If I paid more tax than required I would not be qualified to be president
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

If I paid more tax than required I would not be qualified to be president

This is a discussion on If I paid more tax than required I would not be qualified to be president within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Romney disclosing his 2011 tax returns at 3pm Eastern; admits not qualified to be president The Romneys thus limited their ...

Default If I paid more tax than required I would not be qualified to be president

Romney disclosing his 2011 tax returns at 3pm Eastern; admits not qualified to be president

The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governorís statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.

ThinkProgress notes that had Romney taken all of his charitable deductions, he'd have paid a tax rate of around 9%. And they note that, per Romney's own words, he now isn't qualified to be president.

"I donít pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I donít think Iíd be qualified to become president. Iíd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."
    The sad fact is he will get a lot of votes, proving you can fool a lot of the people all of the time.

Gee, how the libtards always turn things around and do have forgotten how to read. If they limited their deductions, then they paid the proper amount of tax on the income claimed. He paid the taxes he should have on based on what they claimed. No more or no less than required. How about that liar Reid offering an apology since he said he had sources that said Romney paid no taxes (never gonna happen)
    NRA Life Member
    1911-45, 9, 22, P229, P220, P228, PPQ, 38 spl

Either you are kidding or you are an obama supporter in romney clothing.

He paid more than he was required to by intentionally not claiming deductions to raise his tax rate to his earlier claim of 15%.

And the reason Romney isn't releasing the old tax returns - because he didn't have a tax owed on those returns - he field amendment returns when he got the nomination to "correct" the situation.

Magic underwear and all that.

Nogods, you're taking the wrong approach. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can make romney look worse than Obama. If you hope to achieve anything, you have to make Obama look better than Romney.

And to do that you'd have to be able to remove the "no" from your name...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

So he wouldn't be a good president because he didn't pay as much tax as he should have and he wouldn't be a good president because he paid more than he had to. Somebody tell me how much he should have paid.

Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    So he wouldn't be a good president because he didn't pay as much tax as he should have and he wouldn't be a good president because he paid more than he had to. Somebody tell me how much he should have paid.
    Easy. 150%. ........................
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

maybejim is offline Maybejim

I guess you missed he gave over 4 million to charity. Or maybe that's your problem, he gave more to charity than he did to the government. You know the government that invests in bankrupt companies and in companies that are sending manufacturing overseas. Of course that "investment" turns out to be a waste of taxpayer money.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I guess you missed he gave over 4 million to charity. Or maybe that's your problem, he gave more to charity than he did to the government. You know the government that invests in bankrupt companies and in companies that are sending manufacturing overseas. Of course that "investment" turns out to be a waste of taxpayer money.
    "frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I donít think Iíd be qualified to become president. Iíd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."

His words, not mine.

How much he gave to charity is irrelevant. HE SAID he was not qualified to be president because of what HE DID.

BTW - that 5% extra he paid to make his earlier statement about never paying less than 15% true is bogus. He has 3 years to apply for a refund.

Oh how easy some are fooled.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    "frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president. I’d think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."

His words, not mine.

How much he gave to charity is irrelevant. HE SAID he was not qualified to be president because of what HE DID.

BTW - that 5% extra he paid to make his earlier statement about never paying less than 15% true is bogus. He has 3 years to apply for a refund.

So by the same token, 0bama should not have run for reelection as his statement was he would turn the economy around in three years in office, or he'll be a one-term president.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

maybejim is offline Maybejim

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    "frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president. I’d think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."

His words, not mine.

What he did was legally postpone taking some deductions moving them into a later year. That isn't all that unusual. It's widely done when future income is expected to go up. What the real problem is, is the Dem's looking for anything to attack Romney on based on what he does with his money instead of looking at the terrible waste, graft, and payoff's BO has made with taxpayer money. Solyndra comes immediately to mind but there were others.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast