List of Purged Military Officers - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

List of Purged Military Officers

This is a discussion on List of Purged Military Officers within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Howdy, Originally Posted by vernsimpson We will be advised to put some lead liners in our tinfoil hats, but it ...

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    We will be advised to put some lead liners in our tinfoil hats, but it sure looks that way. Besides now the "greenies" are forcing us to stop using lead in our ammo so lead will get scarce.
    Too freakin' funny!!!

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I trust 9x19 with my life and I in no way feel under-gunned, I'd put what I got up against almost anybody in a gunfight. As I like to ask people, "Do you gun, bro?"....

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Lots of talk but I see no reasons for these people being canned from the military. The fact that 157 majors in the Air Force were booted during a draw down AND after having been passed over twice is no surprise to me. If an 04 is passed over twice, he's pretty much done, I would say. As for the nuke guy, sounds like a drinking problem to me. Can't really comment on the first list without seeing the REASONS these people were "purged."
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

All services have FITREP reviews of officers. And you're right, if passed over twice you're asked to resign your commission. The problem is who is being ordered to "adjust" FITREPS to comply with political directives. COMPLY or DIE, that's what most O-5's and above understand. Vetting of O-4's and below dictates whether you'll be elevated to O-5. WILL YOU COMPLY?
    This ain't corporate this is the Military.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Obama's Purge: Military Officers Replaced Under the Commander-in-Chief

By: Kyle Becker

High-ranking officers in the United States military are being replaced by the Obama administration and for a number of dubious reasons. The latest is General John Allen, who was embroiled in the Petraeus affair.

The following are the military officers who resigned under or were removed by President Obama:

Gen David-Petraeus

General David Petraeus is perhaps the most visible military officer removed under President Obama. As Tim Brown of the D.C Clothesline summarized well: “Back in November General David Petraeus resigned as head of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), claiming that he was in an adulterous affair, which was discovered by the Federal government snooping through his and his mistress’ emails. This came on the heels of Benghazi being blamed on a YouTube video.”

The timing of the removal of one of the nation’s most honored military minds, on the heels of the Benghazi scandal, is what makes this a most unusual case. Petraeus effectively disappeared from the national scene overnight.

Gen John-allen
    The latest to resign under President Obama is General John Allen. On Tuesday, the president accepted General Allen’s resignation, and ostensibly over Allen’s sexual involvement with Jill Kelly. The Pentagon, however, did not allege misconduct charges against General Allen for an exchange of explicit pictures with Jill Kelly. Allen said his resignation was to “address health issues within his family.”

Gen-Stanley Mcchrystal

General Stanley McChrystal resigned in June 2010 after a Rolling Stone article written by mysteriously “disappeared” journalist Michael Hastings caused a controversy. McChrystal had batted down Joe Biden’s “counter-terrorism strategy,” saying it would lead to “Chaos-istan,” which landed McChrystal in hot water with the higher-ups.

On June 17, 2013 Hastings blasted an email “FBI Investigation, re: NSA,” which said that he was onto a “big story” and he needed to “go off the radar for a bit.” He also advised Buzzfeed to retain legal counsel. Less than sixteen hours later, Hastings died in an early morning car crash at a high-rate of speed. (These are the facts and people can make of them what they will.)

Gen Mickiernan

As Investor’s Business Daily wrote: “Gen. David McKiernan, the four-star who lead U.S. ground forces during the successful lightning Iraq invasion. He was asked to resign command of allied forces in Afghanistan just four months into Obama’s presidency in 2009. Never fully explained, but the implication was administration dissatisfaction with the war’s progress.”

General Carter Ham

Was removed from his position as the top general at AFRICOM on October 12, 2012, obviously due to his actions on the night of September 11, 2012 during the Benghazi terrorist raid. General Ham, who was the Commander of the 2011 US-NATO operation to topple Gadhafi in Libya, reportedly disregarded a “stand down” order issued from above and ordered the launch of an in extremis force to rescue the eventually slain servicemen at Benghazi, Libya. Regardless of the exact events that night, he was almost immediately removed from command. General Ham has not been called to testify publicly on Benghazi.

Adm Gauoette

Also involved in the military (non-) response to the 9/11 anniversary attack was Admiral David Gaouette. He was replaced on October 27, 2012, according to Military.com news, “pending the outcome of an internal investigation into undisclosed allegations of inappropriate judgment.” As reported by J.B. Williams, Gaouette also received, and disobeyed, a stand down order issued from above. As Williams claims, “Gaouette readied vital intelligence and communications operations for an extraction effort to be launched by Ham.” A Navy spokesman, however, declined to comment on the Admiral’s removal. Gaouette has also not been called to testify publicly about Benghazi.

Gen James cartwright

Retired Marine General James “Hoss” Cartwright is currently the focus of a probe for “allegedly leaking classified information about a covert cyber attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities.” The former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who is 63, retired in 2011, after having been cleared of all wrongdoing in yet another sexually suggestive affair.

What is the red thread connecting several of these cases? An NSA whisteblower (Edward Snowden is only one of four major NSA whistleblowers) Russel Tice claims that the domestic spy agency is wiretapping and carrying out surveillance on top military officers. Listen to his interview below:

Whether or not this is true, and it certainly seems the NSA has the capability to do this, it raises several questions about the manner that several high-ranking military officers were removed. Is there any manner of entrapment or blackmail being carried out on military officers, who subsequently refuse to testify openly and honestly over sensitive national security matters?

The deafening silence over who exactly issued the Benghazi “stand down order” that plausibly resulted in the deaths of two CIA servicemen (who also disobeyed stand down orders) and the reprisals against administration whistleblowers suggest that a thorough public investigation into such matters is of utmost importance. If the federal government is being abused to silence critics of the administration, or if it is being wielded against those who refuse to carry out illegal and immoral acts, representative government demands not just investigation, but decisive action.

Obama's Purge: Military Officers Replaced Under the Commander-in-Chief | Independent Journal Review
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

It's been awhile, probably about a month, but I saw all the officers listed along with the reason for their dismissal. While a FEW were plausible, most were (IMO) very trivial. Maybe the military considers trivial reasons more seriously than I do. And I'm sure other presidents have done the same, but it sure didn't garner the same amount of attention that this huge group did.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    It's been awhile, probably about a month, but I saw all the officers listed along with the reason for their dismissal. While a FEW were plausible, most were (IMO) very trivial. Maybe the military considers trivial reasons more seriously than I do. And I'm sure other presidents have done the same, but it sure didn't garner the same amount of attention that this huge group did.
    I swear, considering the things my husband has to deal with, sometimes they're ONLY concerned with trivial things.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

If I remember right, I read a article that more high ranking officers have been forced to retire under Obama than the past 6 presidents combined, there's got to be a hidden agenda under Obama somewhere.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

kwimby is offline Banned

These pieces of work are exemplary of the type of conduct for which upper echelons of the U.S. miltary are being "purged." Sexual misconduct seems to be pretty popular these days, but these douchebags take the prize. No conspiracy, just taking out the trash:

US suspends two admirals over major bribery scandal - Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more emphatically on this one. All these officers committed crimes and/or were involved in other misconduct and/or performed their l duties in a substandard manner. They (and many others) deserved to go. This long-overdue return to "extreme accountability" accelerated under SecDef Gates (as far back as 1990, SecDef Cheney. obo Pres Bush I fired the AF Chief of Staff). That this general officer leadership problem would surface was obvious as far back as the early 1990s when the Senate Armed Services Committee used a badly-conducted Air Force general officer promotion board case to push through legislation eliminating any possibility of board receipt and consideration of anything other the info in an officer's record. Most pointedly, it eliminated the longstanding and very effective practice of senior officers providing candid assessments that were invariably more reliable than what appeared in grossly-inflated performance reports. In short, the new way of picking general officers gives everybody a democratic fair shake at the expense of top quality and reliability in the selection process.

If a President wanted to "purge" the military, he would just eliminate a few of the crucially-placed ones.

The notion of eliminating a bunch of flag officers for sinister plans (impose martial law, shoot US citizens on home soil, etc), a popular extreme right-wing conspiracy chatter topic, is utter nonsense.
    Can you site sources as to why these officers we're let go?

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    These pieces of work are exemplary of the type of conduct for which upper echelons of the U.S. miltary are being "purged." Sexual misconduct seems to be pretty popular these days, but these douchebags take the prize. No conspiracy, just taking out the trash:

US suspends two admirals over major bribery scandal - Telegraph
    "Just taking out the trash". I like that...
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast