Call to Action: Oregon Gun Rights Supporters Senate Seat At Risk

Call to Action: Oregon Gun Rights Supporters Senate Seat At Risk

This is a discussion on Call to Action: Oregon Gun Rights Supporters Senate Seat At Risk within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Dear Republican: The national Democratic Party kingmakers hand-picked Jeff Merkley as the Democrats' Senate candidate in Oregon, so we know ...

Thumbs up Call to Action: Oregon Gun Rights Supporters Senate Seat At Risk

Dear Republican:

The national Democratic Party kingmakers hand-picked Jeff Merkley as the Democrats' Senate candidate in Oregon, so we know they will go to any lengths to ensure his election this fall.

Defeating me and changing Oregon's Senate seat from Republican to Democrat has become their full-time obsession.

In fact, they've already spent more than half a million dollars on negative ads against me, and directed an additional $750,000 into his campaign coffers... And that's just a drop in the bucket compared to what they'll spend between now and Election Day.

Can you understand why I need your help so much?

There's a critical financial disclosure deadline coming up at midnight, Monday, June 30th and we've got to raise $250,000 in just four short days.

Do me this favor if you will. Visit this link now to make a special contribution to "Friends of Gordon Smith." It's your generous offering of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more... up to $2,300 per person... that will give my campaign a huge boost of momentum before our reporting deadline.

Jeff Merkley and his allies represent more poisonous partisanship at a time when we need to change the way Washington, D.C. works.

Help me defend myself from their attacks. If you'll continue to stand by my side, there's not a doubt in my mind that we will win!

Warmest Regards,

Gordon H. Smith

Unhappy

Bo Bro, this Senator Gordon is a true RINO. At this moment he is running campaign adds here in Oregon bragging about his support of Barrack Obama!

We are between a no win rock and a no win hard place here in Oregon with Jeff Merkley and Gordon Smith

A very close friend of mine wrote this letter to him just last week:

Louis Ott
    2485 Dry Creek Rd
    Mosier, OR 97040

Senator Smith
    404 Russell Building
    Washington, DC 20510

Louis W. Ott
    Mosier, OR 97040

Senator Smith
    404 Russell Building
    Washington, DC 20510

Honorable Senator Smith,
    I received a solicitation for monetary support for your re-election a few days ago. I received others before that I did not act upon. After consideration of your actions in the US Senate, and your positions on very important issues affecting our country, I have to conclude that you no longer represent me. It seems that in the past few years you have completely fallen off the rails. I'd suggest that you go ahead and compete your transformation and make it official that you are indeed a democrat. It seems you are most proud when you support democrats no matter how onerous their position. If I thought a democrat had a viable position, I'd vote for one. That hasn't happened since I voted for President Carter. I learned my lesson from that mistake. The last straw for me was your speech before the Senate on the “Cap and Trade” bill debate. It is evident that you have swallowed the human caused global warming hoax totally as if it was a religious experience. Therefore, I doubt that me spouting any facts or referencing politically unbiased science would make much difference. You might take a minute to listen to Senator Inhofe from Oklahoma. He appears to understand what is happening and what is at stake. I've really had all I need of lemming like politicians when we are so desperate in this country for discerning leaders, and few exist.

The current energy situation we suffer is due to the US Congress doing nothing positive to correct it over at least 35 years. The only action has been to put up roadblocks to our country becoming more energy independent. It is you and your like minded colleagues who are the ones responsible. Using food (primarily corn) for fuel is ludicrous. Look at the unintended consequences. Food, and livestock feed prices are sky high with no end in sight. People are rioting and being killed due to food shortages, rainforests are being cut down at an ever greater rate to get more land to farm. Numerous studies, and common sense, show that it takes more energy to create ethanol from starch than it produces. It does make the farm lobby pleased, and we pay. We always do. You oppose drilling for oil in Alaska when there is no reason not to do so. You oppose exploring and drilling for oil off our shores even though the Chinese are doing so near Florida right now. Recently, an oil field even larger than Saudi Arabia's was found in North Dakota and I presume you'll oppose using that too. Sure, it's difficult to extract, but it could be done. There are huge coal and oil shale deposits in Montana, Wyoming, and Utah. Develop those. Coal can be turned into liquid fuel. It can be done cleanly. Windmills? They can help a little. How many airplanes are windmill powered? We need liquid petroleum fuel well into the foreseeable future. Hydroelectric dams? You don't support building more. How about nuclear power generation? You are opposed to them when there is no valid reason for opposition. Our navy has used nuclear power for a half century without a problem. The waste is manageable. There is a repository in Nevada for it. Use it. Did you know that the people living downwnd of a coal fired electric plant such as at Boardman are subject to 100 times the radiation than they would be if the plant was nuclear fueled? I suppose you do know that, but still will not support nuclear power. It is a poor use of natural gas for fueling electric plants when nuclear is possible and makes none of the all important “carbon footprint”. France is a good example of intelligent application of nuclear energy. It takes leaders with some foresight to make it happen and we have none. We have lemmings.

Wasteful spending? You opposed the feeble one year moratorium on the despicable “earmark” process that has made every spending bill so disgusting. It's a Democratic party tradition. The list of wasteful, pork laden, spending bills you have supported would take pages to list. Yes, you do vote against a few when their passage is assured even without your vote. Who's going to pay for this waste?

You have voted for judges who may uphold the US Constitution, and I appreciate that effort. The way the next administration and Congress is shaping up, it won't matter. We'll have change. The US Constitution is so dated, who needs it? A new era of enlightenment is upon us. We voters worked and gave both the US House and Senate a majority. You squandered our passion and hard work to ensure that majority would make a difference. Now it's gone. Mostly through efforts of the “new” (non-conservative) republicans. You wouldn't even make the tax cuts permanent, drill for the known oil we have, explore for more, begin nuclear power generation, cut entitlement programs, secure our borders, or do much of anything useful. The logging industry is dead, Oregon counties are strapped for money, and the spotted owl is still in decline. In my opinion, you have worked hard for defeat, and I think you've earned it. Oh yes, we will lose the last Republican Senator on the West coast. I wonder if anyone will notice.

Sincerely,

Louis W. Ott

Concealed Licensed in Washington, Oregon, and Florida.
    ]

Thumbs up

Yes Gordie might be somewhat of a RINO, but he is miles better then the alternative liberal democrat running against him and Gordie has the record of voting PRO-GUN

Gordon Harold Smith on the Issues

• Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
    • Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    • Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    • Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
    • Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    • Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
    • Rated B by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
    • Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

toreskha is offline Titles are un-American.

Gordon is somewhat like McCain or Lieberman; he doesn't fit easily into a pidgeonhole. He's his own category. We could probably use more like that, so that predictable party-line votes are fewer and farther between.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Gordon is somewhat like McCain or Lieberman; he doesn't fit easily into a pidgeonhole. He's his own category. We could probably use more like that, so that predictable party-line votes are fewer and farther between.
    IMHO as long as the guy is supporting Obama here in Oregon in Campaign adds he is not any better than Jeff Merkley. He does not even support his own party or our values. I cannot class him in with a Joe Lieberman or McCain. Honestly, it does not make much difference here in Oregon who wins that Senate seat... the results, proven by Gordon Smiths history, will be the same.

Concealed Licensed in Washington, Oregon, and Florida.
    ]

I will reiterate; Gordon's History...

IS PRO-GUN...

In a very blue state, Gordon is currently the best you have to chose from...

Like McCain Gordon has to at least appear to appeal to the Democrats that lean more towards the middle and Independent majority currently in Oregon...

The alternative in Oregon to Gordon is dismal and NOT PRO-GUN...

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

If he were representing one of the mountain states then his reelection might be a little more of a sure thing. However, this is Oregon, located on the Left Coast. That is probably the reason he is a RINO. Unfortunately, true Republicans don't fare very well in this region. Nevertheless, this RINO is a heck of a lot better than any Democrat in this region.