Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By Oldgrunt
  • 5 Post By Ringo
  • 2 Post By CharlesMorrison
  • 3 Post By Ringo
  • 5 Post By BluesStringer
  • 2 Post By CharlesMorrison

Modern day Paul Revere?

This is a discussion on Modern day Paul Revere? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; NSA Whistle-Blower?s Father In Open Letter To Son: ?You Are A Modern Day Paul Revere Summoning The American People To ...

Default Modern day Paul Revere?

NSA Whistle-Blower?s Father In Open Letter To Son: ?You Are A Modern Day Paul Revere Summoning The American People To Confront The Growing Danger Of Tyranny : Personal Liberty Digest?

Personal Liberty published a letter to Edward Snowden from his father. He has been likened to a modern day Paul Revere but I am not so sure that everyone sees him in that light. What he did, at any other time in history, would have been called treason and he would have been dispatched to the great beyond with extreme prejudice. One could debate at length that what he has done was wrong but, given the indiscretions of our government, others would say what he has done is acceptable. He has brought world attention to the nefarious actions committed by our governing powers and added more questions about how our Constitution is being trampled before our eyes. Maybe these revelations will force our Congress to get off their collective arses and do the job they were elected to. Or is that possible anymore?

Ringo is offline Politically Incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Maybe these revelations will force our Congress to get off their collective arses and do the job they were elected to. Or is that possible anymore?
    Nope, not possible anymore OG. Itís too late. The ďAmericaĒ in which we and our parents and grandparents grew up in no longer exists. Too much water has passed under the bridge to save this thing. The average citizen is SO hypnotized by the media, nonstop noise and constant music streaming into their earphones they still arenít paying attention to the erosion of their civil liberties or increasingly absurd rules the authorities are subjecting us to. What's happening in America right now are the precise steps always taken to move societies into Marxism. Hitler used them. Mussolini used them. Pol Pot used them. And they are being instituted by our own corrupt, wicked government to ready America for the New World Order─whose supreme leader will be the antichrist.
    God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and the promises found in the Bible.

Ringo... Sounds like you have already given up hope for our country.
    I don't know about you but I still have hope...and one last fight left in me.
    I say we fight to keep what is ours, not just throw up our hands and say oh well.

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I say we fight to keep what is ours, not just throw up our hands and say oh well.
    Of course I've given up hope for our country. I don't know about you but I believe the Word of God and I won't be here to have to fight anything. When you're Left Behind and the matrix cracks and reality starts flooding in, life on this earth will not be worth living. The hope & dreams you perceive to fight for are GONE. They are already dead; you just havenít fully woken-up enough to comprehend it yet. All are Signs of the End of the Age & this Last Generation that Jesus warned us about, so anyone stubborn and foolish enough to ignore the warnings that have been given for 2000 years deserves to stay here and tough it out. Like I said, too much water has passed under the bridge to save this thing. So have at it. Live life on your own terms for the little bit of time you have left but be prepared to suffer the consequences of your own stupidity.
    God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate all the warnings and the promises found in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    NSA Whistle-Blower?s Father In Open Letter To Son: ?You Are A Modern Day Paul Revere Summoning The American People To Confront The Growing Danger Of Tyranny : Personal Liberty Digest?

Personal Liberty published a letter to Edward Snowden from his father. He has been likened to a modern day Paul Revere but I am not so sure that everyone sees him in that light. What he did, at any other time in history, would have been called treason and he would have been dispatched to the great beyond with extreme prejudice. One could debate at length that what he has done was wrong but, given the indiscretions of our government, others would say what he has done is acceptable. He has brought world attention to the nefarious actions committed by our governing powers and added more questions about how our Constitution is being trampled before our eyes. Maybe these revelations will force our Congress to get off their collective arses and do the job they were elected to. Or is that possible anymore?
    I've got mixed feelings about Snowden's way of going about making his disclosures. I agree with him that The People should know what their government is doing, not for them, but to them. I do not however, appreciate Snowden blowing that whistle and then globe-trotting into the hands of enemies of our country. If he were a true Patriot, as was Paul Revere, he would've laid the groundwork to hide here in this country continuing his resistance to tyranny, and used the information he had to rally the militia against the tyrants, as did Revere. Giving him Paul Revere status is WAY overblown in my opinion. It's as likely that he shared more information with the Chicoms, and now the Russians, than he did with us, The People of the United States of America, to whom his loyalties should come first. Instead, besides the Chinese and Russians, he turned to Julian Assange of WikiLeaks, and I am 100% convinced that he is no friend of liberty.

For the record, I agree with everything Ringo said in reply to this, but wanted to add that there are objective realities for the secularists/atheists to consider too. The days of fighting the power are long gone. Witness So Cal during the Dorner debacle and Boston while going after the Marathon bomber. Witness the collective "who cares?" to Snowden's disclosures. I mean, what a show Congress has put on behind that, eh? A few questions here and there, but of course those questions are posed by people who were in the loop and knew what NSA was doing, and they did nothing until it was made public, and their political careers were in jeopardy if they didn't take a stance against it. A verbal stance, that is. What actions have resulted from the near unanimous knowledge that our own government has been spying on us for many years? In the bigger scheme of things, nothing more significant than a flea farting in the wind. That's just a couple of objective realities that argue against the notion that a second revolution could ever take back what has been stolen from us by tyrants.

Another one is that we, as a nation, allowed them the #1 prize in any attempt to overthrow a free people: Our children's minds. Once we gave up local control of our education system, we doomed ourselves to serfdom. Only old folks have any inkling of a memory of living in freedom, and old men don't fight wars. They may start them. They may lead them, but without an understanding among the foot-soldiers of what is being fought for as the motivation to engage the enemy, the fight is lost before the first shot is fired. The level of idiocy, ignorance and complacency among the government-indoctrinated youth is evidence enough to this approaching-elderly Patriot that the experiment our Framers initiated has proven unsustainable. Samuel Adams pegged the mindset that we have settled into when he said, "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom..." There are very few Patriots willing to animate themselves to engage that contest that Adams was talking about today, and even fewer among the young who must be a part of such a contest for it to have a chance of success.

As starkly adversarial as our history has been at least at one time, Charles, I would still stand and fight with you for the restoration of the Republic if it wasn't a suicide mission. I will not, however, commit suicide for a country full of government-dependent morons who would give nothing more than a collective "Pffft. The dude had an iPhone for cryin' out loud! What more freedom did he need???" Old men don't fight wars, and nowadays, neither do more than a statistical handful of youngins, and they're all deployed out of country anyway.

I have said since I was like 20 years old that I would rather die standing than to live on my knees. The "on my knees" part always referred to something akin to being a slave. Now though, it's different. I'm on my knees in prayer every single day, and in my heart, more independent of government than I've ever been. Old habits die hard, so I post with the defiant fervor I've always had, but I'm well-settled that it's over for this country, and for freedom throughout the world. There's only one path to freedom now. His name is Jesus. I will follow Him to the End.

BTW, Happy 4th of July.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Just so you know (Ringo, Blues), I am not an atheist. I believe in God and I can't wait to meet him (I am not being sarcastic either!).
    I also know that I am nowhere near the same level that Ringo and Blues are with scripture. In fact, I have both enjoyed and learned things specifically because of both Blues and Ringo.
    Alas though, I do not believe we are living in "End Times".
    I unfortunately believe that I will see another revolution in my time (though my time is drawing short!). As such and as long as I draw breath, I will speak out and advocate with my peers, for a larger scale change to our government.
    I am not throwing in the towel just yet. I plan on fighting, if I am called on to do so. While I have faith in God that one day, he will return, I'll just continue on until he calls me home.
    I don't think that America is lost just yet. I believe that it can be restored to its former glory. All we have to do is water the tree a little more often...

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

Just so you know (Ringo, Blues), I am not an atheist. I believe in God and I can't wait to meet him (I am not being sarcastic either!).
    Alas though, I do not believe we are living in "End Times".
    I believe in the God of the Bible (Yahweh) Charles. Many millions proclaim to believe in God, in other words they believe in "a" god. Which god do you believe in?