I finally saw it. There are Americans who admit to wanting to get rid of...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

I finally saw it. There are Americans who admit to wanting to get rid of...

This is a discussion on I finally saw it. There are Americans who admit to wanting to get rid of... within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; the constitution. My liberal brother in law shared a picture from the Facebook page "Being Liberal" which had a picture ...

Unhappy I finally saw it. There are Americans who admit to wanting to get rid of...

the constitution.

My liberal brother in law shared a picture from the Facebook page "Being Liberal" which had a picture of Hitler and made the point that neither Bush nor Obama should be compared to Hitler until they decide to wipe out 6 million people. (Trying to restrain myself from bringing abortion into it, since 99% of the people who comment on those photos are brainwashed and unreasonable.) Anyway, I was scrolling through the comments and came across this:

You want to wait until after November to find out it's an apt comparison? He's already spoken out against everything the Constitution stands for. "HE" is your president, like it or not. MAYBE the freaking Constitution should be CHANGED.. It is NO LONGER 1776! I think That is what people fail to admit. They Like the Constitution when it Suits them, even though it was written 238 years ago, when we were the wild wild west and a bunch of colonies. Right to Bear Arms: Sure.. if you need to defend against people who were around in 1750. Grow Up, People! This president is trying to change, to progress! YOU people are insisting upon staying puritanical. What NExt? I gotta dress like a pilgrim?
    I don't even know how to respond to such idiocy, save a good backhand to the face.
    Owner of Applied Perspective, specializing in laser engraving and fine art photography
    -or-
    Just some guy who loves to shoot

The only surprise I feel is towards the fact that you seem surprised, AP. That's just standard fair amongst progressives as far as I'm concerned. Still sickening, but not surprising.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

They don't have to get rid of the Constitution, all they have to do is keep on ignoring it. Works for them so far.
    AMERICA...Harmless To It's Enemies - Treacherous To It's Friends

The first two sentences would seem to indicate the poster is anti Obama while in the rest of the post he seems pro. There is no response possible to such irrational statements if the person is unwilling to examine their own beliefs in a logical manner.

As far as comparisons to Hitler, since when do comparisons have to match at all possible points. Furthermore, One could be making the comparison at a point in time before the persecutions began.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Blues, I know they feel this way, but I haven't actually run across any that freely admit it before. Most of them at least have some semblance of respect for the idea of the constitution, whether they agree with all of it or not. I say (and I know that you'll agree) that anyone who believes our constitution is only relevant for the 1700s has no idea why it was written to begin with.
    Owner of Applied Perspective, specializing in laser engraving and fine art photography
    -or-
    Just some guy who loves to shoot

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

You might start by pointing out that the right to bear arms was put there to defend against the government!

See, I'm civilized. I can say government now without a vulgar word in front of it. Now that's progress!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AppliedPerspective View Post
    Blues, I know they feel this way, but I haven't actually run across any that freely admit it before. Most of them at least have some semblance of respect for the idea of the constitution, whether they agree with all of it or not. I say (and I know that you'll agree) that anyone who believes our constitution is only relevant for the 1700s has no idea why it was written to begin with.
    Even without any changes, the Constitution means something totally different to a lib. Generally, Obama & Co find the Constitution an annoyance to getting things done.

Bottom line, the Constitution was designed to restrict the power of the government, not to define or restrict the rights of the people.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    Even without any changes, the Constitution means something totally different to a lib. Generally, Obama & Co find the Constitution an annoyance to getting things done.

Bottom line, the Constitution was designed to restrict the power of the government, not to define or restrict the rights of the people.
    +1 on that.

For AP, my perception has always been that the underlying meme of all leftists is extreme antipathy for the Constitution, specifically because it does limit government's authority and reach into individuals' lives.

For a great example, here's Obama lamenting about just that meme in a radio interview from somewhere in the early 2000s:

I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

This forum needs a "dislike" button.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Shoobee is offline Banned

AP you must have gotten caught in one of the notorious Minnesooootaah snowstorms, and it froze your head.

You're going to need a brain transplant now, apparently.

Another possible theory of your malady is that you fell over in a field during a drunken stupor and a cow kicked your head.

Donno.

Good luck with that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast