Dearborn, michigan is city first to fully implement sharia law
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Peggy Reist
  • 2 Post By wolf_fire
  • 1 Post By pafindr
  • 2 Post By r1derbike

Dearborn, michigan is city first to fully implement sharia law

This is a discussion on Dearborn, michigan is city first to fully implement sharia law within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; In a surprise weekend vote, the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to ...

Default Dearborn, michigan is city first to fully implement sharia law

In a surprise weekend vote, the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to officially implement all aspects of Sharia Law. The tough new law, slated to go into affect January 1st, addresses secular law including crime, politics and economics as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, fasting, prayer, diet and hygiene.

The new law could see citizens stoned for adultery or having a limb amputated for theft. Lesser offenses, such as drinking alcohol or abortion, could result in flogging and/or caning. In addition, the law imposes harsh laws with regards to women and allows for child marriage.

Some in town seem to welcome the new legislation while others have denounced the move as “abhorrent”, a threat to freedom and incompatible with the Constitution. When asked by National Report about the need for such a law, local resident Jeremy Ahmed stated:

“It is because of our need that Allah the Almighty, in all his generosity, has created laws for us, so that we can utilize them to obtain justice. We hope to see other cities taking this action in the face of the governments inaction of passing such legislation”.

Other local residents have taken to social media sites with comments ranging from “praise be to Allah” and “long live Islam” to “RIP Dearborn” and “Only in Obama’s America would an American city consider Sharia Law”.

The city of Dearborn is a well known safe haven for Muslims and Muslim sympathizers. With a population of around 98 thousand people, roughly 30% of its residence are Muslims making them the largest concentration of Muslims in the United States.

The dangers of Sharia Law in America were first outlined in a 2010 study produced by the Center for Security Policy (CSP) titled “Sharia: The Threat to America“, a 352-page book based on authoritative sources of Islamic law. While sharia includes strict rules for prayer and fasting, it is also an all-encompassing legal and political code that covers all aspects of life including those that have nothing to do with religion.

- See more at: City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law - National Report | National Report
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

I haven't been able to verify this story anywhere else other than on this web site. And they're not always very trustworthy. This is from the bottom of the page:

*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18. - See more at: City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law - National Report | National Report
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Please read this, please read this: It's SATIRE, Internet: 'City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law'

This site confirms the above site's info as to when the meetings in Dearborn actually occured: Scheduled Meeting Dates

Here are minutes from the Dearborn, MI council meetings: Downloads | 2013 Minutes | City Council Minutes | City Council
    I didn't find anything about Sharia law in any of them.

Concerning the demographics in Dearborn, your article has 98 thousand. This was true in 2010, but that number is falling somewhat. In 2012, it is 96 thousand. About 30% of their population being Muslim, this I found dubious, so I did a quick look see. Dearborn, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You'll note that 40% are ARAB American, but a lot of them are Christian Arabs. They do have one of the largest Islamic mosques though. We have a lot of Christian Arabs in this country. Reason you ask? They are persecuted and killed in Muslim countries, so they flee to America for asylum. According to this site, only 3.7% of the Dearborn residents follow Islam... ooops your article carried the decimal one place too many. Definitely not 30%!! Religion in Dearborn, Michigan

Opsspec, you have printed some doozies in your short time here, but this one had me belly roll laughing. You don't think every major news channel, no matter how liberal they may be, wouldn't have this plastered on their news. Seriously, a city fully implementing Sharia law would be MAJOR news and everyone would be reporting it.

You need to realize when you click on a satire website, you then should not post it as real news, but then again, since Feb of this year, you post on average over 4 a day and they are usually misinformed pieces from unreliable sources. You have posted a few informative things, but not a high number. This one.. .phew... I still am wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I live 10 miles from Dearborn, haven't heard anything about it.

"The National Report is satire"

Keep repeating that line over in your head so when you see things on their site you remember.

I'm not a lawyer so take it for what it's worth. For legal advice ask a lawyer.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Those who accept second best must learn to live with mediocrity. - pafindr

Thing is, real Sharia law could not exist in the United States, regardless if City council passes it or not, state and Federal laws supersede city and local laws. So, in that aspect, all of the things mentioned in your post would still be illegal, and anyone caught by Police conducting such activities could be charged just as anyone else for Murder, rape, and child molestation. Good luck to the hajis, wont happen in the United States.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I remember a Ronald Reagan quote from years ago, that may have some credibility here.

"Trust, but verify".

Throw-out the "trust", and you've got the essence of what needs to happen here.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.