficit. However, without a budget he has put our nation nearly 6 trillion dollars in debt.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 06-20-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo (billion to trillion) OOPS!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Got this in an email from a friend: The issue isn't where Obama was born, it's where he is currently living. My friend saw it on a bumper sticker.
    You'd probably like this one.

Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Actually Obama has been very sly on this. A deficit is the amount you spend over budget. He has never been able to pass a budget under his watch... therefore he could never have a deficit. However, without a budget he has put our nation nearly 6 billion dollars in debt.
    Actually, a deficit happens when the Country spends more money than it brings in. I doesn't matter whether a budget has been passed or not.
    Charlie

Also legally government can't spend money that isn't budgeted. Then again the Obama administration has no regard for the rule of law. How's all this wonderful hope and change working for everyone. I know for me change is about all I have left in my pocket.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

Oh, really? Well, he is NOT the incoming President any more. If you heard him during the 2008 campaign, you would know that he said, "I will cut the deficit in half during my first term." Instead, he has increased the deficit by about a factor of four.
    but isn't it also true that the republicans have more than went out of their way to obstruct/destruct every bill which they think might help him achieve anything? as soon as he got into office they set out on a warpath to trip him up every way possible, with the average joe being the unfortunate collateral damage that they couldn't give two squirts about. as long as they get back into office asap, average joe is as always expendable to the republicans. all they have to do is say the magical words 'abortion', 'jesus christ superstar', 'immigration', sprinkle in some 'terrorism' and 'homosexual' and people line up like cannon fodder in WW1 trenches.

i have no love for the democrats, but they do have some good ideas. likewise, i have no love for the republicans, even though they also have a lot of good ideas. unfortunately (in my personal view) the republicans wrap themselves in a lot of things that i find even more stupid than the democrats wrap themselves in.

i think the 'real' republicans (i.e. those pulling the strings) would love nothing more than the return of the 19th century robber barons. i think they saw that as their golden moment and it all went downhill from there, for them. problem is they're trying to sell that image as 'vote for us, you can have it all too', but in reality, they just want you to be their chinaman of the times, since there'll be no regulations/powers that can tell them otherwise. and no, i detest unions.

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    but isn't it also true that the republicans have more than went out of their way to obstruct/destruct every bill which they think might help him achieve anything? as soon as he got into office they set out on a warpath to trip him up every way possible, with the average joe being the unfortunate collateral damage that they couldn't give two squirts about. as long as they get back into office asap, average joe is as always expendable to the republicans. all they have to do is say the magical words 'abortion', 'jesus christ superstar', 'immigration', sprinkle in some 'terrorism' and 'homosexual' and people line up like cannon fodder in WW1 trenches.

i have no love for the democrats, but they do have some good ideas. likewise, i have no love for the republicans, even though they also have a lot of good ideas. unfortunately (in my personal view) the republicans wrap themselves in a lot of things that i find even more stupid than the democrats wrap themselves in.

i think the 'real' republicans (i.e. those pulling the strings) would love nothing more than the return of the 19th century robber barons. i think they saw that as their golden moment and it all went downhill from there, for them. problem is they're trying to sell that image as 'vote for us, you can have it all too', but in reality, they just want you to be their chinaman of the times, since there'll be no regulations/powers that can tell them otherwise. and no, i detest unions.

Mmmm....Kool Aid is yummy!
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Actually, a deficit happens when the Country spends more money than it brings in. I doesn't matter whether a budget has been passed or not.
    CharlieK, thank you for clearing that up for me. It had been taught to me the way I portrayed it, but double checking what you said, you are indeed correct.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123