Our borders are secure or must be...right?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By whitefeather
  • 1 Post By johnney
  • 3 Post By araczynski

Our borders are secure or must be...right?

This is a discussion on Our borders are secure or must be...right? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; They way I see it, the only reason to close down border patrol stations is because we have accomplished the ...

Default Our borders are secure or must be...right?

They way I see it, the only reason to close down border patrol stations is because we have accomplished the goal of securing our border or we are going to rebuild them bigger to house increased numbers of enforcement agents. Any other decision could be considered ignorant, asinine and just shy of treason.

"The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves. "

Read more: Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm | Fox News
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    They way I see it, the only reason to close down border patrol stations is because we have accomplished the goal of securing our border or we are going to rebuild them bigger to house increased numbers of enforcement agents. Any other decision could be considered ignorant, asinine and just shy of treason.

"The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves. "
    The cynical side of me says that we have an election coming up and Obama needs all the votes he can get.
    The balance of me says the same. :)
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

He's going try to do the same thing gray Davis did before he was ousted. Trying to get the Latino vote by making it easier for them to slip into the country illegally.

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

it also says that most (all?) of the affected stations are INSIDE states, not on the national border, and that they're looking to reassign the personnel to be closer to the actual border.

they are border patrol, not state police. they should be working the borders exclusively anyway.

then again, i think the national guard is what should be on the border myself, you know, to guard the nation.