Being detained for facebook posts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Being detained for facebook posts

This is a discussion on Being detained for facebook posts within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Big Brother is watching, and eliminating free speech Outcry after military veteran detained for anti-government Facebook posts Read more: Outcry ...

Default Being detained for facebook posts

Big Brother is watching, and eliminating free speech

Outcry after military veteran detained for anti-government Facebook posts

Read more: Outcry after military veteran detained for anti-government Facebook posts | Fox News
    NRA Life Member
    1911-45, 9, 22, P229, P220, P228, PPQ, 38 spl

Wow, watch your backs people.

BTW: I'm one of two people in the world that does NOT have a Facebook account LOL!
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post

BTW: I'm one of two people in the world that does NOT have a Facebook account LOL!
    Nice to met you. I don't have one either.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post

Nice to met you. I don't have one either.
    Nor do I ...... We should start a Facebook-free social network.

I heard just awhile ago on the news that a judge has extended Mr. Raub's mental evaluation period to 30 days, during which time he will be forcibly detained in a medical facility. Not sure if that facility is a hospital or the mental ward of some kind of jail (prison or county/city jail? IDK), but I doubt it matters much to Mr. Raub. He is now destined to have all his guns confiscated. There is little doubt that will happen. Back when the NRA was wetting its pants to support the NICS revisions that will supposedly make it easier to have Mr. Raub's 2nd Amendment rights restored after some mental illness issue gets resolved, I tried to warn people on a bunch of different forums that that bill wasn't what it seemed. This is one thread on another forum that was typical of my efforts and how NRA sycophants refused to consider that they, the NRA, got it wrong on that bill. Depending on the way the local "board, commission or other legal authority" (how's that for ambiguity? straight from the bill's language) is constituted, Mr. Raub may never get his guns back, and it's all nice and tidy and "legal," and it was 100% supported by the NRA.

Raub is in a world of hurt over this, just as almost anyone who ever posted a less-than-friendly-to-government post here can be at any time. At the time the above-mentioned bill was being considered for signing by Bush, I was in the middle of a chemo-therapy treatment that is known to cause depression in a very small percentage of patients. I had tried the therapy one time before and couldn't tolerate the debilitating side-effects, but the few weeks that I was on it did indeed cause a very deep depression, so when I decided to give it another try, my attending physician said I would have to make regular visits to a psychiatrist for at least the first half of the 48 week treatment cycle as a precautionary measure. My doctor was mainly concerned that we didn't want to have to scramble to find a psyche in my insurance network etc. if it did cause the depression again, so I basically had one that I went to once a month during the first half of treatment and he asked how I was feeling, and I'd answer that I felt normal in the head, but the other side-effects were driving me nuts, and he'd say that's to be expected and see ya next month.

Had that NICS revision that the NRA supported been in effect at the time, any "board, commission or other legal authority" could have taken my guns forever based on my cautionary referral to a mental health provider, even though I did not suffer the depressive effects the second time around and was released from the psyche's care at 24 weeks into the cycle. Bush did sign the revisions law though, and now Mr. Raub will be at the total mercy of whatever "board, commission, or other legal authority" the jurisdiction in which he resides decided to implement that law with forming. Chances are, it's not a gun-friendly "board, commission, or other legal authority," as we all know all-too-well is normal for any government "board, commission, or other legal authority."

Mr. Raub's problems have just begun.

I joined FaceBook to find and get in touch with my ex-wife about a mutual friend who had passed. After finding her and getting in touch with her, I immediately deactivated the account. I have heard all kinds of horror stories, some even nothing more than rumors, but all certainly plausible enough, that FB and other social media sites are notorious for passing info about their users on to government for a variety of reasons, not the least of which are a mixture of pro-gun and anti-government banter being tossed about in someone's account. It might be FaceBook itself that triggered a law enforcement response in this case. Certainly stranger things have happened, and do on a regular basis.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sig_man View Post
    Big Brother is watching, and eliminating free speech

Outcry after military veteran detained for anti-government Facebook posts

Read more: Outcry after military veteran detained for anti-government Facebook posts | Fox News
    What outcry. The media just can't say there is an outcry and that makes there be an outcry. Is anyone really outwardly crying?

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    What outcry. The media just can't say there is an outcry and that makes there be an outcry. Is anyone really outwardly crying?
    Yes, yes, and yes.
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    Are you fuggin' kidding me? The media has been creating outcries for years. Particularly on behalf of the left!

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by dgsalmon View Post
    Nor do I ...... We should start a Facebook-free social network.
    Now that's a GREAT idea, what should we call it?
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Guess I'm number 2!
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast