Say it ain't so! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Say it ain't so!

This is a discussion on Say it ain't so! within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Colorado is definitely a "purple state". They have only voted twice for Democratic presidents, Obama in 2008 and Clinton in ...

Colorado is definitely a "purple state". They have only voted twice for Democratic presidents, Obama in 2008 and Clinton in 1992, and the latter probably had to do with Perot's running.

It is somewhat liberal to be considered a red state, but definitely too conservative to be considered a blue one.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Maybe its because the UN Clinton ATT vote is comming up and the Dems don't want to be blamed for the guns being taken from us.

Quote Originally Posted by GLADad View Post
    Anyone who can think rationally will agree that almost all crimes have nothing to do with guns, they are just a tool used by criminals that hopefully are countered with more guns from the good guys.
    It doesn't matter what is used, if a person is determined to commit a crime, he will find an instrument to use. If there were no guns, he might use a ball bat, a rock, a 2x4 or something else with which to inflict harm. Everything can not be banned. We would all have to walk around naked, no belts no scarves or article of clothing with which one might be strangled. Even that wouldn't work. There are those with the mindset that guns are bad and should not be in the hands of the common folks. After all, they might be used to fight a corrupt government. We wouldn't want that.......or would we? I firmly believe the government does not want us to be able to protect ourselves under any circumstances. Guns, under the current administration and others of the leftist elite, will always be a target and, if at all possible, will be banned. That is only going to do one thing, cause the cost of a gun to skyrocket on the black market. There is no way in hell the government will ever get all of our guns! Ask the Canadians how their long gun registration worked out and all the money they wasted trying.

Do not get your hope up after all this is an election year.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    It doesn't matter what is used, if a person is determined to commit a crime, he will find an instrument to use. If there were no guns, he might use a ball bat, a rock, a 2x4 or something else with which to inflict harm. Everything can not be banned. We would all have to walk around naked, no belts no scarves or article of clothing with which one might be strangled. Even that wouldn't work. There are those with the mindset that guns are bad and should not be in the hands of the common folks. After all, they might be used to fight a corrupt government. We wouldn't want that.......or would we? I firmly believe the government does not want us to be able to protect ourselves under any circumstances. Guns, under the current administration and others of the leftist elite, will always be a target and, if at all possible, will be banned. That is only going to do one thing, cause the cost of a gun to skyrocket on the black market. There is no way in hell the government will ever get all of our guns! Ask the Canadians how their long gun registration worked out and all the money they wasted trying.
    I have used this rationale for years on the anti-gun folk I know! I tell them that if someone has decided to cause another harm, THEY'RE GOING TO DO IT!

Thanks Oldgrunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Fallguy is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    Colorado is definitely a "purple state". They have only voted twice for Democratic presidents, Obama in 2008 and Clinton in 1992, and the latter probably had to do with Perot's running.

It is somewhat liberal to be considered a red state, but definitely too conservative to be considered a blue one.
    I think the majority of CO is red, but Denver is pretty blue (out of state people moving in) and has purpled the state up a bit...
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

If you look at a voting map of the United States you will see that except for the more populated areas all the state are red. The large metro ares are mostly blue.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Don't fall for their sweet talking lies, the libs have got us in this mess, weak willed people with no foundation. Hold them accountable or vote them out!
    Braveheart "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"
    "The Bible is the Book upon which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson, Seventh President of the United States

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    In an unprecedented move, Colorado's Governor states today in a news interview that this is not a gun issue but the work of a sick individual.

It has nothing to do with gun laws.

This guy is a Democrat!

Is the world turning upside down?

Nice move Colorado. If you had to vote Democrat, this was the way to go.

KK
    I've noticed that the anti's are pretty quiet this time. Could it be they're getting the message? That the only person with a gun in a "gun-free" zone was the bad guy?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    I've noticed that the anti's are pretty quiet this time. Could it be they're getting the message? That the only person with a gun in a "gun-free" zone was the bad guy?
    dc: On the contrary, the antis are ramping up their rhetoric with the NRA being blamed for our problems with all the shooting going on in the country. I don't know how many legal gun owners there are but I would guess several million. When one of these horrific shootings occur, the media takes off on it like a dog with a sirloin steak and try to make the general populace think we are all waiting to kill someone. They seem to think taking our guns away will bring shootings to an immediate stop, which we all know will never happen. Use the city of Chicago as an example. Legal possession of a weapon for personal defense is a definite no-no so who is doing all the shootings? Gang bangers, who would not turn in their weapons regardless of the law. If our guns are confiscated, the only people left with them will be criminals. As I said in another post, taking our guns away will only start an immediate black market for guns and costs would skyrocket. Then, those of us possessing guns would be criminals. Oh well, what the hell, gun owners and veterans are already considered to be potential terrorists. We are screwed regardless, but I would at least like the chance to fight back!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast