Obama's Purge: Military Officers Replaced Under the Commander-in-Chief
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By opsspec1991
  • 1 Post By mojoman
  • 1 Post By Twistedcowboy
  • 2 Post By wolf_fire

This is a discussion on Obama's Purge: Military Officers Replaced Under the Commander-in-Chief within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Obama's Purge: Military Officers Replaced Under the Commander-in-Chief By: Kyle Becker High-ranking officers in the United States military are being ...

Default Obama's Purge: Military Officers Replaced Under the Commander-in-Chief

By: Kyle Becker
    High-ranking officers in the United States military are being replaced by the Obama administration and for a number of dubious reasons. The latest is General John Allen, who was embroiled in the Petraeus affair.
    The following are the military officers who resigned under or were removed by President Obama:
    General David Petraeus is perhaps the most visible military officer removed under President Obama. As Tim Brown of the D.C Clothesline summarized well: “Back in November General David Petraeus resigned as head of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), claiming that he was in an adulterous affair, which was discovered by the Federal government snooping through his and his mistress’ emails. This came on the heels of Benghazi being blamed on a YouTube video.”
    The timing of the removal of one of the nation’s most honored military minds, on the heels of the Benghazi scandal, is what makes this a most unusual case. Petraeus effectively disappeared from the national scene overnight.
    The latest to resign under President Obama is General John Allen. On Tuesday, the president accepted General Allen’s resignation, and ostensibly over Allen’s sexual involvement with Jill Kelly. The Pentagon, however, did not allege misconduct charges against General Allen for an exchange of explicit pictures with Jill Kelly. Allen said his resignation was to “address health issues within his family.”
    General Stanley McChrystal resigned in June 2010 after a Rolling Stone article written by mysteriously “disappeared” journalist Michael Hastings caused a controversy. McChrystal had batted down Joe Biden’s “counter-terrorism strategy,” saying it would lead to “Chaos-istan,” which landed McChrystal in hot water with the higher-ups.
    On June 17, 2013 Hastings blasted an email “FBI Investigation, re: NSA,” which said that he was onto a “big story” and he needed to “go off the radar for a bit.” He also advised Buzzfeed to retain legal counsel. Less than sixteen hours later, Hastings died in an early morning car crash at a high-rate of speed. (These are the facts and people can make of them what they will.)
    As Investor’s Business Daily wrote: “Gen. David McKiernan, the four-star who lead U.S. ground forces during the successful lightning Iraq invasion. He was asked to resign command of allied forces in Afghanistan just four months into Obama’s presidency in 2009. Never fully explained, but the implication was administration dissatisfaction with the war’s progress.”

General Carter Ham was removed from his position as the top general at AFRICOM on October 12, 2012, obviously due to his actions on the night of September 11, 2012 during the Benghazi terrorist raid. General Ham, who was the Commander of the 2011 US-NATO operation to topple Gadhafi in Libya, reportedly disregarded a “stand down” order issued from above and ordered the launch of an in extremis force to rescue the eventually slain servicemen at Benghazi, Libya. Regardless of the exact events that night, he was almost immediately removed from command. General Ham has not been called to testify publicly on Benghazi.

Also involved in the military (non-) response to the 9/11 anniversary attack was Admiral David Gaouette. He was replaced on October 27, 2012, according to Military.com news, “pending the outcome of an internal investigation into undisclosed allegations of inappropriate judgment.” As reported by J.B. Williams, Gaouette also received, and disobeyed, a stand down order issued from above. As Williams claims, “Gaouette readied vital intelligence and communications operations for an extraction effort to be launched by Ham.” A Navy spokesman, however, declined to comment on the Admiral’s removal. Gaouette has also not been called to testify publicly about Benghazi.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Well, we know were all this is going.
    XDm. 45 4.5, Gen3 G30S, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G19, Gen4 G29
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

More of Obama`s transparency. Moving forward to hope and change. A real bang up job.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Blog Entries

Default No Surprise

I posted a link several months ago about an alleged litmus test Obama is allegedly using to weed out non compliant brass. That test allegedly is: are they willing to order troops to fire on U.S. citizens. Scary if true.

The only thing that is true about Obama's "hope and change" campaign is that I really do hope for change now.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedcowboy View Post
    are they willing to order troops to fire on U.S. citizens. Scary if true.
    They have had the power/right to shoot citizens. But, they have to declare Martial Law first. I can even see when it might be needed. The Patriot Act is something else, it is more about spying, and warrantless searches. Obama is Commander In Chief, and he can move his Generals (players) around. All the Presidents have done something like this (lots of scandals this time though). The problem this time IMHO The Commander In Chief is AWOL!
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag: