America is she still Beautiful?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

America is she still Beautiful?

This is a discussion on America is she still Beautiful? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Do you pledge your allegiance to defend and support the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, ...

Default America is she still Beautiful?

Do you pledge your allegiance to defend and support the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic? So help you God.
    I know some folks are going to come up with a few caveats. This isn’t a trick question when after you answer you find out something different or hidden other than many US citizens take this pledge yearly.
    I just want to know, do you love America?
    Let me hear your thoughts.
    "The Bible is the Book upon which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson, Seventh President of the United States

Nice question. Do I love America? Of course I do. I live here permanently. I don't care much when I wasn't living here and I do not know much how this country operates and how the people are different, but having lived here for a good while in this country that gave me my wonderful husband, I do love America and what it stands for. From the many countries hubby and I had travelled around the world, you won't see as much patriotism as I had witnessed here. I hope to God we can prevent these communists taking over this beautiful country. I would hate to see this country give in the demands of a much lesser country and the minorities. If you look at the people here, you know that God blesses this land and his people and that is what makes this country great. Let the detractors get God out of this country and we are doomed.

Just my 10 cents worth of opinion.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

yes of course i love this country; its beautiful places and sacred spaces.... and i do support the constitution and equal rights for ALL peoples regardless of color and creeds cultural backgrounds and or sexual identy , no doubt, here and abroad
    i also love all the other countries on this planet as well their peoples and cultures
    i just wished we could all get along no more wars no hate no greed no bs we must unite as one for all and all for one if we are to carry on in positive way for our future.......allowing folks to do their will so long they not harm another in doing so
    however i won't hesitate to pull a trigger to defend myself or others on my own turf either
    peace
    gun control is being able to hit your target

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Do you pledge your allegiance to defend and support the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic? So help you God.
    I know some folks are going to come up with a few caveats. This isn’t a trick question when after you answer you find out something different or hidden other than many US citizens take this pledge yearly.
    I just want to know, do you love America?
    Let me hear your thoughts.
    I remember the first of the five times I took that oath on 04 Dec 1967. I don't ever remember "untaking it." Nor would I.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

June 23, 1977 I sworn an oath to the Florida and US Constitutions. That will never change.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I took the oath on Oct 16, 1984, turned 26 years old a week later. Two days prior I absentee voted the last vote I cast that I was proud of, to reelect my new Commander-in-Chief.

Don't remember signing a piece of paper when leaving the US Army, US Army Reserves, or MS National Guard that rescinded that oath. Though I am now old and fat, I would gladly join my son (101st Airborne Division) and grandson (82nd Airborne Division), in continued defense of this country.

I have spent the better part of 30 years trying to educate people about what the Constitution says and how its enemies, both foreign and domestic, are trying to subvert it. 11 years of that was spent wearing a uniform.

Never had to dodge or take a bullet defending it. Until the current regime is out of office, that is still a distinct possibility.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Well said all of you. American has her problems, and we can fix them. There is no finer country on the planet. We are still the most free, most generous, and most willing to help people anywhere, and we have every right to be proud. So yes, America is still beautiful and I say the Pledge of Allegiance with feeling.

For those who haven't seen the FULL lyrics to America the Beautiful here they are:
    America the Beautiful
    Words by Katharine Lee Bates,
    Melody by Samuel Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the fruited plain!
    America! America!
    God shed his grace on thee
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
    Whose stern impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare of freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    God mend thine every flaw,
    Confirm thy soul in self-control,
    Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
    In liberating strife.
    Who more than self their country loved
    And mercy more than life!
    America! America!
    May God thy gold refine
    Till all success be nobleness
    And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the enameled plain!
    America! America!
    Till souls wax fair as earth and air
    And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
    Whose stem impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare for freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    Till paths be wrought through
    wilds of thought
    By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
    Of liberating strife
    When once and twice,
    for man's avail
    Men lavished precious life!
    America! America!
    Till selfish gain no longer stain
    The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    Till nobler men keep once again
    Thy whiter jubilee!

Is America still beautiful you asked.... looking at the lyrics of this song... it starts out in the first stanza that America is beautiful naturally. As you go through the lyrics, America is beautiful because of how the people treat it... "God mend thine every flaw, Confirm thy soul in self-control, Thy liberty in law!".... "O beautiful for glory-tale Of liberating strife When once and twice, for man's avail Men lavished precious life!"

She will remain beautiful as long as there are men and women who will nobly defend her, and nobly govern her, and nobly treat her. When those men and women become fewer and fewer this great land of ours will no longer be beautiful.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire
    ... She will remain beautiful as long as there are men and women who will nobly defend her, and nobly govern her, and nobly treat her. When those men and women become fewer and fewer this great land of ours will no longer be beautiful.
    It will still be beautiful no matter what happens...as long as these men and women still feel the beauty in their heart. It comes with the way a generation teaches the next.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

MI .45 is offline MI .45

I really love this country and for all that it stands for. I took the oath in 1969 and will forever believe in it and what it means to be a citizen of this land.

As Lincoln said, "We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth". For 200+ years no other country can rightly justify his statement - could any other country could possibly fill that role? Of course not, and for a variety of reasons... the U.S. is unique in that it was founded on moral principles; a nation of law, not men; men created equal; a system of government where the minority is heard (unlike open democracy); individual rights; and a market based capitalist financial system. The U.S. has the resources, land mass, population, innovation, and an independent industrious people who had the moral fiber to come to the aid financially, economically, and militarily for those in need.

However, my baby boomer generation has genuinely foresaken our imperative to teach our children what it is to be an American. We didn't teach them the history, the ideal, or the requirements. We allowed radical elements to take prayer and patriotism out of school, installed Marxists in education, and let folks burn our flag on the streets. Where unity once ruled - discord abounds; where religion was lauded - it is now denounced; when action was required, we moved - now we contentiously debate without end. A combination of losing America's vision, an unfettered government, croney capitalism, moral terpitude, and too many American's with misguided allegiances or a sence of entitlement have greatly washed out "the dream". Our money has been stolen by the Fed, our rights interpreted, and our representatives are no longer friends of their constituencies. The simple fact that 53% of the voting public voted for a charlatan such as Obama and a substantial portion of the Democrat party continues to support this imposter tells me this beautiful nation and it's ideals are being tarnished more every day. We've elected fools, and the fools are us!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast