Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree56Likes

Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving...

This is a discussion on Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving... within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by longslide10 People are afraid to make the first move I think. There is no organization in this ...

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    People are afraid to make the first move I think. There is no organization in this country anymore, some have tried and we see what happens on TV. Everyone is too individualistic and don't want to be bothered and that's exactly what we've been trained to do by that big square babysitter in our living room and the school system. Divide and conquer they did. I think we've been somewhat tranquilized by fluoridated water too.
    The First move is at the ballot box.
    Get informed, get involved get others involved vote as a group. That is what ACORN did. That is what we have to do.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    1) If you lose your soul voting for a baby-killer, what good is voting going to do you then?

2) If you lose your guns voting for a gun-grabber, what good is voting going to do you then?

3) As far as Romney's ability to turn the economy around to the extent needed to actually prevent a total collapse, let's investigate that a little. The following numbers are a little outdated. We're about $1.7 Trillion above the $14.27 Trillion that shows below, but the point is still valid:

U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
    Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
    New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
    National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
    Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

All those zeros kinda make your eyes glaze over, don't they? So let's remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget to put the problem into perspective:

Annual family income: $21,700
    Money the family spent: $38,200
    New debt on the credit card: $16,500
    Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
    Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Got it?????

If the economy collapses because Romney can't find more than about $40 bucks worth of budget cuts on an outstanding debt of $142,710, what good is voting going to do you then?

I don't care if you vote for Romney. I don't care if anyone votes for Romney. But I can't help being sick to death of people posting as though their decision to vote is going to save this country from anything, while in the same breath trying to guilt non-voters into changing their decision of conscience to not vote for a man whose record is barely distinguishable from that of Barack Hussein Obama aka: Barry Soetero on abortion, and even worse on gun control. If the small arms treaty gets passed this Fall, do you think Romney will do anything about it? I'm not even sure there's a constitutional mechanism for getting out of a treaty, but even less sure that Romney would pursue it if there is.

As to the OP, yeah, I do know why the Patriot Movement isn't moving. Patriots and constitutional conservatives eat their own all the time. Bush tried to change SSI towards a privatized system of investment. Conservatives ran from it like their hair was on fire. Private investment = conservative. 100% government controlled = progressive liberal. SSI = progressive liberal to begin with, so all Bush tried to do was turn it into a kind of hybrid system anyway. Even that was too conservative for the "conservatives" in this country. And what are our answers to this trend? Dole...McCain...Romney.

Constitutional conservatives eat their own. Look at all the more vocal, or extreeeeeme members of the Patriot Movement who have been silenced by being jailed. Who here ever heard of Charles Dyer? He was a YouTube'er who went under the moniker of July4Patriot. The very day that the government went after him, OathKeepers scrubbed his name from their website. Not a whimper from all the people who had been recruited by Charles to make that website a virtual overnight success just a year or so prior.

What constitutional conservatives showed up to stand against the assault by jack-booted thugs on Mt. Carmel, TX, more commonly known as the Waco incident? What happened to the people who participated in incinerating 75 men, women and children? Most of them were American citizens whose lives were steeped in the founding principles of freedom of religion, self-reliance, keeping and bearing, rugged individualism. Conservatives ignored them and the assault. Think Romney's DOJ would handle an event like that any differently than Clinton's did? Well, maybe he wouldn't incinerate them, but they'd have still disarmed the freakish cult up there on the Mount.

Why did conservatives take a stand against the Minuteman Project almost from the start? Citizens working with LE agencies to protect the integrity of our borders in a safe and humanitarian manner seems pretty compatible with conservatism to me. Nope. Conservatives by and large not only couldn't be bothered, they made speeches on the House and Senate floors denouncing and impugning the effort.

Where were the conservatives when survivors of Katrina were being systematically disarmed by nationalized Guard units going door-to-door? Could the gutless, spineless "conservatives" around the country be counted upon to support the true Patriots who stood up to those Guard units with their guns in a glorious display of righteous indignation? I seriously doubt it. Very little has ever been said about the disarming. Anything said about a courageous constitutional conservative protecting his own rights the same way the Founders did would be against him, not in support of him.

When conservatives can agree that being a conservative requires action, not just thought or talk, then maybe a real movement can be launched. But as long as "conservative" thought is accepted like those and other examples listed above, there's no Patriot Movement moving because there are no true Patriots to the Constitution.

A Patriot's freedom is exactly commensurate with his willingness to pull a trigger to defend it. Counting on Romney to either protect what little we have left, or get back what we have ceded without so much as a unified whimper is not an exercise in patriotism, it's an exercise in futility. You're welcome to do it. All I ask is that I be welcome to do what I think is best for me, my soul, my conscience, my family and my country.

Blues
    Blues, you know I agree with you, though I feel that I must add that Republican and conservative is not one in the same. Bush wasn't one and neither is any of the Senate republican leadership. And neither is Romney.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    Blues, you know I agree with you, though I feel that I must add that Republican and conservative is not one in the same. Bush wasn't one and neither is any of the Senate republican leadership. And neither is Romney.
    Agree wholeheartedly Brother. But where were the real conservatives in the events I mentioned? Were they on the border en mass with the Minutemen? Were they standing between the murderers at Waco and the men, women and children who were burned alive for their unacceptable religious practices? And so on.

If true conservatives are the main body of the Patriot Movement, then the examples I gave are the answer to why there's no movement in the Movement. True conservatives aren't moving to support true conservative causes, aren't moving to vote out establishment Republicans, aren't moving to hold RINOs accountable for their progressive voting records, and instead, are moving to marginalize and impugn those of us who do do those things. We eat our own. It's undeniable.

Romney is a globalist and a progressive. I am a constitutional conservative who will not reward his betrayals to the Constitution with my vote, and yet I'm one of the "apathetic" and "lazy" people responsible for Obama being in office. Unfortunately, many who consider themselves to be members of the Movement neither understand the word "movement" or the word "Patriot." Voting for Romney is neither indicative nor consistent with the true meaning of either word.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

If there is any hope, I think it lies with the "new" conservatives, the monster that is in the process of being awakened.

I told a guy the other day....regardless of my political position, my real love is for America. I am a conservative only because I know that it is the best for America. I'm afraid that too many old-time conservatives are in love with the ideology and not what it stands for. Others are just completely fake.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    And who is it that determines what the "truth" is?

Maybe the author was determined to slap the 87% in the face, I dunno, but the article reeks of "I know what's best for you! Do as I say" and that is no worse than getting the same from the MSM.

The article is bunk until it gets to the last 4 sentences and I believe every citizen would strive to do those 4 actions if they knew what to look for and how to act on it. The article fell short of giving constructive guidance how to accomplish what it suggests.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

I know that this sounds pretty pessimistic, but I really am not sure that our country can survive anyway. The government was not set up to govern a secular people, it was designed specifically to govern a religious people....people who could be depended on for the most part to always do the right thing.....when the cops AREN'T watching, because they know that their God IS ALWAYS watching.

The Constitution was created to keep power from corrupting the leadership, and the laws were to guide the small number of people who could not be trusted to always do the right thing.

Men immediately started trying to figure out how to get around the Constitution to gain power....Madison, Jefferson, and Adams were still alive when the Missouri Compromise was enacted, the first really extra-Consititional act by the government.

But the people were basically still "good" until well into the last century.

Our Constitution, in the hands of a non-religious leadership, leaves us at the mercy of the despots. There is no death penalty for being a despot. There never is. It always is part of a revolution.

If there is any hope for us as a country, it will be at the ballot-box, with a majority of the people doing the right thing.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Kind of tough to do the right thing at the ballot box when the right thing isn't on the ballot.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Kind of tough to do the right thing at the ballot box when the right thing isn't on the ballot.
    Agreed but cleaning out Congress probably is more important than who the president is anyway....as long as its not Obama.

I'm not saying that all Republicans can be trusted to do the right thing, but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that all Democrats can be trusted to never do the right thing as long as the current leadership is in power, and their obvious successors remain in the chute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12