New gun control regulation amendment up for vote
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

New gun control regulation amendment up for vote

This is a discussion on New gun control regulation amendment up for vote within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; The level of ignorance and idiocy behind this kind of regulation really makes me angry. I thought I'd share. Democratic ...

Default New gun control regulation amendment up for vote

The level of ignorance and idiocy behind this kind of regulation really makes me angry. I thought I'd share.

Democratic senators offer gun control amendment for cybersecurity bill - The Hill's Video

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

We already have a great gun law it is called the Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    We already have a great gun law it is called the Second Amendment.
    AMEN!I could not agree more.

At what point will they figure out these bans do nothing to curb violence. Its such a false argument. Taking guns or restricting law abiding citizens only emboldens the criminals. All of these mass shooting were in"gun free" zones. Ignorance reigns supreme.

Yep, The same old gang of anti-gun phreaks spewing the same old rhetoric out of their blow holes. :::sigh:::
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

It's always the same problem children with these kind of bills and from the same commie states. We MUST remove these ninnies from congress. We also must beat the ears of our reps to forgo this bill.

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.) and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). I am surprised a slew of others weren't mentioned.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Isn't this the same group of dickwads that have armed body guards ?

I'm preparing a letter to my senators. I would welcome any editorial input and please feel free to amend and use as correspondence for your own State US Senators. See below:

Senator ( );

I am writing in regards to the amendment sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 that would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

I would hope that as a senator from a progressive state that has already upheld the states domain and stance on firearms ownership and carry that you would see this amendment as nothing other than an attempt to reinstate in part or whole the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

As a registered ( ) State voter I am concerned that once again in the aftermath of a tragedy that our politicians feel the need for another debate and attempt at 'sneaking' in firearms provisions. This time in a bill, Cyber Security Bill; which has absolutely nothing to do with firearms. The true hazard with layer in amendments to bills that affect American citizens, is that we can go from being a law abiding citizen to a law breaker - with no knowledge of these 'amendments' and the consequences. Not to mention that guns, ammo and firearms accessories are not the problem.

I am absolutely disgusted that this upcoming debate is riding the coat tails of the Aurora, Colorado shooting. I see this as nothing more than a parasitic opportunity to use heightened emotions to rally votes for the passing of ill conceived legislation. Legislation is not the answer! Large capacity magazines, firearms types and ammo are not what needs to be debated each time evil rears it ugly head on US soil and chose to use those tools for their carnage. Evil is and will always be part of society and you or any other politician cannot legislate evil out. You can ensure that those of us who may be faced with evil have the lawful right to protect ourselves, family, neighbors and our community. You can also ensure the American public that when evil rears its head, that it is dealt with quickly and effectively with the laws that are already on the books. You can also be proactive and look at why we have such evil in a younger generation that choose to kill.

If you want to embrace this tragedy as an opportunity to affect change and make a difference, then I would recommend that the debates be focused on: 1) sponsoring a committee to do analysis on these type of events and identify the root cause for their occurence, 2) ways to keep evil from walking once again in society after they have been identified and caught, 3) limiting the rights of those with mental health issues from hiding or being protected, 4) make social programs available to family and friends so they can get help for those who threaten and are capable of harming others, 5) stringently enforce the current firearm laws we have and 6) ensure that the we, the law abiding American gun owners, are not punished for the deeds of those who break the laws.

Please do right here and do not allow the memories of the victims of violent crimes to be used as a pawn in the game of firearm's legislation. Those victims and the American public deserve some intelligent thought and critical thinking skills to be deployed and used to determine the 'why' and not the 'how' on these occurrences. This is not about the gun, magazine, ammo or other tools that can do harm to others. This is about sick people who need help, can't get help or are just evil and use mental health issues as an excuses for their behavior.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

You can write / petition your elected officials 'til hell freezes over & the majority of them are going to do exactly what THEY want & to hell with the people back home that put them where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by old skool View Post
    You can write / petition your elected officials 'til hell freezes over & the majority of them are going to do exactly what THEY want & to hell with the people back home that put them where they're at.
    If they get enough letters from the voters, they will have to take it seriously knowing that a majority of the voters are watching their moves.
    Most hope they don't get letters so they can address the issues as THEY see fit. Like it or not, we do get the last vote.

Again the usual progressive liberal suspects jump at the opportunity to take advantage of a tragedy. Their not at all interested in a solution. They only desire the euphoric feeling of good intentions. They certainly wouldn't want to defeat evil. Evil breeds victims and liberals live for victims they can save. I for one put blame on political correctness as well as HIPPA laws. How many guns are sold to people with mental issues because medical records can not be accessed for back ground checks. Mental illness is a medical condition protected by HIPPA. I've also read that political correctness played a part in the Fort Hood massacre. Just more evidence these bleeding heart liberals aren't interested in solutions.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast