Conservative tax payers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Conservative tax payers.

This is a discussion on Conservative tax payers. within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; What if all the Conservative tax payers moved to Canada for 6 weeks. 1st of the month would come and ...

Default Conservative tax payers.

What if all the Conservative tax payers moved to Canada for 6 weeks. 1st of the month would come and go. Two more weeks for the streets to clear and the fires to die down. Wonder what the country would look like if they didn't have us paying our fair share? Wonder how many of the so called rich are conservative? How many business owners? Supposedly around 50% of our citizens are not paying taxes..... Interesting thought.

I wonder? How much someone working full time and taking home $12000 dollars a year should pay? Seeing as how they do pay about 12% FICA. and at least here 10% sales tax on everything they buy..even food. And 17c on the gallon for gas. I think thats where most of the "people who don't pay taxes" are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimh4662 View Post
    What if all the Conservative tax payers moved to Canada for 6 weeks. 1st of the month would come and go. Two more weeks for the streets to clear and the fires to die down. Wonder what the country would look like if they didn't have us paying our fair share? Wonder how many of the so called rich are conservative? How many business owners? Supposedly around 50% of our citizens are not paying taxes..... Interesting thought.
    But when we all come back, we'll have to pay taxes! I'm not sure what the time frame is, but I think you have to be out of the country more than 6 weeks to not pay taxes on the money you earn.

Quote Originally Posted by zedthehead View Post
    I wonder? How much someone working full time and taking home $12000 dollars a year should pay? Seeing as how they do pay about 12% FICA. and at least here 10% sales tax on everything they buy..even food. And 17c on the gallon for gas. I think thats where most of the "people who don't pay taxes" are right now.
    40 hrs a week x 52 weeks = 2080 hours. Taking home $12000 a year is $5.77 an hour take home. Anyone in that situation can only blame themselves, although most don't.
    The answer to your question is, they should pay the same percentage as the person who is worth $100,000 a year, or a million.

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

Fairtax.org

It's that easy. Love it.

If one wants to see what happens when conservative taxpayers leave look at states like NY, NJ, CA, IL,MI, and several other liberal states. Many residents of these liberal paradises are leaving for free states like Texas. The job creators and bill payers leave and the societal parasites remain. These states then hover on bankruptcy, They are unable to pay gov. workers, extravagant pensions are unfunded, and their welfare systems suck the remaining life out of the states. Obama is trying to do same for the entire country so that there is no longer an avenue of escape. Our government may have to build a wall like the Soviets did. In this way the producers can be made slaves to the parasitic culture of the leftists.

Yea the current tax code penalizes success. There should be a flat rate that everyone pays. Fairtax sounds like a feasible option.

Both a flat tax and national sales tax.
    Flat tax begins at dollar one, and all payoffs to special interests (deductions) are eliminated.
    Supplement with a national sales tax, small, and you are done. Everyone contributes in some way or other.
    And the national sales tax is small enough that it is on everything, food, homes, clothing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Both a flat tax and national sales tax.
    Flat tax begins at dollar one, and all payoffs to special interests (deductions) are eliminated.
    Supplement with a national sales tax, small, and you are done. Everyone contributes in some way or other.
    And the national sales tax is small enough that it is on everything, food, homes, clothing, etc.
    Guess you don't believe in past performance. A small national sales tax? So you trust your Congress to never raise your taxes. It's one or the other. So we have any money left in our pockets you must eliminate the IRS and the income tax for a national sales tax to work, That is what I favor for many reasons. It it is a flat tax income tax that would be fine but no national sales tax. Taxes may be necessary but all are regressive to the economy. The best plan for a flat tax was Steve Forbes'. but it seems at the time no one wanted a "rich guy" as President.doesn't anyone think things out or through in light of past precedent or history?
    Your post sounds so nice and easy. Be honest I bet you call yourself a "moderate" and believe that compromise is the best way to govern!
    NRA Life Member

Hey buddy, so sorry about being hard but losing a bit of patience with "shortsightedness " about the things that have so great an impact on us and the US!
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast