Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder

Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder

This is a discussion on Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; CCW Holder 1-0-0 Bomber/Robber 0-1-0 An attempted bank robbery in Canton played out like a scene from a movie Monday ...

Default Bomber/Robber vs. CCW Holder

CCW Holder 1-0-0
    Bomber/Robber 0-1-0

An attempted bank robbery in Canton played out like a scene from a movie Monday when a man who police say claimed to have a bomb was stopped by a customer armed with a pistol.

The drama started just after the Comerica bank on Michigan Ave. opened around 9 a.m. Police say 54-year-old man Joseph Webster from Washtenaw County walked up to a teller and handed her a note claiming he had a bomb strapped to his body.

The fast-thinking teller hit the silent alarm while filling a bag with $1 bills -- until, police say, Webster demanded "bands of 50s and 100s." Another teller saw the situation unfolding and alerted Nabil Fawzi, 39, a long-time customer.

Fawzi, who spent six years in the Lebanese army, took matters into his own hands.

He tells WXYZ.com he pulled out a 9 mm handgun (for which he had a CCW permit), racked a bullet in the chamber, pointed it at Webster and announced, "You are not robbing this bank!"

The startled Webster countered with, "but, I have a bomb" -- but Fawzi wasn't impressed. "I don't care. You are not robbing this bank!" was the reply from the other side of the gun. He then forced the Webster into a chair and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Police tell WXYZ.com there were no injuries, no issues with Fawzi's CCW permit, and no bomb found at the scene.

Webster was arraigned Tuesday afternoon and charged with one count of bank robbery, one count of armed robbery, and a habitual third offense. He faces 25 years to life in prison.
    Source:
    UPDATE: Gun Beats Bomb in Bank Robbery || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More

give that guy a metal! +1 for ccw.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

A great piece of work by the CCW holder. He makes us all look good.
    An armed society is a polite society.

toreskha is offline Titles are un-American.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    The startled Webster countered with, "but, I have a bomb" -- but Fawzi wasn't impressed. "I don't care. You are not robbing this bank!" was the reply from the other side of the gun.
    "I have a bomb" probably sounds incredibly lame if, like Fawzi, you come from a place where bombs are a common fashion accessory.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Talking One for the good guys

This person did everything right my hats off to him nice job. And to the reporter that did not slant the story. One for the good guys.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    CCW Holder 1-0-0
    Bomber/Robber 0-1-0

Fawzi, who spent six years in the Lebanese army, took matters into his own hands.

He tells WXYZ.com he pulled out a 9 mm handgun (for which he had a CCW permit), racked a bullet in the chamber, pointed it at Webster and announced, "You are not robbing this bank!"

The startled Webster countered with, "but, I have a bomb" -- but Fawzi wasn't impressed. "I don't care. You are not robbing this bank!" was the reply from the other side of the gun. He then forced the Webster into a chair and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Police tell WXYZ.com there were no injuries, no issues with Fawzi's CCW permit, and no bomb found at the scene.

Webster was arraigned Tuesday afternoon and charged with one count of bank robbery, one count of armed robbery, and a habitual third offense. He faces 25 years to life in prison.
    Source:
    UPDATE: Gun Beats Bomb in Bank Robbery || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More
    This guy has my respect! Talk about having a pair that clank when you walk ... WOW!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS