Liberty Lovers Regarded as Terrorists?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Liberty Lovers Regarded as Terrorists?

This is a discussion on Liberty Lovers Regarded as Terrorists? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; As a veteran, I am considered a terrorist. As a gun owner, I am considered a terrorist. I have an ...

Default Liberty Lovers Regarded as Terrorists?

As a veteran, I am considered a terrorist. As a gun owner, I am considered a terrorist. I have an American flag, that makers me a terrorist. I am living and breathing as a free man, that makes me a terrorist. I am a Christian, that makes me a terrorist. Damn, I guess that makes most of the people on here terrorists! If the government keeps screwing with us I guess we will, by necessity, become revolutionists and take back our freedoms. Who woulda thunk it? Wonder what the guv'ment would think if all the State Governors told Washington to take a flying kiss at a rolling doughnut? Let's see, what is the word.....secession? Impeaching everyone within the Belt Line might work wonders!

Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty” deemed domestic threat

By Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

Entitled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF), the study was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland.

The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars.

While largely omitting Islamic terrorism - the report fails completely to mention the 1993 World Trade Center bombing – the study focuses on Americans who hold beliefs shared by the vast majority of conservatives and libertarians and puts them in the context of radical extremism.

The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

The report also lists people opposed to abortion and “groups that seek to smite the purported enemies of God and other evildoers” as terrorists.

As we have exhaustively documented on numerous occasions, federal authorities and particularly the Department of Homeland Security have been involved in producing a deluge of literature which portrays liberty lovers and small government advocates as terrorists.

The most flagrant example was the infamous 2009 MIAC report, published by the Missouri Information Analysis Center and first revealed by Infowars, which framed Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag, as potential terrorists.

The rush to denounce legitimate political beliefs as thought crimes, or even mundane behaviors, by insinuating they are shared by terrorists, has accelerated in recent months.

Under the FBI’s Communities Against Terrorism program, the bulk purchase of food is labeled as a potential indication of terrorist activity, as is using cash to pay for a cup of coffee, and showing an interest in web privacy when using the Internet in a public place.

As we have documented on numerous occasions, the federal government routinely characterizes mundane behavior as extremist activity or a potential indicator of terrorist intent.

As part of its ‘See Something, Say Something’ campaign, the Department of Homeland Security educates the public that generic activities performed by millions of people every day, including using a video camera, talking to police officers, wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a piece of paper, and using a cell phone recording application,” are all potential signs of terrorist activity.

The DHS stoked controversy last year when it released a series of videos to promote the See Something, Say Something campaign in which almost all of the terrorists portrayed in the PSAs were white Americans.

Reverent of individual liberty... Seriously?!?

So the government wants everybody to be part of the free world, they just aren't supposed to want the freedoms that come with it?!?
    "I simply admit to not knowing that which ignorant men claim to be sure of."

wow, we have to come together and quick.
    this has happened before.

Our government is beginning to fear those of us who retain traditional and patriotic American values. This is good in the way they are realizing that they can't just yank us around as they please, but bad in the way that they will attempt to shut us out with legislation. Stay strong, fellow Americans.

i've read that or something very similar before and agree their bogus war on terror isn't meant to end .....it's just a continuation of the witch hunts and demonizing of well meaning citizens ...... they put labels on folks to justify torturing killing and or imprisoning them
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Wow. I qualify on every single line-item. Good. I must be doing it right.

I generally don't like or trust infowars.com, but I went ahead and searched on this piece and found it. They linked to the report itself, so there ya go, read it and see how our "constitutional, representative republic" is working to protect our "freedoms." We have the "freedom" to choose between shackles lined with fur through compliance and cowardice, or hard, cold shackles that only a fight for liberation and survival can free us from.

If y'all think this stuff goes away under Romney, then you might as well march on down to your local DHS office and get fitted for your fur-lined shackles.

If you think turning over Congress again, like we did just two short years ago, will put a stop to this abuse of our birthright of liberty, do likewise.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace! But there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    Patrick Henry -- St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia
    March 23, 1775.
    Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

According to that list, most of us would be on the FBI's Most Wanted List. Gulags and Firing Squads next?

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

When are they going to learn that they can't keep these "reports" secret and that we'll all learn of them shortly after they are disseminated?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

According to this report, I find myself in good company! King George probably called George Washington a terrorist after Trenton too.

I also would qualify as a terrorist under these stupid guidelines. I fly the flag, belong to a teaparty along with the other seniors in the area, believe in the literal interpretation of the Constitution, and cling to God and guns. Everything in this country is upside down. This county has become a progressive Utopia like that in Orwell's "1984". The progressive plan for the destruction of this republic has been under way for a century. It has accelerated under Obama; and he will probably get to preside over the total destruction of the US and western civilization.

I hope all is not lost. I will do all that I can to preserve the ideals of a nation that was once the the envy of the world. The fight may already be over; but God willing, there are still enough patriots left who are willing to sacrifice for this nation.Get out and vote. Stop asking the government for things and stand on your own feet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast