Romney chooses Paul Ryan - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Romney chooses Paul Ryan

This is a discussion on Romney chooses Paul Ryan within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Stammkyle81 I respectfully disagree. Not only do I believe that this choice provides a clear contrast that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stammkyle81 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Not only do I believe that this choice provides a clear contrast that people can embrace even if they lose he keeps his house seat.
    Unfortunately I think only the conservatives recognize this as a true positive choice in contrast. Like SR40c posted I to am lacking faith in the American voter. Most have no clue and just want "stuff".
    NRA Life Member

Not to rain on anybody's celebration of the great hope for conservative America, Paul Ryan, being picked for Romney's VP candidate, but will anyone mind if I interject just a few truths about him?

Paul Ryan voted for both TARPs, the auto bailouts, Medicare expansion, housing subsidies, unemployment extensions (up to just shy of two freakin' years), a national ID mandate (you vill show us your papers!), making the Patriot Act permanent, surveillance without a warrant, Teddy Kennedy's "No Child Left Behind" (and you thought that was Bush's plan, right?), raising the debt limit three times (and will again within the next few weeks), and the 2008 and 2009 stimulus bills. This is the "fiscal hawk" that's going to save the economy? How many of those truths about his voting record were Obama proposals? Certainly the worst of them were. Conservative, huh? Pfft.

And the illusion continues.

But at least Romney did pick an eligible candidate, instead of Rubio. Now Hannity, Limbaugh, even the great constitutional scholar, Mark Levin, can stop drooling over answering Obama's ineligibility with putting up an ineligible "conservative" candidate in return.

And I will grant that Ryan appears to be gun-friendly. That's a plus, but with VP being nothing more than a figurehead for as long as Romney is alive, and with the irrefutable proof of his reputation for being a fiscal hawk being a total fraud by just looking at his voting record, it's not enough of a plus to make me vote for the pair of usurpers.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

And I will grant that Ryan appears to be gun-friendly. That's a plus, but with VP being nothing more than a figurehead for as long as Romney is alive, and with the irrefutable proof of his reputation for being a fiscal hawk being a total fraud by just looking at his voting record, it's not enough of a plus to make me vote for the pair of usurpers.

Blues
    Remember, if the Senate should be split 50-50, then Ryan would cast the deciding vote. I'd love to see that taken out of Biden's hands.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Remember, if the Senate should be split 50-50, then Ryan would cast the deciding vote. I'd love to see that taken out of Biden's hands.
    Also remember that a vote for ANYBODY but Romney is a vote for Obama.

Too bad Gary Johnson has no chance. He seems rather interesting.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Also remember that a vote for ANYBODY but Romney is a vote for Obama.
    This is such a crock of crap. I vote my conscience, and my conscience tells me that voting for Romney, the aborto-centric progressive globalist, would be an afront to God. So would voting for Obama for exactly the same reason(s).

It's brainless tripe like this that drives a wedge between conservatives. It's a lie that refusing to vote for someone who stands for everything that I claim to be against is a vote for Obama, who also stands for everything that I claim to be against.

A vote for Romney is a vote for abortion on demand, a vote for denying parents the right to know what medical treatments their teenage daughters are having provided to them at taxpayers' expense, a vote for anther assault weapons ban, a vote for more auto industry bailouts, a vote for more TARPs, a vote for government abdicating its authority and responsibility to manage The People's money and the economy to the Federal Reserve without so much as an audit from time to time, a vote for edicts from the Executive ordering the issuance of marriage licenses to gays in direct contravention to existing law that was legally passed by the legislature and upheld by the courts..... Need I go on? If you're paying attention at all, you know I could.

All of the above is the absolute, irrefutable truth according to Romney's record, and still I say honestly that you're welcome to go ahead and vote for him if that's what your conscience moves you to do.

Just don't pretend to have the wherewithal to divine out of thin air what my conscience should move me to do, and don't use a lie to make such an offensive attempt.

Only one person that I've seen around here has even mentioned what they'll do after Romney is elected, if he indeed is, and that is SR40c, who said he'll work as hard to get rid of him as he can after he votes for him to get rid of Obama. That rationale makes quite a bit of sense to me, and demonstrates an understanding of just how inadequate Romney is and will remain.

My fear with everyone else is though, that they'll just go, "Shwew! That was close! I thought Obama was gonna win and I'd have to stay aware and vigilant to his usurpations for at least another four years! Can't wait to get some rest now that Romney/Ryan are running things! Snore.....Zzzzz...." Right back to sleep they go with the illusion that their vote contributed to "saving" the country. What a freakin' JOKE! Obamney or Rombama, they're both the same. But keep your eyes slammed shut to that fact and blame people who see Romney for what he is and won't support him if you must. It's easier than facing that you've been completely duped I would imagine.

Blues

ETA: Oh yeah, and Romney likes the idea of mandating that the Boy Scouts should accept gay Leaders too.

The Lord is my Shepherd....Romney will never be!

Blues, I think what you're saying is that it always comes down to two candidates, neither of which fit the bill. I personally think that's where America has gone. Instead of voting for a candidate we can believe in we vote for the one who we think will do the least harm. Sort of like eating at a restuarant and when someone asks how was dinner we reply "not too bad" instead of "good." We've come to expect the food will be crummy and happy when it wan't too bad.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Blues, I think what you're saying is that it always comes down to two candidates, neither of which fit the bill. I personally think that's where America has gone. Instead of voting for a candidate we can believe in we vote for the one who we think will do the least harm. Sort of like eating at a restuarant and when someone asks how was dinner we reply "not too bad" instead of "good." We've come to expect the food will be crummy and happy when it wan't too bad.
    I have no problem with what you're saying here BC, but no, that's not what I was saying. Sticking with the restaurant analogy, what I'm saying is this: I know what i like and I'm a very picky eater. There's this one chain that advertises that it sells exactly what I want and like, but every time I patronize that chain, I suffer through another bland, tasteless meal that stinks so bad I have to hold my nose to get through it. But the food has been tolerable, even if falsely advertised and smelly.

Then one day I go in and order a cheese burger, and when I bite into it, there's this weird texture and even weirder taste. I pull the top bun off and what do I see? A freakin' abortion burger!

Yeah, I know, that's crass, right? Well, so too is it crass of the Republican Party to force that abortion burger down my throat and send all these mindless sheep out to say if you don't eat it, then you're supporting Obama's abortion burger joint. I'm sick of hearing about how I'm responsible for Obama maybe winning another term. I've probably done more and spent more fighting Obama with every fiber of my being than 95% of the tools who push that crap around here. Now the Republican Party has given me a candidate that I either have to become a total hypocrite to support, or I have to fight him for exactly the same reasons I fight against Obama and his record and policies. They give me the choice of standing with a baby-killer, or standing with God, which, for me, is no choice at all. I stand with God, period.

That's what I'm saying.

Blues

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

Confirms my obama biden vote. The pubs got nothing better to offer. This will electrify the dems. I'm pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    Confirms my obama biden vote. The pubs got nothing better to offer. This will electrify the dems. I'm pumped.
    Otis, you still haven't read my post on his voting record. Please do so. It's shocking. Further, another stimulus, which he's planning, will not stoke the economy. he's already failed twice with this approach. Any successful businessman knows you can't borrow your way out of debt. We don't need more taxes on the wealthy (which is an insult to the masses as it can't happen), we need a smaller, less intrusive government that takes its foot off the throat of those who will create jobs. It's economics 101 for any first-year business student. Should O win, i'm telling you the same thing I told people in 2008... you will not be better off. your kids will be saddled with debt never before seen in the history of America, you'll be indebted to China and Muslim nations, all of which hate us and can destroy our economy from within. you cannot lieft up the poor by tearing down the wealthy. We still make our money... we just lay-off somepeople and change our tax structre. Let me know when your Obama prize arrives... Chris Rock says he's still wating for his.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast