A Tradition or Constitutional Right? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A Tradition or Constitutional Right?

This is a discussion on A Tradition or Constitutional Right? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; The more I hear, the more this guy scares the bejeesus out of me!...

Red face

The more I hear, the more this guy scares the bejeesus out of me!
    Last edited by dancingwolf; 07-14-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

That is what you get from the elitist liberals. They flip and flop. They use language that appears to be saying what people want to hear. However, their motives are suspect.

It seems to me that some people were fooled in a garden some years ago by just such a character.

The more I watch this guy, the more you can see that he is nothing but a puppet for the elite left. He gives strong speeches when they are written for him, but check him out in a town meeting and the guy stumbles and falls all over himself.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets.

By illegal does he mean guns in the hands of criminals. If so then what we need to do is take the "criminals " off the street. Or is this another case of "It depends on your definition of what is is".
    Sorry to disagree, but without the criminal, there can be no violence. Unlike a car which can roll down a hill and kill someone, guns don't spontaneously fire off.

The argument that guns, illegal or legal, causes deaths is an old one the antis have made for years. And Obama shows where he is coming from by using the same line.

As has been the tag line by the NRA for years "guns don't kill people, people do" sums up the above very well. Only criminals create crime.

Bottom line is go after the gangbangers, don't go after the guns with even more inane laws that don't work but restrict the law abiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but without the criminal, there can be no violence. Unlike a car which can roll down a hill and kill someone, guns don't spontaneously fire off.

The argument that guns, illegal or legal, causes deaths is an old one the antis have made for years. And Obama shows where he is coming from by using the same line.

As has been the tag line by the NRA for years "guns don't kill people, people do" sums up the above very well. Only criminals create crime.

Bottom line is go after the gangbangers, don't go after the guns with even more inane laws that don't work but restrict the law abiding.
    That was my point. If he is saying that some guns are "illegal" because they are in the hands of criminals then what should be done is get the criminals off the street not the guns. If criminals have guns I want to now why they are on the street in the first place instead of jail.. Criminals belong behind bars not on the street.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    That was my point. If he is saying that some guns are "illegal" because they are in the hands of criminals then what should be done is get the criminals off the street not the guns. If criminals have guns I want to now why they are on the street in the first place instead of jail.. Criminals belong behind bars not on the street.
    I misunderstood then, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I misunderstood then, sorry.
    No problem. Been there, done that.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12