Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving...

This is a discussion on Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving... within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Why the Patriot Movement Just Isn't "Moving"...

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Arrow Why the Patriot movement just isn't moving...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Amen brother. (15 characters) III%

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

This is a good description of the situation in which most find ourselves. The problem is that most conservatives in this country do not have the history of violence and revolution that the left has. Of course there always exceptions. Most conservatives don't like conflict and violence and deeply believe in the rule of law. They tend to be older people who simply don't want any trouble. They will not defend their opinions, way of life, or even their lives unless their backs are against the wall. They are patriotic and find it difficult to believe that their government is working to destroy everything they believe. People are gradually awakening to the danger we are in. I hope it is in time to save this country. The left may regret awakening the "sleeping giant".

Another great read Gunner, thank you.

People are afraid to make the first move I think. There is no organization in this country anymore, some have tried and we see what happens on TV. Everyone is too individualistic and don't want to be bothered and that's exactly what we've been trained to do by that big square babysitter in our living room and the school system. Divide and conquer they did. I think we've been somewhat tranquilized by fluoridated water too.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

I my opinion the Patriotic Movement in in full swing. Conservative don't tend to burn their neighborhoods to get noticed. I've found it best to be quiet and get to know the enemy before the battle. The main stream media will do it's best to down play this movement. The main stream media will do it's best to cover their chosen one in a good light to the bitter end.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

First let me say the Bucky's analysis is excellent.

But I agree with fuhr. I started educating people 30 years ago. Of course until 2008-2009, most people laughed in my face. It is a tough thing to swallow. Today, people still walk up to me, or find me on Facebook, to thank me. Yes, they thought I was crazy then, but they saw I was right within months of the election.

Today, more people than I ever could have imagined now know. How many people reading this had no clue 5, 10 years ago? The tea parties are full of people educating others. Yes, you don't see them, but it is happening. Rush Limbaugh's already huge audience has likely doubled since the election, if not, it is damn close. Glenn Beck has a following that no one could ever imagine, especially him. Fox News' ratings make the rest of cable news laughable. How many conservative talk show hosts have national familiarity? And how many liberal hosts?

No one is looking in the right places. What about the 2010 congressional elections, and various other elections since 2008? They didn't just happen. Patriots got out to vote.

Now, if you are looking for militias, etc, etc, etc, etc....it ain't gonna happen. Not until the feces hits the fan. Maybe it will be too late. But not everyone will be blindsided.

But...record numbers of guns and ammo are being purchased.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

I hope you're right about American patriots waking up. I want to believe there is hope for this country. What worries me is that 44-47% who continue to support Ohama. What the hell is the matter with these people? A large number of people know this country is moving in the wrong direction; yet, a large percentage of the same people are going to vote for the person who is responsible for the wrong direction. Then we have some conservatives and libertarians who will not vote for Obama or Romney. They will waste their vote on a third party or or just stay home. With the most important election in my lifetime we do not have luxury of a protest vote. If we no longer have a country what good is your protest vote going to do then?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Then we have some conservatives and libertarians who will not vote for Obama or Romney. They will waste their vote on a third party or or just stay home. With the most important election in my lifetime we do not have luxury of a protest vote. If we no longer have a country what good is your protest vote going to do then?
    1) If you lose your soul voting for a baby-killer, what good is voting going to do you then?

2) If you lose your guns voting for a gun-grabber, what good is voting going to do you then?

3) As far as Romney's ability to turn the economy around to the extent needed to actually prevent a total collapse, let's investigate that a little. The following numbers are a little outdated. We're about $1.7 Trillion above the $14.27 Trillion that shows below, but the point is still valid:

U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
    Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
    New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
    National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
    Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

All those zeros kinda make your eyes glaze over, don't they? So let's remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget to put the problem into perspective:

Annual family income: $21,700
    Money the family spent: $38,200
    New debt on the credit card: $16,500
    Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
    Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

Got it?????

If the economy collapses because Romney can't find more than about $40 bucks worth of budget cuts on an outstanding debt of $142,710, what good is voting going to do you then?

I don't care if you vote for Romney. I don't care if anyone votes for Romney. But I can't help being sick to death of people posting as though their decision to vote is going to save this country from anything, while in the same breath trying to guilt non-voters into changing their decision of conscience to not vote for a man whose record is barely distinguishable from that of Barack Hussein Obama aka: Barry Soetero on abortion, and even worse on gun control. If the small arms treaty gets passed this Fall, do you think Romney will do anything about it? I'm not even sure there's a constitutional mechanism for getting out of a treaty, but even less sure that Romney would pursue it if there is.

As to the OP, yeah, I do know why the Patriot Movement isn't moving. Patriots and constitutional conservatives eat their own all the time. Bush tried to change SSI towards a privatized system of investment. Conservatives ran from it like their hair was on fire. Private investment = conservative. 100% government controlled = progressive liberal. SSI = progressive liberal to begin with, so all Bush tried to do was turn it into a kind of hybrid system anyway. Even that was too conservative for the "conservatives" in this country. And what are our answers to this trend? Dole...McCain...Romney.

Constitutional conservatives eat their own. Look at all the more vocal, or extreeeeeme members of the Patriot Movement who have been silenced by being jailed. Who here ever heard of Charles Dyer? He was a YouTube'er who went under the moniker of July4Patriot. The very day that the government went after him, OathKeepers scrubbed his name from their website. Not a whimper from all the people who had been recruited by Charles to make that website a virtual overnight success just a year or so prior.

What constitutional conservatives showed up to stand against the assault by jack-booted thugs on Mt. Carmel, TX, more commonly known as the Waco incident? What happened to the people who participated in incinerating 75 men, women and children? Most of them were American citizens whose lives were steeped in the founding principles of freedom of religion, self-reliance, keeping and bearing, rugged individualism. Conservatives ignored them and the assault. Think Romney's DOJ would handle an event like that any differently than Clinton's did? Well, maybe he wouldn't incinerate them, but they'd have still disarmed the freakish cult up there on the Mount.

Why did conservatives take a stand against the Minuteman Project almost from the start? Citizens working with LE agencies to protect the integrity of our borders in a safe and humanitarian manner seems pretty compatible with conservatism to me. Nope. Conservatives by and large not only couldn't be bothered, they made speeches on the House and Senate floors denouncing and impugning the effort.

Where were the conservatives when survivors of Katrina were being systematically disarmed by nationalized Guard units going door-to-door? Could the gutless, spineless "conservatives" around the country be counted upon to support the true Patriots who stood up to those Guard units with their guns in a glorious display of righteous indignation? I seriously doubt it. Very little has ever been said about the disarming. Anything said about a courageous constitutional conservative protecting his own rights the same way the Founders did would be against him, not in support of him.

When conservatives can agree that being a conservative requires action, not just thought or talk, then maybe a real movement can be launched. But as long as "conservative" thought is accepted like those and other examples listed above, there's no Patriot Movement moving because there are no true Patriots to the Constitution.

A Patriot's freedom is exactly commensurate with his willingness to pull a trigger to defend it. Counting on Romney to either protect what little we have left, or get back what we have ceded without so much as a unified whimper is not an exercise in patriotism, it's an exercise in futility. You're welcome to do it. All I ask is that I be welcome to do what I think is best for me, my soul, my conscience, my family and my country.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Amen brother. (15 characters) III%
    III% er Hmmm catchy. I like it.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast