Welcome to the New Border Patrol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Welcome to the New Border Patrol

This is a discussion on Welcome to the New Border Patrol within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; The below information was put out by the Border Patrol Council, Local 2544 in Tucson. Whoever issued these instructions for ...

Angry Welcome to the New Border Patrol

The below information was put out by the Border Patrol Council, Local 2544 in Tucson. Whoever issued these instructions for the agents is woefully ignorant of what those men are confronted with on a daily basis. Then to tell them to run and hide from criminals is absolutely ridiculous. If this is what our Dept. of Homeland Security thinks of these men, someone needs to be fired immediately. No self respecting officer will adhere to this policy nor should we expect them to.

06-20-12 In another nauseating series of "Virtual Learning Center" brainwashing courses that Border Patrol agents are forced to sit behind a computer for hours and endure, we are now taught in an "Active Shooter" course that if we encounter a shooter in a public place we are to "run away" and "hide". If we are cornered by such a shooter we are to (only as a last resort) become "aggressive" and "throw things" at him or her. We are then advised to "call law enforcement" and wait for their arrival (presumably, while more innocent victims are slaughtered). Shooting incidents cited in the course are Columbine, the Giffords shooting and the Virginia Tech shooting.

These types of mandatory brainwashing courses and the idiocy that accompanies them are simply stunning when they are force-fed to law enforcement officers. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that any three of the above shootings would have been stopped cold by an off-duty law enforcement officer or a law abiding citizen with a gun. The Fort Hood shooting would have been stopped cold by someone with a gun as well. The shooters in these situations depend on unarmed and scared victims. It gives them the power they seek. We could go on and on with examples of shootings that could have been stopped by someone with a firearm. One of the videos in this course actually shows a terrified female hiding behind a desk as an example of how to "hide" from some deranged shooter. Multiple quizzes throughout the course and a final test ensure repeatedly that we know that we only have three options when encountering some murderous thug in a public place. 1. Run away; 2. Hide; and 3. Only put up a fight as a last resort by acting aggressively and throwing things at the shooter. Not one mention anywhere of "if you are carrying a gun and you have the opportunity take the shooter out". Calling 911 in these instances is obvious, but we all know that waiting on the arrival of uniformed law enforcement will ensure more people are killed, injured, or taken hostage. Telling law enforcement officers that in all instances they are to run away and hide from some thug while innocent victims are butchered is simply inexcusable and pathetic.

It is always comforting to know that for those of us who carry a weapon when we are off-duty, if we should encounter such a situation, stop a shooter and save countless lives, we can look forward to being disciplined or fired by the Border Patrol because we should have run away to hide and then maybe thrown objects at the deranged killer instead of taking action and stopping him with a firearm. This, in addition to the scrutiny and second-guessing that will come from local authorities and the inevitable possibility of lawsuits and criminal conviction.

Welcome to the New Patrol.

Local 2544 - Tucson Arizona

Blog Entries

I read about this on fox news yesterday. I am firmly convinced that Obama is trying to destroy us from within. What's next the police dept. will get orders to just observe when a crime occurs. I've been held up at gunpoint once, the next time anyone tries to do that they will get a surprise.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Un Friggin Believable! I am at a loss for words.
    ~SMFH~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Next time I pass thru a border patrol checkpoint, and I do quite often, I will watch the scurry away.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Un Friggin Believable! I am at a loss for words.
    ~SMFH~
    I'm not as it only takes two words. Stupid policy. You can substitute an A word for stupid if you want.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Border patrol told to avoid a gunfight in new rule book.......
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/29...urse-promotes/
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I am embarrassed to say that I live in a country who's citizens elected this worthless excuse of a human being to be the president of the U.S. I strongly state that he is not my president and I will not honor him or respect him as such. Further, I am convinced that he has appointed the most dishonest, the stupedist, and the greediest people that he can find to be on his cabinet and to be his czars. His actions have spoken very loud to this fact. He and his cronies have already hurt this country in ways we don't even recognize yet. If he has 4 more years, God have mercy on this country. He is evil, he is Satan on this earth. He even supports and encourages the perverted homosexual and lesbian lifestyle, thus making him just as perverted and twisted. Just wait a while to see the destructiveness to our young people. We who are patriots, and we who still value the American way of life of yesteryear must pray fervently that he be defeated in November and we simply must turn up at the polls in record numbers to help it happen. Hopefully, the majority of all law enforcement personnel will always stand for what is right, regardless of what they may be taught in the future.

I'm not that surprised, we did the same thing on a different level in Vietnam. Look how well it worked there. We have the children of that era as our leaders today. We also have some of the same representatives, because we keep re-electing them as a reward for this kind of thinking. If you don't like this kind of ideology why re-elect it?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

We discussed this with a CBP agent yesterday. As he prepped his AR for a trip to the range. He said that is what he'd hide behind.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

As with all of the other idiotic policies of the Obama Regime the orders come directly from the top. This man is far too narcissistic to delegate authority. In his warped philosophical views, law enforcement and not the illegal aliens and other criminals is the enemy. Obama and Holder are the enemies within. From their actions it is becoming more obvious that their goal is the destruction the United States and our culture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast