Video: I don't need to stop at a checkpoint b/c this is America - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Video: I don't need to stop at a checkpoint b/c this is America

This is a discussion on Video: I don't need to stop at a checkpoint b/c this is America within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; @BluesStringer "To anyone who still believes that passive compliance is in our "best interests," I suggest to you that compliance ...

Blog Entries

@BluesStringer

"To anyone who still believes that passive compliance is in our "best interests," I suggest to you that compliance will only ever engender more abuses of authority."
    "Nazi checkpoints"???
    Man, you're on a roll aren't you?
    What you don't see in the video of the pastor at the check point is what led up to that point. Judging by the sound of the pastor's voice, he
    intended to be confrontational and at that point had no intention of complying with any of those officers. His choice. What you seem to see as an act of bravery and patriotism I see as an act of stupidity and arrogance. Seems to me that all of that could have been avoided, but like I said, we don't see in the video what led up to that point.

I've been going through the BP check points in various locations around Texas and the US for 40+ years now and I've NEVER had problem with them. NEVER. They have always been professional and courteous and as I have always observed, they treat you like you treat them. Being sarcastic and confrontational alerts them to someone that most likely has something to hide and that just gets the ball rolling down hill.

Like I said before, when DHS starts setting up check points for no valid reason then it is time for civil disobedience and to challenge their reason for even being there. Tough choices are going to have to be made and some people will likely end up in jail if it gets that far, but ranting and railing against the BP/Customs agents is taking the wrong stance at the wrong time against the wrong people who are just legally doing their job.
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

the nazi soldiers were 'just obeying orders too' ......doing their job blindly not seeing the bigger picture for the most part for the evil and horror of taking citizens rights and lives .......
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Blog Entries

Now I remember why I don't bother reading these posts too often any more.
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

Flanmedic51 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    Stupid. There was no context given to the video. Just another baiter looking for 15mins of fame. Kinda like those guys that open carry and film it for kicks.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    @BluesStringer

"To anyone who still believes that passive compliance is in our "best interests," I suggest to you that compliance will only ever engender more abuses of authority."
    "Nazi checkpoints"???
    Man, you're on a roll aren't you?
    I call 'em as I see 'em.

What you don't see in the video of the pastor at the check point is what led up to that point. Judging by the sound of the pastor's voice, he
    intended to be confrontational and at that point had no intention of complying with any of those officers. His choice.
    First, we're now talking about two instances at a Nazi checkpoint, the one in the OP which happened recently, and the one that I posted about which happened in '09. But that's alright, because the same thing "led up" to the incidents in both cases. What led up to them was he was driving down the freeway minding his own business when he was illegally stopped and questioned in both cases, and stopped, questioned, searched, car-jacked, tazed, beaten and made to wait in the station while bleeding in the '09 case. ZERO probable cause in either case. It was not "his choice." His choice was to ask to go on his way as he wasn't doing anything wrong, and the cops illegally broke into his car, ground his face into the broken glass requiring several stitches, tazed him, beat him and ridiculed and taunted him while he sat in the station bleeding. Are these your kind of "protectors" of our freedoms? They are decidedly not mine.

Did you watch any of the trial vids that I linked to? He won on every single count, and his charges were all dropped in the '09 case.

What you seem to see as an act of bravery and patriotism I see as an act of stupidity and arrogance. Seems to me that all of that could have been avoided, but like I said, we don't see in the video what led up to that point.
    If you already know that the judge in the '09 incident ruled the entire stop wasn't worthy of taking to trial, what possible advantage is there to knowing what "led up to" the stop? All he was doing was driving home from a trip to San Diego. He lives in the Phoenix area and has had to deal with these stops for years, knowing enough about the Constitution to know that every single time he was stopped, his rights were violated. Yeah, he quit cooperating and started filming every stop. Are you aware that SCOTUS has also ruled that filming a public "servant" in the performance of their duties is just as legal as driving down the road without it being all the reason a LEO can use to violate your 4th Amendment rights? Anderson was complying and cooperating with the law, the Nazis were not.

I've been going through the BP check points in various locations around Texas and the US for 40+ years now and I've NEVER had problem with them. NEVER. They have always been professional and courteous and as I have always observed, they treat you like you treat them. Being sarcastic and confrontational alerts them to someone that most likely has something to hide and that just gets the ball rolling down hill.
    Pastor Anderson had nothing to hide at all, as subsequently proven in the '09 incident when his car was torn apart after it was broken into and he was tazed, beaten, ridiculed, taunted and made to wait while bleeding for medical attention. What he did have was his rights and the knowledge that they will never be defended by government if we don't force them to confront and punish those who violate them. He did that in court, and because he did, yours and mine and everyone else's rights are just a tiny bit more secure right now. Pretty stupid and arrogant of him to deign to cite his constitutional rights and win, ain't it though? Use it or lose it my friend, use it or lose it.

Like I said before, when DHS starts setting up check points for no valid reason then it is time for civil disobedience and to challenge their reason for even being there.
    Border Patrol is under DHS! And asking why they were even there violating his rights is exactly what Pastor Anderson was doing in both cases.

Tough choices are going to have to be made and some people will likely end up in jail if it gets that far
    Pastor Anderson makes those tough choices every single time he is harassed at one of those Nazi checkpoints, and he ended up with big-time property damage (his car), getting tazed multiple times, being beaten, ridiculed and taunted and went to jail for doing absolutely nothing wrong!

but ranting and railing against the BP/Customs agents is taking the wrong stance at the wrong time against the wrong people who are just legally doing their job.
    How do cops, whether local or federal, "legally" do their jobs once the job their colleagues did in the '09 case on the same subject were ruled to be illegal? The fact is, Pastor Anderson took the right stance at precisely the right time against the right people who were acting illegally by stopping and searching him with zero probable cause. The judge agreed with that assessment at trial in the '09 case, and it seems just as good of evidence that the Nazi wannabes knew they were doing wrong in the recent case in the OP, because when the supervisor got there, he immediately let him go. What more do you need to figure out that standing up to tyrants is the only way to make them stand down?

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

BP used to have one less than 6 miles from here. Searching for illegal Cuban boatlift people.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    BP used to have one less than 6 miles from here. Searching for illegal Cuban boatlift people.
    Was that near a coast, or 60 to 80 miles inland like the one that Anderson got beaten up at in '09?
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Well, I guess we should all stop complaining about the illegals in this country then. You can't have it both ways, We complain about the illegals coming into our country
    and taking advantage of all the resources that our tax dollars provide and how we can't believe that our government would grant amnesty to such people. Then we complain about whats being done to prevent it. It's not as if the illegals say " Oh we're 20-30 miles across the border let's just stop here this is far enough". No! They flood every region of our country and suck it dry.... What is the alternative? Racial profiling?? If I'm any other nationality other than mexican leave me the F alone?we all need to make up our minds.....
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletap View Post
    Well, I guess we should all stop complaining about the illegals in this country then. You can't have it both ways, We complain about the illegals coming into our country
    and taking advantage of all the resources that our tax dollars provide and how we can't believe that our government would grant amnesty to such people. Then we complain about whats being done to prevent it. It's not as if the illegals say " Oh we're 20-30 miles across the border let's just stop here this is far enough". No! They flood every region of our country and suck it dry.... What is the alternative? Racial profiling?? If I'm any other nationality other than mexican leave me the F alone?we all need to make up our minds.....
    Yes. The alternative IS profiling. It's been done by the Israelis for decades to their benefit. Political correctness has lowered our security to the lowest level it has ever been, IMHO. Everything being done now is a miserable failure so maybe we should give profiling a shot.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

police profile all the time and we all should for our own safety if it looks like a thug walks like a thug talks like a thug chances are it's a thug........but the most dangerous criminals on largest scales wear suits and ties and most of us never come face to face with those psychopatic sociopaths as they hid behind well armed armies and closed doors
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast