Do the math...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Do the math...

This is a discussion on Do the math... within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; DHS ordered 450 million rounds in March DHS ordered 750 million rounds in July DHS ICE wants 165 million rounds ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation Do the math...

DHS ordered 450 million rounds in March
    DHS ordered 750 million rounds in July
    DHS ICE wants 165 million rounds
    NOAA ordered upwards of 60,000 rounds
    SSA ordered upwards of 174,000 rounds

Why is the Federal Government Prepping with Ammo? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

US Government orders 750 Million Rounds of Ammunition | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Feds Buying Up All Surplus Ammo, Ordering Stores To Cease Sales?

Here is my theory...Remember that Cass Sunstein fellow? The nudge czar?

With gun manufacturers having a hard time keeping up with new orders thanks to the Firearms Salesman of the Year (Obama), and the public's want and desire for what they know in their heart of hearts will not be available for long in the event that Obama is re-elected, coupled with the fact that all of those guns being snapped up by consumers in an uncertain economy for home defense and personal use....Consider this. Obama knows that an outright ban on guns will earn him a political loss of epic proportions. However making it possible for ammunition manufacturers to fall so behind in orders because govt' contracts take precedence over civilian demand...PRICELESS.

Right after Obama was elected there was a two fold event that all but shut down ammo sales in the US. One was a huge government order. The other was public demand pushed through the roof...the result of which was no ammo in big box stores like Walmart and hugely high prices in gun stores and at gun shows. The stage is being set again for just such an event and the timing will be such that ammo availability near the election times frame and in the days that follow will be greatly reduced.

I honestly do not buy the fact that DHS needs that much ammo for training. Training for what? Why are multiple DHS agencies and other government agencies all placing the orders within a week or two of each other?

You guys and gals can call it a conspiracy theory if you want, but I do not trust DHS. Please think back to Obama's campaign promise of wanting a civilian force that is just as well trained and well equipped as the US military. Why has DHS grown by leaps and bounds? Why are TSA employees now called federal agents without having any formal training? Why is the IRS being stood up to perform the functions of the enforcement arm of Obamacare? Why did the department of education buy riot shotguns? Why Did the IRS buy swat team type equipment? what ever happened to the FBI performing these types of taskings for federal law enforcement?

If you do the math right now the bullet count is enough to shoot every American three times. That is a little overkill to me.

I could understand the need if DHS was going on the defensive to secure our borders...but we all know that ain't happening. I could understand if DHS was going on the offensive to conduct counter-terrorism operations, but lately every time a terror cell is taken apart it is shushed away while single acts of lunacy are being considered acts of domestic terrorism....

Please think and remember all those things that have come true from the Obama campaign...Now remember to VOTE IN NOVEMBER
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I have posed the question on Facebook....the only response is yada, yada, yada, they need "x" number of rounds to practice, shelf life, etc.

No one can answer my main question....why does the SSA and the NOAA Fisheries have armed personnel? Pretty much ALL security guards in the US Government, including at military bases, are private contractors. (I assume that Wackenhut is the largest of these) Private contractors train their own people.

Why do SSA and NOAA Fisheries personnel need pistols in .357 Sig? I just don't think that Granny, who might be beligerent over her lost SS check, isn't going to be wearing body armor, nor some guy planning on stealing some fingerlings.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Default Do the math...

We are rapidly approaching the end of the fiscal year. Now is the time for the federal government to take the years unexpended funds and spend it on things they need but may not get funded in the next years budget. Typically you will see purchases like that around this time of year.

Just my thought and possible explanation for the expenditure and timing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Marine View Post
    We are rapidly approaching the end of the fiscal year. Now is the time for the federal government to take the years unexpended funds and spend it on things they need but may not get funded in the next years budget. Typically you will see purchases like that around this time of year.

Just my thought and possible explanation for the expenditure and timing.
    Stop being logical...look deeper...there is bound to be something evil going on here, some impending martial law or something. Get with the paranoia and the program.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

With approximately 63,000 agents/operatives working just under the DHS umbrella, for the 5 year period that the order is referring, that is approximately 600 round or so, per agent/operative during the same 5 year period! Geesh, many civilians I know will shoot that in a month or so! There is no conspiracy here! If you go back 4, 8, 12 years you will see the same basic pattern of orders in the months of July and August as the Fed is ending it's fiscal year! Do the same math with the other non-DHS entities and you will find the same pattern, 500 to 600 rounds for live fire training is nothing!

Plus have you seen a shortage? I haven't...I can order in bulk from a ton of places.

After getting back the the proper meds, read this:

NRA-ILA | Federal Law Enforcement Agencies Buy Ammunition

If there are still issues, Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    I have posed the question on Facebook....the only response is yada, yada, yada, they need "x" number of rounds to practice, shelf life, etc.

No one can answer my main question....why does the SSA and the NOAA Fisheries have armed personnel? Pretty much ALL security guards in the US Government, including at military bases, are private contractors. (I assume that Wackenhut is the largest of these) Private contractors train their own people.

Why do SSA and NOAA Fisheries personnel need pistols in .357 Sig? I just don't think that Granny, who might be beligerent over her lost SS check, isn't going to be wearing body armor, nor some guy planning on stealing some fingerlings.
    SSA has always had armed investigation and enforcement agents. They even go on raids with other LE agencies. The fisheries people are like game wardens. They're armed because they have to arrest people too, and some people don't like being arrested.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by trlrider View Post
    With approximately 63,000 agents/operatives working just under the DHS umbrella, for the 5 year period that the order is referring, that is approximately 600 round or so, per agent/operative during the same 5 year period! Geesh, many civilians I know will shoot that in a month or so! There is no conspiracy here! If you go back 4, 8, 12 years you will see the same basic pattern of orders in the months of July and August as the Fed is ending it's fiscal year! Do the same math with the other non-DHS entities and you will find the same pattern, 500 to 600 rounds for live fire training is nothing!
    An hour at the range and I can burn up that easily. And have.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974 View Post
    Plus have you seen a shortage? I haven't...I can order in bulk from a ton of places.
    Find Federal XM193 5.56 rounds right now at a reasonable price. And I don't count $0.50 a round as reasonable.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast