Liberals, what am missing here...??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Liberals, what am missing here...???

This is a discussion on Liberals, what am missing here...??? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; BCI, Dammed that was almost a orgasmic event, Oh did I verbalize that, sorry sometimes my fingers go to fast ...

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

BCI, Dammed that was almost a orgasmic event, Oh did I verbalize that, sorry sometimes my fingers go to fast for my own good.........

Quote Originally Posted by deepstare View Post
    Wow, I gotta give you respect on that one, even getting a permit just to own a handgun in NYC takes about 2 years.

I just find the gun laws in NYC laughable, last Labor day weekend around 64 people were shot in 48 hours with handguns, in a city where it's virtually impossible to carry one.
    Yeah, NYC is absolutely absurd. It cost me a $3,200 legal bill. It took a little more than a year, about 15 months I believe. And of course the attorney was juiced-in. I probably paid more for the influence than the right to have a permit. I don't recall ever carrying the gun in the city either so it was a complete waste.

I live 45 minutes from the city and read the city papers. I don't recall 64 people being shot in any 48 hour period in the history of the city. In terms of crime per capital NYC is quite safe. The smaller cities an hour North of NYC like Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, Middletown, etc have much higher gun crime rates. Much more dangerous upstate.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

amazing, I think you're probably the first person on this forum that has actually provided actual factual proof beyond Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Drudge or the Westboro Baptist Church
    BC is no dummy. If he declares something is truth, you can be sure he put in at least a little bit of effort.
    Ton up!

deepstare is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yeah, NYC is absolutely absurd. It cost me a $3,200 legal bill. It took a little more than a year, about 15 months I believe. And of course the attorney was juiced-in. I probably paid more for the influence than the right to have a permit. I don't recall ever carrying the gun in the city either so it was a complete waste.

I live 45 minutes from the city and read the city papers. I don't recall 64 people being shot in any 48 hour period in the history of the city. In terms of crime per capital NYC is quite safe. The smaller cities an hour North of NYC like Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, Middletown, etc have much higher gun crime rates. Much more dangerous upstate.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/ny...r=rss&emc=rss&

Quote Originally Posted by RonSC View Post
    First of all let me say that I rarely post on forums as I'd rather just peruse the various threads and read what others say. However of late I've noticed a rash of "Obama appologists" here and I have to question WHY? How can ANYONE with half-a-brain recconcile support of the present administration and claim to be pro-2nd Amendment?? I mean the common theme of this place (I thought) was basically RKBA, 2nd Amendment and CCW issues which is famously 'politically-incorrect' in liberal circles? (trying real hard to be kind here!) Some of these folks may well be agitators and trolls yet many have numerous posts and have never been banned. IF (and I stress IF) these folks are TRUELY pro-2A, RKBA, etc. supporters of this site (and not merely trolls) I would ask (given the mindset and record of the democratic agenda) do you GENUINELY believe your 2nd Amendment rights are SAFE under the present administration? Please explain (and be specific please) because i'd really like to know!
    I would suggest by your statement that the 2A is okay for you and thepeople that agree with you but the persons you don't agree with should have their 1A rights removed simply because you don't agree with what they have to say?

Some would say that Obama has not lifted a finger to infringe on the 2A ( as president has not introduced legislation but he did a hell of a job while senator) while Romney has signed and therefore enacted legislation as Governor that has.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Holy smokes! I had no idea. I stand corrected.

I found this statistic as well --> In 2009, among the 182 U.S. cities with populations of more than 100,000, New York City ranked 136th in overall crime. While crime rates have stopped decreasing for a decade in the rest of the United States, in New York the murder rate for 2009 is at an all time low of 466, more than a 10% decline from the previous year, and the lowest count during the period that crime statistics have been recorded.

Source: NYC Daily News - 2009 homicides in New York City are fewest since 1963 ---> 2009 homicides in New York City are fewest since 1963 - NY Daily News
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Holy smokes! I had no idea. I stand corrected.

I found this statistic as well --> In 2009, among the 182 U.S. cities with populations of more than 100,000, New York City ranked 136th in overall crime. While crime rates have stopped decreasing for a decade in the rest of the United States, in New York the murder rate for 2009 is at an all time low of 466, more than a 10% decline from the previous year, and the lowest count during the period that crime statistics have been recorded.

Source: NYC Daily News - 2009 homicides in New York City are fewest since 1963 ---> 2009 homicides in New York City are fewest since 1963 - NY Daily News
    True enough, and that's down to the trauma ER saving lives imo.

Also, the NYPD have a bit of a history of fudging numbers.

Internal Report Confirms That NYPD Underreported Crimes | The Agitator

localgirl:

My concern is the with the democrat party specifically, (whose voting history is a matter of record) concerning 2nd amendment issues.
    If you are completely honest with yourself , the least bit of research will bear this out. A short list I'd suggest would be to read the NRA's
    grading on the voting record of polititians (by state) and how they voted on gun related issues. And yes there are democrats with excellent " grades" BUT for the most part, they reflect the a party trend is anything but 2A-friendly.
    And NO I'm not a cheerleader for the NRA,( but they do some things well) and keeping gun owners informed of our elected officials stance on RKBA is one of them. Remember the POTUS in not my "only" concern....!

You appear to a be well-educated, articulate woman yet your naivety brings to mind that scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy is speaking to the 'wizard' when as he replies..."Pay NO attention to the man behind the curtain"....

Yeppers...it's the "guy's BEHIND the curtain that scare the hell outta' me!

amazing, I think you're probably the first person on this forum that has actually provided actual factual proof beyond Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Drudge or the Westboro Baptist Church
    And that's ALL you've got to say about it???
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    And that's ALL you've got to say about it???
    What do you want? A plaque with you're name engraved on it? He presented a very compelling argument.

At least I can give credit where credit is due without mentally vomiting all over my keyboard like you do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast