An open letter to fans of Ron Paul
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

An open letter to fans of Ron Paul

This is a discussion on An open letter to fans of Ron Paul within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; This appears to be a well thought out political strategy. For the near future anyway. Long term the political system ...

Default An open letter to fans of Ron Paul

This appears to be a well thought out political strategy. For the near future anyway. Long term the political system is broken and must be repaired. Wyldekard

The revolution can be evolutionary: An open letter to fans of Ron Paul

By Max Borders 5:12 PM 06/08/2012

"I realize it’s frustrating to hear Sen. Rand Paul endorse someone besides his father — especially a corporatist empty suit who flirts with Keynesianism and who shepherded key aspects of Obamacare into existence as governor of Massachusetts. But before you pounce, renounce and otherwise burn all the bridges, consider that the revolution can be evolutionary."

"There is a very strong argument to be made for letting the body politic bleed longer. That is, one could distance oneself from Romney, hoping he loses to the abysmal Obama in 2012. Then Rand Paul could run in 2016 with the support of both mainstream Republicans and Ron Paul revolutionaries. This is a fine idea except for the bleeding. That is: How much more can the Republic take of a Barack Obama administration? I know, I know. Obama and Romney are little different from your perspective. But consider that a Romney administration that includes Paul’s people — plus a well-composed Congress — could result in something really different from the rapid decline Obama is presiding over. Wishful thinking? No more so than counting on the stars aligning for a Rand Paul revolution four years from now."

Read more: Rand Paul | Romney | The revolution can be evolutionary: An open letter to fans of Ron Paul | The Daily Caller
    “There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.”- Mr. Herbert Garrison
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."- Jeff Cooper
    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."- D. Carnegie

Excellent thinking! Start of building for a better future or continue the downward spiral.

I'm for building a better future. I've had enough downward spiral.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

This country WILL NOT survive another 4 years of Obama.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    This country WILL NOT survive another 4 years of Obama.
    its funny how it becomes an incoming president's fault that he can't fix in one term what his predecessor spent 8 years fracking up. destroying is always much easier than rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    its funny how it becomes an incoming president's fault that he can't fix in one term what his predecessor spent 8 years fracking up. destroying is always much easier than rebuilding.
    Oh, really? Well, he is NOT the incoming President any more. If you heard him during the 2008 campaign, you would know that he said, "I will cut the deficit in half during my first term." Instead, he has increased the deficit by about a factor of four.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    It is not just that he has not rebuilt it, it is that every step he takes is making things worse.
    Besides, Reagan took over a worse economy and by 83 things were turning around enough that he won 49 states in 84.
    Obama's ideology has never worked and never will work

The first two years of Obama's term he had a house and senate controlled by his party. Not even having total control was his party willing to rubber stamp every program he wanted. Now he's out playing the blame Bush card again. Let's not forget the democrats controlled congress the last two years of Bush. Obama was a member of that congress and voted for the so call damage that Bush created. Nobody forced Obama to run for president. He did that on his own. He also told us he was going to fix the damage that Bush has created. He has made things worse and all he can do is blame his predecessor? He's the one that wanted the job. When does he man up and take some responsibility?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Just a thought, does anyone think obama wants to lose? After all, if he wins a second term, he can hardly continue blaming his predecessor for his mistakes.

If we are going to put a Republican in office, then we need to also put a majority of Republicans in both houses of Congress. Otherwise it will be the same old gridlock. How long did the Democrats NOT pass a budget? Even when they were in the majority? Does Obama want to lose? Of course not. He is not done dismantling America yet. And, if he does, how could he stand being less in demand as a speaker than Jimmy Carter? And who will read his books? And who could he blame for his own incompetence? So many questions and only about about5 months to go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast