Being detained for facebook posts - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Being detained for facebook posts

This is a discussion on Being detained for facebook posts within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Spanish Trail Sure, the pro-life folks are long-time experts on propagandic word spin. Let's set this straight. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Trail View Post
    Sure, the pro-life folks are long-time experts on propagandic word spin.
    Let's set this straight. ANTI-govenment is PRO-Constitution, PRO-America, PRO-Family, PRO-integrity, and PRO-expose-Marxism and treasonous presidents.
    I'm sorry, would you please explain the relevance of that first line to this thread? Or to reality for that matter? Thanks.
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

I believe in the peaceful resoultion of the problems facing the country; and that terroristic threats by either side should be off limit. But homeland security is watching peaceful groups like The Teaparty, many of those who post on this forum, and military vets. Free speech and all of our God given liberties are in danger. Things in this country are really upside down when belief in the constitution and quotations of our founders have become seditious. When deciding on free speech issues it is better to err on the side of libery rather than tyranny.

Those in the military take a oath and they also get a set of rules and regulations. While in the military certain things are not allot and they know it. You break the rules you pay the price.

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    Those in the military take a oath and they also get a set of rules and regulations. While in the military certain things are not allot and they know it. You break the rules you pay the price.
    What part of the UCMJ did this man violate as a civilian?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    What part of the UCMJ did this man violate as a civilian?
    Is it possible for a civilian to violate the UCMJ? Civilians aren't bound by the UCMJ. They must be confused because the media showed a picture of the guy in his dress uniform, you know, to try and connect his actions with the big bad military.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Well well. There is at least one judge in VA who still believes in the 1st Amendment.

Brandon Raub: Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran | WTVR.com

HOPEWELL, Va. (WTVR) – A Hopewell circuit court judge has ordered that a Marine veteran detained over anti-government Facebook posts be released from a psychiatric hospital.

CBS 6 News’ Catie Beck said the Judge Allan Sharrett dismissed the case Thursday against Brandon Raub. The judge said the original petition for Raub’s detention contained no facts. In other words, there was no information on why Raub was being held — and the judge deemed this violated his civil liberties

As a result, the judge ruled the government had no grounds to hold Raub

Beck said the judge is in the process of writing an order for Raub’s release. He is has been released from the hospital in Salem, Virginia Thursday afternoon and is headed home to Chesterfield.

The decorated U.S. Marine veteran was questioned by FBI agents about his Facebook postings and then hauled away from his Chesterfield County home in handcuffs last Thursday.

CBS 6 checked his criminal history and found it to be clean. And Brandon Raub’s mother told CBS 6 News’ Mark Holmberg that her son he had no mental health history. [READ MORE: Mother of detained Marine vet says he’s a patriot, not a threat]

“He never was violent or psychotic or anything like that,” Cathleen Thomas told CBS 6. “There were just conversations we had back and forth, very deep.”

Still, it happened. Don't forget, it happened.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

This incident should be a warning to those in the US who still value individual liberty. Mr Raub was taken into custody and had his house searched with no search or arrest warrents He was detained without an attorney or any charges being filed. Yes he did say that a revolution was near but opinion is not a crime. The supposed threat was a quote from a song. It was not smart but also not a threat of criminal activities. It is called hyperbole and some on this forum are guilty of the same thing. The crimes were comitted by the LEOs. Preventative detention, warrentless searches, being held without charges, and not having the benefit of an attorney are all unconstitutional. A favorite and often used tactic in the old Soviet Union was putting dissidents in mental intitutions where they disappeared forever.

Yes, he was released; but it shows how far this government is willing to go. If being politically incorrect is a crime we are all in very serious trouble. This governmental behavior has no place in a republic that values individual liberty. It is also being used disproportionately against retired military personnel. PTSD, often diagnosed in military veterans, is now being used often to take away their 2nd amendment rights.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    This incident should be a warning to those in the US who still value individual liberty. Mr Raub was taken into custody and had his house searched with no search or arrest warrents He was detained without an attorney or any charges being filed. Yes he did say that a revolution was near but opinion is not a crime. The supposed threat was a quote from a song. It was not smart but also not a threat of criminal activities. It is called hyperbole and some on this forum are guilty of the same thing. The crimes were comitted by the LEOs. Preventative detention, warrentless searches, being held without charges, and not having the benefit of an attorney are all unconstitutional. A favorite and often used tactic in the old Soviet Union was putting dissidents in mental intitutions where they disappeared forever.

Yes, he was released; but it shows how far this government is willing to go. If being politically incorrect is a crime we are all in very serious trouble. This governmental behavior has no place in a republic that values individual liberty. It is also being used disproportionately against retired military personnel. PTSD, often diagnosed military veterans, is now being used often to take away their 2nd amendment rights.
    Exactly Correct Sir!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I been using facebook for years and have close to 2,000 contacts. Some are friends and some are friends of friends.

I do not use it to say what I had for dinner or where I am going on vacation. I post news, comments, and opinions that are not shown on CNN or the networks.

I use it to further my message regarding 2nd amendment, homeland security, radical Islam, Obamacare, etc. I try to get a good conversation going that will better this country, in my opinion anyway. So facebook can be a positive force for good if you use it that way.
    Thanks
    Bruce

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast