Phil Robertson - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Phil Robertson

This is a discussion on Phil Robertson within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Obama's proposed fiscal year 2014 budget request includes 29.7 billion for hiv/aids activities and although 5 times as many people ...

Obama's proposed fiscal year 2014 budget request includes 29.7 billion for hiv/aids activities and although 5 times as many people suffer from Alzheimer's as an example ,a paltry 484 million was spent on Alzheimer's research, something WRONG with this picture !
    WHEN IN DOUBT EMPTY THE MAG !

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    The operative word is "phobic disorder"...an anxiety disorder characterized by extreme and irrational fear of simple things or social situations; "phobic disorder is a general term for all phobias". Now then I do not fear homosexuals, actually they can clean a house really really good. I just want them to keep their hands off of me and not to be looking at my pee pee in the mens room. Simple nuf!

Correct, but! This also encompasses the definition of phobia : an extremely strong dislike or fear of someone or something. Again, it's is a fear , but also an extreme dislikes. You may not be "afraid" of homosexuals, but your "behavior" towards homosexuals could be considered homophobic " I just want them to keep their hands off of me and not to be looking at my pee pee in the mens room." You even exposed an anxiety right there, as if some **** is gonna run into a bathroom all cock hungry (I'm sure there are creeps who do, but still....)

Ringo is online now Politically Incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by msimmons View Post

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs.
    Sounds just like ChristPHOBIA, you know, it encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward Christianity. It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs.

~ Hypocrisy is America's favorite sport ~
    AMERICA...Harmless To It's Enemies - Treacherous To It's Friends

Ringo is online now Politically Incorrect

Default Why homosexuals bully and hate Christians

The Bible believing Christian is the biggest roadblock to acceptance of homosexuality. I say “Bible believing” because there are a huge number of Christians who pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to obey and follow, and what parts they reject as not in alignment with their way of thinking. These are not Bible believing Christians. I use the word “acceptance” of homosexuality in the context that it is not “sin.” To discount homosexuality as some sort of aberration that the Holy Spirit somehow missed is bumping up close to the line called heresy. From Genesis through the Pentateuch through the Gospels through the Epistles, homosexuality is considered abomination and sin. No question.

From the beginning, God created man and woman--told them to be fruitful and multiply. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their sexual sin which was predicated on homosexuality. Genesis 19:5, “Where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them.” The laws given by God to Moses commanded that men should not “lie” with men as with women, “It is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22).” Christ spoke of the union between man and woman in both Matthew and Mark, that what God joined together let no man put asunder. Romans Chapter 1, verses 25-32 describe the sin of homosexuality and its consequences. There are many more examples.

True Bible believing Christians and Jews cannot justify homosexuality as anything short of sin and, therefore, cannot “accept” homosexuality as normal. But we cannot be high minded in this matter. Romans 3:10 says, “There is none righteous, no, not one.” 2 Peter 3:9 says that the Lord is “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” That homosexuality is sin gives us no excuse to hate homosexuals, no matter how intolerant, bigoted, hypocritical, mean-spirited, proud, spiteful and bullying they are. Micah 6:8 tells us, “He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

As a Christian, I try very hard to look upon everyone as an opportunity to show Christ to them, to “educate” them, if you will, about the better way. Yet, I will not compromise my personal belief or who I am. Homosexuals should understand that in this country all people have the right to free speech and religious expression. Homosexuals often demand tolerance and equality, but do not afford the same courtesy to those with whom they disagree. True Christians will not be bullied into accepting something that God says they cannot accept. We can, however, treat all people equal under the law and show them love and mercy as commanded by our Lord and Savior. It amazes me how Christians are labeled bigots and haters with such vitriol by those who disagree with God’s word.

Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,

Bill Wilson
    AMERICA...Harmless To It's Enemies - Treacherous To It's Friends

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Either you're a hypocrite and/or a discriminatory individual just by choosing the word "f a g". You couldn't choose a more hateful, damaging word in the English language in relation to homosexuality. You're ignorant, but I already knew that. Nice avatar.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor
    The word *** is actually an English slang for cigarette. The word faggot on the other hand is a term first embraced by homosexuals. Get your facts straight ...oops...can I use the word "straight" or is that also considered homophobic. What isn't homophobic...fudge packer?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

The word *** is actually an English slang for cigarette. The word faggot on the other hand is a term first embraced by homosexuals. Get your facts straight ...oops...can I use the word "straight" or is that also considered homophobic. What isn't homophobic...fudge packer?
    Guess what? *** is now bleeped! How come fudge packer didn't get bleeped?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Either you're a hypocrite and/or a discriminatory individual just by choosing the word "f a g". You couldn't choose a more hateful, damaging word in the English language in relation to homosexuality. You're ignorant, but I already knew that. Nice avatar.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor
    If using the word "f a g" when referencing an homosexual is considered discriminatory, wouldn't the homosexual's use of the word "bigot" toward a straight person also be considered discriminatory? Oh surely not, we all know that it is only the LGBT people who are being discriminated against! Now isn't that a bunch of BS?

Guess what? *** is now bleeped! How come fudge packer didn't get bleeped?
    It is the spacing between the letters that let it go through. "***" either way around!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Sounds just like ChristPHOBIA, you know, it encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward Christianity. It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs.

~ Hypocrisy is America's favorite sport ~
    Agree on all but the bold part - It is always related to antipathy for Christianity, and nearly always related to a lack of religious beliefs.

What amazes me about all this is that A&E and the wider media focused like a laser beam on Phil Robertson expressing his beliefs about homosexuality, which are shared by 95% or better (should obviously be 100%, but that's an argument for another day and thread) of all Christians everywhere around the world, but they virtually ignored some pretty ignorant things he had to say about Sam Crow-era treatment of black folks, which would be near-universally condemned by Christians and non-Christians alike.

I agree wholeheartedly with those who say this is not a free speech issue. It's a prudence issue as far as I'm concerned. Robertson had the prudence to answer honestly, and well within a Biblical framework, an imprudent question by a media-type who only asked it to cause a sh!tstorm surrounding the highly successful, Christian-centric show. Robertson was highly imprudent, however, to use the opportunity of that interview to spew highly offensive remarks about how well blacks were treated back in the days of his youth. And A&E was more imprudent than anyone in canning him, or suspending him, whatever the case turns out to be in the long-run, based only on the utterances about gays which are all fully compatible with his Christian beliefs. If A&E was looking for a way to drive a wedge between themselves and the Robertson family without hurting their own reputation, they should've cited his ignorantly-expressed views about blacks instead of his fully Christian-compliant views about gays.

Apparently A&E was more interested in sucking up (pun intended) to the gays instead of the blacks, when prudence would dictate that they minimize imprudent and controversial speech on any subject by a member of the cast of their highest-earning show in their entire history as a network. In the long-run, A&E will be hurt the worst, the Robertsons (and Christians everywhere) won't be hurt at all, and as this thread shows, regular folk will foist recriminations upon each other at the drop of a hat for nothing that affects any of us.

Weird stuff.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    My problem with the entire GAY thing is gay has entered into our lexicon and it takes away from what the act/issue is. Two “Great” world religions say homosexual ACTS (not desires) are abominable. I have a Quran and Greek/Hebrew/English bibles. Everyone lists sexual sins as paramount. This may be fornication, adultery or homosexual acts. My G_d is not flippant; my G_d has definite rules, regulations and laws. I read English; I have a computer I research. Islam or Christianity does not condone homosexual ACTS. We have absolutes, pure water boils and freezes at exact temperatures at sea level. Some body parts were made for certain acts by the Designer of all living things. The desire is not sin, the acts are. That is my faith, if someone wises to sodomize his neighbor and his neighbor is fine with that act go for it, but do not legitimize this and force me to pay for this act or to recognize this.
    Well said. A good common sense answer that will go right over the heads of the homosexuals!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast